Leaperkim Lynx 2700wh: 151V, 20" tire, suspension, 89lb

RagingGrandpa

2 hours ago, novazeus said:

i won't be buying a lynx until i see somebody change out a tire to some tubeless branded tire, like michelin, pirelli, etc.

I've been running a Michelin Pilot Street 2 on my Sherman-S and it hasn't been an issue. The rim (Sherman-S) looks very similar to the Lynx so unless its hugely different, I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Edited by Clem604
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Clem604 said:

I've been running a Michelin Pilot Street 2 on my Sherman-S and it hasn't been an issue. The rim (Sherman-S) looks very similar to the Lynx so unless its hugely different, I don't see why it wouldn't work.

are u running it tubeless?

3 hours ago, Freeforester said:

Jono Purcell in Australia has been riding the same Michelin on his ‘S’ too, see his videos where he talks in some detail,about his (positive) findings..

yeah, i agree with jon.

12 hours ago, novazeus said:

are u running it tubeless?

I had a Heidenau K66 on the SS which i operated tubeless, seal was already there even before applying air into....

Every tubeless tire will work. They are all the same standard for some reason....

Seems to me that ewheels tested which chinatire will fit/work tubeless for theyr batch 

But for sure no Single china tire is aproved for tubeless operation in reality...

And there is no Single knobbytire aproved for tubeless operation unfortanatly (not even a shinko)

So believe me all your prefered tires will work perfectly fine if even an chinastreettire was found by them to work out 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 12/8/2023 at 8:23 AM, novazeus said:

it would seem from the difficulty of finding a tubeless tire to fit the lynx rim, this longxin 841, being the best fit and i can't find any information on this tire anywhere, not even a photo of the pressures and loading markings on the sidewall. 

from the scant info and pictures of this longxin tire, i don't think i want it, and not knowing why their rim has difficulty with other tubeless tires, i won't be buying a lynx until i see somebody change out a tire to some tubeless branded tire, like michelin, pirelli, etc. 

is the longxin 841 tire used on any other euc?

I've seen others answer your question before by referring to the thread on the new Inmotion V11Y, as the Longxin 841 was mentioned there. Have you checked out that thread yet?

The tire is also now for sale on eWheels. If you have an EUC on which you like the pilot street, it might be the best option to buy the tire and test it on your EUC, so you know for sure that you like the way the Longxin compares to the pilot street. It'll give you a quicker answer than waiting for someone else to coincidentally Mount your favorite tire on an (as of yet) unshipped wheel.

Tire choice is hard, and sometimes you gotta bite a bullet and test stuff out for yourself. Only you know the best tire for your riding preferences ✌️

34 minutes ago, Duster said:

I've seen others answer your question before by referring to the thread on the new Inmotion V11Y, as the Longxin 841 was mentioned there. Have you checked out that thread yet?

The tire is also now for sale on eWheels. If you have an EUC on which you like the pilot street, it might be the best option to buy the tire and test it on your EUC, so you know for sure that you like the way the Longxin compares to the pilot street. It'll give you a quicker answer than waiting for someone else to coincidentally Mount your favorite tire on an (as of yet) unshipped wheel.

Tire choice is hard, and sometimes you gotta bite a bullet and test stuff out for yourself. Only you know the best tire for your riding preferences ✌️

do u know the sidewall ratings of the v11y tire?

ya, i know what the best tire is for euc's. i have one on my first v13 and now my s22, and about to change them all.

and that longxin tire looks like crap to me, and i'm not buying ex-gotway employees wheels anyway. that's for the humans with better or free healthcare. $4200 wheel with a one dollar chinese tire.

D11452D0-C1AE-46A0-9422-113DF44B99EC.thumb.jpeg.8de17410b83da4a0234b973e33085437.jpeg

longxin tire i guess, everybody seems very shy about stating it's specs, but that's typical of the mindset, no attention to detail, why i won't ride gotway/begode/leaperkim, so it doesn't matter. but for those who aren't noobs, leaperkim is just gotway employees rebranded, again. so for me there's only two wheel companies, inmotion and king song. 

not symetrical, almost semi knobby. probably a tiny bit better than the pos jiluer tire. everybody testing the lynx hates whatever tire is on the one they are testing. u would think they would get a clue, but as long as humans buy them, they won't change.

67F83975-CC28-44AB-9F1B-217AECB56DA3.jpeg.aaa8846ea488b9b8e0e0f06f968f755b.jpeg

Edited by novazeus

i found this and i shot a video of my s18 with jiluer tire on it, just waiting for the upload. and it's waaay better now than as delivered. and i have a michelin to put on it, but my understanding and videos, it looks like a real pita! and what really sucks, is in kuji's s18 promo video, he had a decent tire on his. i got what i think was a jason overrun with molicels from studio amg for $1699. a real steal, but not if u hate the wheel because the tire sucks. most of y'all run on deflated tires anyway, like marty, so tires don't matter much, according to marty, the non tire nerd.

and btw, i had neltrek evolution put on a michelin pilot street 2 before he sent me the first one, since he had to open it up and change the motor bolts(first batch issues)but if they had put the michelin on as stock, everybody would have hated it. and gotten bruised up just like i did. only took about 1500 miles running it at 47psi before it got good. i seriously doubt most forum members could ride my v13 with this hard street tire, based upon years of hearing people on here complain about hard tires, beginning with the 9bz10, first euc with a decent actually rated for the load tire. 

ya, great tire. should have seen it before i reseated it and ground on it. and idk why, but the tread pattern made it pull left so hard, i could literally ride one my right foot to get it to go straight. not my first wheel.

don't tie leaperkim's tire choice to the reason i cancelled my order with jason, it was more ecodrift's teardown video and jack's video, and finally realizing that leaperkim is gotway/begode employees that just started a new company. i've never own or seen a gotway/begode/leaperkim vehicle in person. i might change my mind if someone wants to stop by and show me theirs. hopefully, everyone will love the lynx and it's longxin tire. after a long trial period, and the novelty wears off, maybe i'll buy twenty for my school.

i'm much more interested in getting humans safely using wheels on my safe multiuse paths i'm building here next to the biggest super regional shopping center in the state and growing. u could live here and never own a car. like nyc without the crime.

btw, there's an old saying, "he who has the gold rules". let's see how this shakes out. i predict tougher economic times ahead.

Edited by novazeus

u know, i think the lynx would be perfect for a go kart type of track and racing. like nascar where the cars are equal, all racers would be racing with identical wheels, only variation would be tire pressure. or supercross rstyle racing but all the same lynx's. kid's do it with dirtbikes. and lynx's are relatively lightweight. i love my v13's but i wouldn't want one crashing into me in a pile up. that "chainsaw" effect on tilts scares me a bit. 

On 12/10/2023 at 12:02 PM, novazeus said:

but if they had put the michelin on as stock, everybody would have hated it. and gotten bruised up just like i did. only took about 1500 miles running it at 47psi before it got good.

Is it that it "got good?" Or that you adapted to it completely? Because 1,500 miles is a LOT, for something to finally become acceptable. After that amount of time, you were probably extremely adapted to that tire.

i seriously doubt most forum members could ride my v13 with this hard street tire, 

"Could" ride it? As in "i seriously doubt most forum members would be able to ride my v13?

Did you mean to say you doubt most forum members "would prefer to" ride it?

There's a big difference... The second one is more accurate, (and definitely friendlier.)

My two cents.:D

In your S18 video, it looks like your tire isn't running true. Maybe not enough to impact the ride... but definitely a slight wobble.

• Upvote 1

Chooch always pushes the limit, and he always says the new one is the best, lol. The Lynx is special though. Leaperkim even added those lame turn signals to make it more potentially register-able. Time for me to start saving up for this one. Even though it will likely take me 2 years of saving, I'm curious to see if anything can beat it, though I doubt it. I especially like how veteran took the for-thought to keep the wheel from cutting out over the loss of Hall sensor. I want it!

Edited by iwantmymtv
typo
  • Like 1

True, but I would say 'proven' rather than 'old'. That's a major reason I chose a modern Z10 release, because I was convinced that the newer release was likely a 'proven' ride, even though the first release had many issues.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Cobaltsaber said:

Whats you guy's thoughts on this?

I'm curious to know how accurate the readings are. They are quoting 4 significant figures but how accurate can the motherboard actually measure and then how well calibrated is it? So its either an issue or its not. Until I see a ± figure stating the accuracy eg ± 0.005 then for me its hard to know.

• Upvote 3