Hologram bracelets to improve balance.

woke rider

I found an EFX Performance Bracelet at the thrift store today for $10 and I bought it! I have always laughed at these things but it was brand new, unopened and so cheap, so I took a chance. Call it placebo but I feel a lot lighter now while riding my EUC! And it's a lot funner too. Anybody else ever tried riding with a hologram bracelet?

6 hours ago, Cerbera said:

I am curious to know how we think that placebo works -

Placebo counts for 30% of the efficacy of medication and therapy. That's the same % as many pharmaceuticals. That's why a doctor's bedside manner matters so much, to give their patients hope that a given course of treatment will work. Human beings have been using placebo with actual therapies for a very long time with the Shamans and Catholics. Combining spirituality/placebo with a sport-training or a therapy can be a powerful thing. Scientology has used placebo to great effect.

On 10/6/2023 at 2:19 PM, earthtwin said:

Placebo counts for 30% of the efficacy of medication and therapy.

It depends a lot, the 30% number is certainly not true for cancer treatment or antibiotics or the majority of surgical procedures that research has found to be effective.

• Like 1

The body heals itself. The most healthcare practitioners can hope to be catalysts of healing. Antibiotics are not the silver bullet that they used to be due to resistance. Hospitals are a dangerous places to be because of all the pathogens. https://www.cdc.gov/hai/patientsafety/ar-hospitals.html "One of the biggest risks for getting an antibiotic-resistant infection is staying in a healthcare facility, such as a hospital." Everybody has cancer cells in their body all the time. There is always hope.

Just because an individual recovers after Cancer treatment doesn't mean that it was the treatment that cured them, because it's a logical fallacy to believe that just because one thing happened after the next that the preceding event caused the following. They might have gotten well on their own without the treatment. A lot of people become antibiotic dependent because they keep getting the infection over and over because their immune system never conquered it on it's own.

Edited by earthtwin
one more thing

On 10/5/2023 at 6:11 PM, earthtwin said:

I feel a lot lighter now while riding my EUC! And it's a lot funner too.

There are many ways one can feel lighter such as lack of sleep, a couple of drinks, smoke some weeds, takes a good shit dump... $10 for a bracelet may be a little too much for this purpose. But it works for you, who is to say. But what is the point of feeling lighter, what does it mean? You mean you feel like you lost some weight wearing the bracelet. Or you mean you feel like going faster on your EUC? Or you mean light headed? You mean you feel like EUC is moving off the ground? Try to put a 50-lb heavy backpack on and see if you still feel lighter. If you do, I think I want to buy one too!

My body feels lighter, like it doesn't take effort to reach out and grab things when they are falling. Consider this quote,

"For many years, the placebo effect was considered to be no more than a nuisance variable that needed to be controlled in clinical trials. Only recently have researchers redefined it as the key to understanding the healing that arises from medical ritual, the context of treatment, the patient-provider relationship and the power of imagination, trust and hope."

from this site (they are not selling power bracelets) http://programinplacebostudies.org/ it's a group of Harvard associates.

Edited by earthtwin
one more thing

On 10/8/2023 at 1:58 PM, earthtwin said:

Just because an individual recovers after Cancer treatment doesn't mean that it was the treatment that cured them, because it's a logical fallacy to believe that just because one thing happened after the next that the preceding event caused the following.

Sure, timing is only a necessary and not a sufficient condition for causality and that's certainly not how we know that cancer treatments do not work to 30% via the placebo effect.

On 10/8/2023 at 1:58 PM, earthtwin said:

They might have gotten well on their own without the treatment.

You would not be a person I would recommend anyone to take medical advice from B)

• Like 1

Don't be mean, Mono. My power bracelet helps a lot. I am way more coordinated now without even trying. It's really notable. I pray you never get Cancer, but if you do make sure you get a doctor who will capitalize on the placebo effect to provide you with your best chances of recovery.

• Confused 1

I prefer "reverse" superstitions. No joke.

Like wearing a hat with a small open ladder figure on it. Not literally but figuratively.

Or living on the 13th floor or wearing clothes with 13 printed on them.

It seriously protects me just like a placebo because you know that you need to stay alert. No one is looking out for me so I have to look out for myself. That sort of thing.

Guardian angel mentality is likely more harmful than it is good. It can reduce alertness.

IMO

• Like 1

On 10/10/2023 at 2:40 AM, earthtwin said:

Don't be mean, Mono.

How so? You obviously do not have the medical training that would qualify you to judge the treatment options for cancer.

Now, which one is worse, giving an unqualified and bad judgment for the treatment of a deadly disease or pointing out that the judgement is bad? Bad judgements lead to bad decisions that have in this case the very real potential to kill people.

I think I was pretty nice, so far, given how dangerously misguided and misguiding some of your medical-related claims were.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 10/5/2023 at 6:11 PM, earthtwin said:

I found an EFX Performance Bracelet at the thrift store today for $10 and I bought it! I have always laughed at these things but it was brand new, unopened and so cheap, so I took a chance. Call it placebo but I feel a lot lighter now while riding my EUC! And it's a lot funner too. Anybody else ever tried riding with a hologram bracelet?

I went to the EFX Wristbands website, and saw a video telling you how to test their claims for increased in strength, balance and flexibility.

In the video there are three tests, one to test each of these claims.

Have you ran these test on yourself and others? These tests are very easy to do, and you already have the wristband.