What's the T4 Battery Configuration?

I've read that the T4 uses 24 cells in series & 4 parallels (24s4p). But what is the configuration for each of the 4 separate battery packs?

I want to build my own battery packs. Or hire an electronics prof to build them for me. In addition to the configuration for each pack, what are some other important things I should know? Like are there any custom circuit boards in the battery packs that I should pre-order? Part numbers for the connectors? Etc...

The reason that I'm looking into doing this is because I'm flying to Vietnam to live for at least half a year. I want an EUC while I'm there. I see three options for making this happen:

1. Pay an insanely high shipping and customs cost and ship direct from Shenzhen
  2. Fly to Shenzhen, buy one personally as a possibly fun adventure. But then take a long, grueling train ride back to Vietnam
  3. Bring my T4 from the US in a suitcase without batteries and build new packs once I'm there

Reasoning for building battery packs once I'm there:

• There are no EUC manufacturers or retail outlets in Vietnam. Thailand and Shenzhen are the closest options.
  • It's illegal to ship used electronics into Vietnam
  • Obviously we can't take it on the plane (with batteries)
  • For new equipment, taxes and customs fees are ridiculous coming into Vietnam (imagine your EUC being held hostage for a ransom)
  • It's easy to buy cells and it's very inexpensive to hire a local electronics pro to build things like battery packs

9 hours ago, goodsignal said:

Bring my T4 from the US in a suitcase without batteries and build new packs once I'm there

Last I've heard (might be outdated), airlines won't even take battery-less battery-powered vehicles. Too much discussion and time cost to be had with this topic. They just flat out refuse. Not even for powered wheelchairs.

What I'm saying: check with the airline directly if they will take a battery-less EUC. Unless you get a confirmation in writing, don't expect to fly with a EUC on a plane.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

I wonder if riding an EUC in Vietnam would get you into trouble as well, since it’s practically impossible to legally get one in there anyway.

Nah, the roads are pretty lawless. Electric vehicles are common. You don't need a license if driving a small motorbike (50cc) or electric bike. 8 year olds are cruising down the streets. I commonly witness one handed texting on a motorbike while blowing through a red light. It all seems a bit crazy but drivers are surprisingly aware and considerate of pedestrians and cyclists on the streets.

If I get stopped by a traffic cop, it's going to be for a photo opportunity :D

8 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

check with the airline directly if they will take a battery-less EUC

Thanks for the heads-up. I will definitely look into that

9 hours ago, scotchtape said:

youtube? There should be enough info on there to answer a lot of your questions.

youtube is great for many things but unreliable for finding specific factual information efficiently. Even if "begode t4 battery" did provide a handful of results (which it doesn't), that would likely mean spending an hour watching videos, hoping for 3 seconds of useful audio at an unknown time.

20 hours ago, goodsignal said:

24 cells in series & 4 parallels (24s4p).

I found a couple of photos.

20230705-133601.png.07147fa3f7b4a457dd258dbe460524e4.png

20230705-140403.thumb.png.d4ef120511e9dd44d390bf0fbdd21201.png

If I try to count/guess the number of cells, it looks like 24 cells per box.

Since the T4 uses 24 cells in series & 4 parallels. I would assume that each battery box is 24 cells in series and 4 boxes are plugged in as parallel.

But that label suggests something else. Not knowing how to read Chinese, I think it says that it's a 50.4V pack. Would that suggest that this pack is 12 cells in series and 2 parallels?

Please, someone check my logic on this. Or show me something definitive for these battery packs.

For anyone looking for info on this battery, transcribing from the label:

• 44.4V
  • 50.4V
  • BP03-001
  • INR-21700-50E2T
  • 450Wh

4 hours ago, goodsignal said:

Not knowing how to read Chinese

Screenshot_20230705-140533.thumb.png.3337209058312f9d3206c533e6cde6c2.png

Google Lens knows ;)

This is an 12s2p config - packs of 2 cells in parallel put 12 times in series.

All "tied" together with a begode BMS.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Chriull said:

Google Lens knows

This is great! I thought the fonts were going to be way to small for OCR and Lens.

BEGODED
Definition: When a rider switches from a competing EUC brand to Begode or simply acquires a Begode wheel, we consider them to have been begoded.

12s2p (50.4V)

Thanks for that confirmation @meepmeepmayer and @Chriull

Edited by goodsignal
addition of humor

Vietnam is not far away from EUC mecca which is south China. I'd just look for one locally.

You've already paid all the expenses and effort to ship the wheel and get it into the country and now you want to take it back to where it was made.

Check the vietnam 2nd hand pages. For only 6 months you could ride another wheel, no?

1 hour ago, alcatraz said:

Vietnam is not far away from EUC mecca which is south China.

That's why I'm considering going there to get one.

On 7/4/2023 at 5:29 PM, goodsignal said:

Fly to Shenzhen, buy one personally as a possibly fun adventure. But then take a long, grueling train ride back to Vietnam

But think about what 32 hours on trains from Shenzhen to Hanoi feels like. Now imagine it without the option of sleeper cars.

1 hour ago, alcatraz said:

Check the vietnam 2nd hand pages. For only 6 months you could ride another wheel, no?

Maybe it's hard for you to believe, but as I mentioned in OP, there are zero distributors or manufacturers here. China may share a border, but there are intense commercial barriers. Hanoi has a population of 5 million. If I manage to get an EUC, I will have the one and only EUC in Northern Vietnam. Possibly the only one in the entire country of 100 million. Maybe things will change in the future, but at this time are no used or new options available beyond what I can manage to personally import.