Leaperkim Lynx 2700wh: 151V, 20" tire, suspension, 89lb

RagingGrandpa

I have to applaud them for the battery packs. I’m a big fan of the layout, good BMS, high power cells, physically well protected, water sealed. For this type of wheel it’s near perfect.

Personally I’m still waiting for a giga street wheel to come out. If you notice with these single column battery packs, the sides are quite small front to back (some people even have trouble positioning pads properly). There’s enough room to double up the columns, which would provide double the capacity (5,400Wh), 27kW continuous (with 50S cells), and have tons of room for pads. Pair it with a 17” rim and fork suspension, and you have the street wheel of my dreams.

Thats said, the Lynx is looking like a great all around type wheel, and it would be my first choice if I was looking for a wheel right now. Hats off to LeaperKim for this one.

Edited by InfiniteWheelie

7 hours ago, Ronin Ryder said:

There's the top cover and inside there's another cover that protects the motherboard of the Lynx. I would be very surprised to see water ingress there. Noticed this during a tear down of the wheel.  Imo all the latest new wheels are good enough ish for rain riding. Ive ridden extensively the lynx in the rain and so did Hsiang. As always check your wheel after a rain ride and dry up the wheel asap. 

https://youtube.com/shorts/kKSzZtSc3go?si=UbeneF5DWjsodArw

By checking the wheel do you mean a full teardown every time you ride in rain, or just checking ingress points?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, hydracricket said:

By checking the wheel do you mean a full teardown every time you ride in rain, or just checking ingress points?

There no way anybody is going to do a teardown on a Lynx after every ride in the rain.

Most people just keep the wheel upright and not on its side.

Some may even dry up the top like the display, trolley handle area, and etc.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

20 hours ago, InfiniteWheelie said:

I have to applaud them for the battery packs. I’m a big fan of the layout, good BMS, high power cells, physically well protected, water sealed. For this type of wheel it’s near perfect.

Personally I’m still waiting for a giga street wheel to come out. If you notice with these single column battery packs, the sides are quite small front to back (some people even have trouble positioning pads properly). There’s enough room to double up the columns, which would provide double the capacity (5,400Wh), 27kW continuous (with 50S cells), and have tons of room for pads. Pair it with a 17” rim and fork suspension, and you have the street wheel of my dreams

and the weight of such a beast would require a fork lift to get it in and out of cars and buildings 😂 , but i am seeking the same, just in my case i dont need suspesion but range, lots of range and headroom (=safety margin) 😁

• Like 1

22 hours ago, RagingGrandpa said:

Has anyone confirmed the full-battery beep speed, with a lift test, in both normal- and high-speed mode?

7 hours ago, techyiam said:

Oh, nice, beeps at 51mph for normal mode, 58mph in highspeed mode.

Edited by RagingGrandpa

On 12/20/2023 at 8:59 AM, Robse said:

and the weight of such a beast would require a fork lift to get it in and out of cars and buildings 😂 , but i am seeking the same, just in my case i dont need suspesion but range, lots of range and headroom (=safety margin) 😁

As someone who mostly ignores Begode products, I just realized the Master Pro is very similar to what I described. The 17” rim, the same battery configuration (just slightly lower voltage). No fork suspension though. It only weighs 118 lbs by the way, which isn’t that much and doesn’t both me.

Edited by InfiniteWheelie

8 hours ago, techyiam said:

Yup, we should see more Begode vs Veteran showdowns. :) 

I hope people who engage in such activities have good health insurance.

I do, but mostly interested in overhead safety margin for trail/mountain riding. The SS grunts a lot. 

I'm starting to warm up on the Lynx. Not because of the voltage or speed, but because Inmotion doesn't seem to be doing the 18" version of V14 or V13. At least not for next summer. I've just wanted a V11 with more range! And maybe a better suspension. But that's all I needed. If I go for the Lynx I feel like I'm paying a lot of money for specs I will never need. And not only money, those specs also cost a lot of extra weight. 

Not against others wanting to ride 100 km/h. But for me the idea of a unicycle is to be a replacement of an e-bike or a moped. I'm riding on bike lanes, not among cars. If I want to ride at motorcycle speeds among cars, I'd choose another type of vehicle and it also requires different set of gear. 

Other than being bloated on voltage and top speed (and price), the Lynx seems to do many things right. Nice and easy to maintain suspension, good size battery (not too big and heavy), perfect size tire, street tire option with tubeless, good quality etc. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

Other than being bloated on voltage and top speed (and price), the Lynx seems to do many things right. Nice and easy to maintain suspension, good size battery (not too big and heavy), perfect size tire, street tire option with tubeless, good quality etc. 

And it is no heavier than the Patton but with a 20" wheel, more battery, and a more premium build. If you want a quality in a 20" - 2700 Wh package, the Lynx would be hard to beat for the coming season. Out of the box, you can enjoy your new wheel without having to do modding. You get more, but you pay more.

Of course for those who are after pure top speed, the GT Pro will cover that.

Regarding Inmotion, now that Bob Yan has confirmed that his road map while he was at Inmoiton has been discarded, I think you are right that it could be some time before we will see a 20" wheel from Inmotion. I am disappointed with that. 

I think I am going to look at the Commander Pro with the 50S cells again when it comes out. It looks to have good spec's, but priced lower. Sure, not as premium as the Lynx, but it could be good enough.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

If I go for the Lynx I feel like I'm paying a lot of money for specs I will never need.

that is exactly why i'm not really considering the lynx for myself. As a product it really does look really good and complete. But most of my riding is done in the woods or around people not along side cars. Paying a top price for it while utilizing half of what it can give just does not sound reasonable.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, techyiam said:

And it is no heavier than the Patton but with a 20" wheel, more battery, and a more premium build.

You are correct that compared to Patton the weight is not bad. But compared to S22 It's a lot heavier. It has only about 1,2 kg more in battery cells. The rest goes for something else. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, techyiam said:

I was more expecting a technical reply. :)

But yeah, like what others have said, the Lynx raises the bar. It's a nice feeling when riding it.

I’m not really all that technical. I’m looking for more torque, enough range, some safety margin for my fat ass. If I could ride around 4k feet if climbing at about 30 miles of fun with confidence f the power of what I’m riding, then the 4.2 k price will be worth it. If that doesn’t pan out, then I’ll have less money to not have when I’m dead.