Leaperkim Lynx 2700wh: 151V, 20" tire, suspension, 89lb

RagingGrandpa

Rode tonight and had constant wobbles pop up on me. Anywhere from 10 MPH up to 40 MPH. 

At first I attributed this to the new shoes and pads on my Lynx. But I believe now it is completely tire psi related. 

My first two rides with the Lynx I had a few tame wobbles that would pop up. I had originally set the street tire psi to 32. Never checked the tire for the second ride. 

Tonight after the frequency and severity of the wobbles I let the Lynx set for a couple hours and then checked the tire. It was down to 28 psi. 

I feel like the tubeless street tire is extremely sensitive to the psi you are running. I hope to get out again Friday or Saturday and test it at 35 psi to see how it acts. 

I am also slightly concerned it's lost 4psi over 32 miles of riding. Is this a tubeless tire related issue? 

In case anyone is wondering I am 6'4 275lbs without any gear. 

I would be interested to see what others are running and if it's been stable for them. Or if you find your tires been losing air quicker than you would feel is normal. 

Edited by Ryan5508
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ryan5508 said:

I am also slightly concerned it's lost 4psi over 32 miles of riding. Is this a tubeless tire related issue? 

In case anyone is wondering I am 6'4 275lbs without any gear. 

I would be interested to see what others are running and if it's been stable for them. Or if you find your tires been losing air quicker than you would feel is normal. 

Sounds like you have the street tire version? 

I’m still waiting for my Lynx, but wobbling seems to be a common complaint. Even for knobby version. It might be related to pedal height.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vertex said:

Have others seen very high PWM readings from their Lynx using DarknessBot or EUC world?

I am very concerned by what I am seeing. Yesterday I got 80% PWM beeps through DarknessBot riding about 39mph at 90% battery. Last night I was riding around 32mph at 80% battery and was hitting 70% PWM. Does this seem alarmingly high to anyone else?

I have linked a short video of the DarknessBot metrics from my ride last night

A bit more context: I have done the most recent Lynx firmware update. I have not used high speed mode. I did a free spin test at full battery and the wheel reached ~70mph at 100% PWM. 

Video of surprising high PWM reading at ~30mph

IMG_3027.thumb.jpeg.0c97e1a6dc165ae9bd3cd25f98e78257.jpegThis above was from my speed runs in my last video on darknessbot showed 90% 

Have my alarms set at 85% PWM I did hear beeps but thought they were speed at the time.

1 hour ago, Forwardnbak said:

IMG_3027.thumb.jpeg.0c97e1a6dc165ae9bd3cd25f98e78257.jpegThis above was from my speed runs in my last video on darknessbot showed 90% 

Have my alarms set at 85% PWM I did hear beeps but thought they were speed at the time.

A PWM of 90% and about 48mph seems higher than I expected. I thought the Lynx would have a slightly higher top speed but I guess what I have been seeing is to be expected if you’re getting those metrics

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Vertex said:

A PWM of 90% and about 48mph seems higher than I expected. I thought the Lynx would have a slightly higher top speed but I guess what I have been seeing is to be expected if you’re getting those metrics

This was not on HS mode and I was pushing it to get to speed In a small space. 

• Like 1

Few things to note.

1) Reported PWM means fuck all until there is a software patch.

2) Trust in the 90% in wheel beeps and tiltback and you'll be fine.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, peytole said:

I lowered the pressure of the kenda to 26 PSI and there are no more problems.  Soon I'm going to ride a shinko244 tubeless, I'll report back.

My understanding is that what is written on the sidewall of the tire is the max load at a given PSI, so for K262 that is max 225kg at 33PSI, doesn't mean you can't have more than 33PSI in general.

Tire experts can correct me if I am wrong.

18 minutes ago, techyiam said:

@Rawnei

Are you finding that your Lynx feel more stable and planted than your S22 at speeds between 50 km/h and 70 km/h?

Not Rawnei. No. S22 is more stable at all speeds. Lynx isn't unstable it's just the S22 holds it's position like a tank. I think that's a trait of the stock tyre though and the lower pedals.

41 minutes ago, techyiam said:

@Rawnei

Are you finding that your Lynx feel more stable and planted than your S22 at speeds between 50 km/h and 70 km/h?

For me a wheel either feels stable and planted or it does not, there's no in-betweens, often it comes down to how used I am to the tire and if the pads are correctly setup for me. I have not ridden my Lynx that much yet but it felt very similar to Patton to ride which for me felt good, I still need to tweak my pads a bit further to get it perfect.

What are you trying to deduct from your questions though? What you see is just a bunch of impressions from different riders, different riding styles, different tire choices, different air pressure, not sure what one can deduct from all this.

2 hours ago, peytole said:

I lowered the pressure of the kenda to 26 PSI and there are no more problems.  Soon I'm going to ride a shinko244 tubeless, I'll report back.

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the Shinko 244 requires a tube and you don't want to run it tubeless, the sidewalls probably aren't strong enough since they're designed to be used with a tube.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

What are you trying to deduct from your questions though? What you see is just a bunch of impressions from different riders, diff canerent riding styles, different tire choices, different air pressure, not sure what one can deduct from all this.

For example, from what I can gather, most riders would consider that the EX30, and V13 to be more stable than the S22.

However, tire choice matters.

Il y a 3 heures, Sprite a dit :

Je peux me tromper, mais je suis presque sûr que le Shinko 244 nécessite une chambre à air et que vous ne voulez pas l'utiliser sans chambre à air, les parois latérales ne sont probablement pas assez solides puisqu'elles sont conçues pour être utilisées avec une chambre à air.

il est possible de rouler en tubeless shinko244 sans aucun problème. Cela fonctionne parfaitement sur tous les shinko !

Regarding stability with high pedals and stock Kenda, too much pressure is the wrong direction. Furthermore, the position of the pads is very important on lynx because of the height of the pedals, asymmetry has no place here.

Edited by peytole
  • Like 1

Did a 45km group ride today and pushed top speed couple of times, my EUC World alarm at 80% PWM/20% safety margin triggered around 60kmh (multiple times), it's difficult for me to hear beeps over wind and helmet but I don't think wheel was beeping and I couldn't really feel my tiltback which I have set at 74% PWM.

My guess is that EUC World doesn't have full support for the Lynx yet and the PWM value we see in EUC World is not the wheel reported one but a calculation which does not match wheel PWM, maybe @Seba can clarify this?

Edited by Rawnei
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Any consensus on the overcharging? My Lynx currently at end of charge phase highest cell is 4.223V, lowest 4.168, mostly concerned about the 4.2V+ but aware that sensors at can be off.

On 2/21/2024 at 4:31 AM, o u euc 2 said:

Do you think lining the inner cover with aluminum foil would shield the electronics from radio waves?

There's EMF and EMR blocking paint that would probably do the job. I remember seeing a Linus Tech Tips video about how it worked surprisingly well. It would probably weaken the intensity but unsure by how much. It might also mean you would experience trouble connecting to the wheel with your phone.

• Like 1