Leaperkim Lynx 2700wh: 151V, 20" tire, suspension, 89lb

RagingGrandpa

I carelessly clicked on the video this time and when I realised who was in it, I stopped it immediately because I knew that I couldn't expect him to make any valuable or well-founded statements. 

Your statement then confirmed what I had suspected. 

Damn, I should have seen your post before! Or does a click not count if you stop the video within 5 seconds? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EUC Custom Power-Pads said:

I carelessly clicked on the video this time and when I realised who was in it, I stopped it immediately because I knew that I couldn't expect him to make any valuable or well-founded statements. 

Your statement then confirmed what I had suspected. 

Damn, I should have seen your post before! Or does a click not count if you stop the video within 5 seconds? 

it counts as a view if it's greater than 30 seconds of watch time. :)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, fl105kg said:

Is anyone going to swap the upcoming tubeless 90/80-14 knobby tire on their Lynx from the 841 tubeless? 

What is the upcoming 90/80 tl knobby? Till today, no single knobby is rated for tubeless operation (besides the IRC SN26 Evo Dualsports)

Would be super happy if a tl knobby would Show up 

Edited by onkeldanuel
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, fl105kg said:

Is anyone going to swap the upcoming tubeless 90/80-14 knobby tire on their Lynx from the 841 tubeless? 

Fellow Lynx owner told me is very easy to disassemble the air valve on the rim , and then you can put your tube 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, onkeldanuel said:

What is the upcoming 90/80 tl knobby? Till today, no single knobby is rated for tubeless operation (besides the IRC SN26 Evo Dualsports)

Would be super happy if a tl knobby would Show up 

eWheels is working on a Knobby TL option from what I heard.

I like the idea of tubeless no more tubes etc, what I don’t like is having to purchase a tire compressor and the added work making it to seal properly.  Air compressor+ Bead Blaster for easy tire replacement (I know you can do the strap method etc but mileage may vary)

8 hours ago, LaveyZFG said:

I like the idea of tubeless no more tubes etc, what I don’t like is having to purchase a tire compressor and the added work making it to seal properly.  Air compressor+ Bead Blaster for easy tire replacement (I know you can do the strap method etc but mileage may vary)

+1.

For DIY owners, it could be a pain too. You would need knowledge, experience, and tools.

I have an Abrams, which comes with a tubeless tire from the factory.

Based on my ownership experience, I wouldn't say tubeless is better.

Tube-type is not easier nor harder.

If you want to mount a motorcycle/scooter tire on, either tube or tubeless would not be easy nor straightforward for someone who hasn't done it before. 

And for people with experience, it still requires some effort.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, LaveyZFG said:

eWheels is working on a Knobby TL option from what I heard.

You dont need anything for tl besides an ordinary pump...a proper tl tire seals immediately even with a handpump on these rims (done it myself on S22 and Sherman S) 

You also dont need tiresealant....nothing

Im waiting hard for a tubeless rated knobby 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, onkeldanuel said:

You dont need anything for tl besides an ordinary pump...a proper tl tire seals immediately even with a handpump on these rims (done it myself on S22 and Sherman S) 

You also dont need tiresealant....nothing

Im waiting hard for a tubeless rated knobby 

Can confirm a normal pump will do it, even on bigger mountain bike tires that are tubeless compatible.  You can break the bead by fully deflating and then stepping directly on the bead with the edge of your shoe (right where the tire meets the rim).  If the interface is proper, you don't even need any goo/sealant to put inside for it to work.  The sealant is just there to instantly patch any slits/holes you might get in your tire while riding.

But... if you're trying to get a rim + tire that aren't meant to be tubeless to go tubeless, or made poorly, that's when things get to be a pain.  With old school setups like that, sometimes I needed a compressor to get it to seal.  I'm hoping we can get closer to the mountain bike world, where it takes about 5 strokes of a floor pump to pop the tire on the bead

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, eucfilm said:

Here's a very visual review of the lynx of what this delicious wheel can be capable of. Recorded by me also riding a Lynx and I hope to provide interesting facts here in the forum, thanks!

Nice video but some critique, you claim that 50E has longer battery life than 50S, it's not true and have been proved not true, so at this point saying that is misinformation. 😉

• Like 3

On 1/25/2024 at 11:54 PM, Rawnei said:

Nice video but some critique, you claim that 50E has longer battery life than 50S, it's not true and have been proved not true, so at this point saying that is misinformation. 😉

Watched the video, & to give him benefit of doubt, I assuming that statement was out of context. Do you think he may mean "battery life" as in higher discharge rate, because it can discharge faster than 50E?

I am only saying this so they have room to correct. Only because if its misinformation, the reason is vague or obscure marketing to not have & hold onto specific model EUC's they would eventually not sell quickly or not @ all since them being a small retail shop in Spain, they likely have a smaller profit margin on these wheels due to import duties on certain products like these not made in spain, this is my best guess, & it's probably never a good look to admit, in public spaces that certain governments have challenging import tarrif structures. So sometimes it's also better to say that if a larger 50E inventory was purchased over 50S to cover up a technical error in judgment. Just so many ways to go about this. 

5 hours ago, Supakatt said:

Does anyone know if leaperkim is working on fixing the overcharging problem? 

Mine balances out, and goes back down after a while.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Supakatt said:

Does anyone know if leaperkim is working on fixing the overcharging problem? 

Is there really confirmed problem with overcharging ? How accurate is that onboard monitoring ?

Anyone coming from 16" wheel? I had V12HT  and decided to replace before I end up badly injured (had cutout twice). Lynx is super comfortable but I miss that kick from smaller and lighter (torquier) whee and immediacy of the non- suspension. Will that buzz return after a while and one gets adjusted to Lynx's dimensions. Should i have chosen V14 or Paton? (I wanted to avoid Inmotion altogether). 

Edited by versus
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, versus said:

Anyone coming from 16" wheel. I had V12HT  and decided to replace before I end up ibadly injured (had cutout twice). Lynx is super comfortable but I miss that kick from smaller and lighter (torquier) whee and immediacy of the non suspension. Will that buzz return after a while and one gets adjusted to Lynx's dimensions. Should i have chosen V14 or Paton? (I wanted to avoid In motion altogether). 

How long have you been riding your Lynx?

After a certain length of time, you should feel that your Lynx rides normally, and a 16" wheel would feel too sensitive and twitchy. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UniVehje said:

I’m just here to reiterate what @techyiam said above. You will get used to it and then 12” rim wheels will feel small. You just need to adjust for somewhat larger body movements when riding. You loose some of the immediacy at starts and gain stability at speed. You will acclimate in 200-500 kilometres. 
Whether you should’ve chosen a smaller rim depends on your use case. It’s not a question of better and worse. I suggest you just enjoy the feeling of learning to ride again. You get good experience on this size rim and later you can compare to smaller again. When you buy your next wheel you’ll have more wisdom to choose then. 

Funny thing is that I  miss the involvement that v12 required from you . I was mostly riding street. You needed to couteract every single obstacle (bumps, potholes, bulges), wheel would bonk on the asphalt creases and ride was incredibly dynamic. Now I feel like can go to sleep while riding. Suspension covers for all the small obstacles on the pavement and its weight and size extends the reaction time once you "forcefully" engage (instead of reacting to the pothole you can just go through it.)

On the positive side you can now be more relaxed with jumping curbs instead of bonking them. Bonking works up to certain height and than afterrwards its really stressfull to do higher ones which require combining bump and deweight, I know, even non suspension wheels can be jumped onto curbs,- but suspension really makes it easy with preload and jump technique. Also downhill runs feel more stable whereas I would not be confortable to ride V12 over 40 Km/h on a winding downhill.

Maybe it is offroad and speed where this wheel excels and I wanted to cover all the bases which  It is not so ideal for my curent riding style. Hoping I would venture now more to offroading.  Just looking forward to that umph that was really present with V12.

I mostly reacted with mpulse to that fact that it dropped me and wanted something  totally different as a replacement.  Especially regarding safety. I hope, at least i got that with Lynx, as without it there is no peace of mind, no matter how appealing the ride feels.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, versus said:

Anyone coming from 16" wheel? I had V12HT  and decided to replace before I end up badly injured (had cutout twice). Lynx is super comfortable but I miss that kick from smaller and lighter (torquier) whee and immediacy of the non- suspension. Will that buzz return after a while and one gets adjusted to Lynx's dimensions. Should i have chosen V14 or Paton? (I wanted to avoid Inmotion altogether). 

I went from V12HT to the Lynx.

I really like it. I had the bearing spacer issue (some batch 1 models), so It's now at ewheels being repaired.

I'm back on the V12, until then, but I ride on a lot of rocky roads, so I miss the Lynx bad.

I had about 230 miles on it, and my pedals set very soft, like 10% I think.

1 hour ago, versus said:

Funny thing is that I  miss the involvement that v12 required from you . I was mostly riding street. You needed to couteract every single obstacle (bumps, potholes, bulges), wheel would bonk on the asphalt creases and ride was incredibly dynamic. Now I feel like can go to sleep while riding. Suspension covers for all the small obstacles on the pavement and its weight and size extends the reaction time once you "forcefully" engage (instead of reacting to the pothole you can just go through it.)

On the positive side you can now be more relaxed with jumping curbs instead of bonking them. Bonking works up to certain height and than afterrwards its really stressfull to do higher ones which require combining bump and deweight, I know, even non suspension wheels can be jumped onto curbs,- but suspension really makes it easy with preload and jump technique. Also downhill runs feel more stable whereas I would not be confortable to ride V12 over 40 Km/h on a winding downhill.

Maybe it is offroad and speed where this wheel excels and I wanted to cover all the bases which  It is not so ideal for my curent riding style. Hoping I would venture now more to offroading.  Just looking forward to that umph that was really present with V12.

I mostly reacted with mpulse to that fact that it dropped me and wanted something  totally different as a replacement.  Especially regarding safety. I hope, at least i got that with Lynx, as without it there is no peace of mind, no matter how appealing the ride feels.  

What happens instead is that eventually you start playing around more due to suspension, potholes and other obstacles become fun springboards instead of harsh obstacles.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, versus said:

The safety and less mind stress is what sold me. Fully decked out I'm looking at less than 10% of what the ER visit cost me September before last when lady ran over my motorcycle and I.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, joyrider said:

The safety and less mind stress is what sold me. Fully decked out I'm looking at less than 10% of what the ER visit cost me September before last when lady ran over my motorcycle and I.

I second that.

• Like 1