Veteran Patton 16" 126v 2220wh

Mango

7 hours ago, stizl said:

I haven’t seen any reviews with one on a Patton yet. 

There haven't been any yet.  The first Pattons with street wheels just cleared customs and are shipping out now. My 66lb street tire is currently scheduled for delivery on Tuesday 6/27.  Oh, and I ordered on March 18th.

Edited by Rollin-on-1
  • Like 3

47 minutes ago, jimjam.nyc said:

I was on edge sticking with the 58lb spring, but ewheels sort of gently pushed me to keep it considering how i was using the wheel, and they were 100% right in my case.

I was also swayed to move from the 58lb to 62lb because of youtuber feedback. I'm 150lb and the 58 was my initial choice based on ewheels/LK recommendations. Multiple videos gave me the fear of easily bottoming out, so I went with the bigger spring. One youtube rider was sub 100lbs, so I was convinced bigger was better for me. I also rationalized that 4lbs difference was likely not noticeable. While I'm happy with the 62lb (set at no preload and lowest compression) I do wonder what the 58lb would feel like for my use case. I hope that some day I'll meet someone local with the 58 and I can try it out.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

A lot of people don't do 1 foot drops. I have done those only a small handful of times during my 6 years of riding.

For me, I've never done drops, but I don't do drops, because going off virtually any drop w/out suspension is brutal on my knees/back/wheel. I'm kind of hoping with suspension, I'll be a bit more adventurous with curbs/stairs/drops than I have been with any of my previous wheels. Guess wheel see :P

I'm 6'4" and about 190lb/86kg riding weight and went with the 66lb after seeing youtubers recommend it as well. (Originally placed for 62lb and bumped it up, like 15 minutes after ordering haha, had a lot of mental back and forth then decided 66lb would give me room to "grow")

Edited by Austin
  • Like 1

The point of getting suspension for me is to do drops and stairs.  When i see stairs on my rides, I tend to go back and ride down it.  It's so much fun.

Once i get it I'll report back on how it rides with 66lb and with my riding weight at around 140lbs.   Let's hope with the preload and compression backed completely out isn't too stiff.

But yea with 2cell1pack reporting that they are bottoming out the 62lb with rider at 100lb, that's not good.  Also Lando recommends anyone over 140lbs to get the 66lb suspension as well.   Riders over 70kg are bottoming out on every ride...that can't be good for the suspension.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, jimjam.nyc said:

Sure if you are riding around looking for stairs

I consider myself a conservative rider. I ride mostly urban and about 30% dirt. I see stairs and curbs as just part of getting around. For example, I wish I could ride up stairs :)I would have thought that riding down stairs is part of normal commuting for most folk? 

• Like 1

Mine's coming Saturday. 62lb spring for my 165lbs. I only ever ride street, and at most have dropped off a few curbs. Coming from V11. I love the feel of suspension over poor pavement at speed. V11 is solid enough but it's been a long time since I found it exciting. I love hard acceleration i.e. torque! Maybe I will give off-roading a try (got the knobby), but I've hated every single departure from pavement on V11 and V10F before it. V11 is a torque-lite sweet old man street cruiser who can doze off mid-sentence.

I was edging hard on Sherman S but it's just too much wheel. This mini version pushed me over the edge. I also love the looks and apparent build quality with some water resistance. I have long thought that suspension makes most sense with small wheels for street use, where a large surprise pothole at speed without suspension is a crash. A small-diameter motor running at high RPMs, with a tire mounted directly, no spokes, appeals to me as an elegant power:weight efficient design. 

Wish the headlamp had a street-civilized beam pattern. Undecided whether I'll keep the V11, but if yes, a reason will be night/winter riding where not blinding other road users is essential.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Todd Fahrner said:

Undecided whether I'll keep the V11, but if yes, a reason will be night/winter riding where not blinding other road users is essential.

I use a powerful hand held light. It's awesome - I can point it where I want. I use a low mode when I'm crossing roads etc, enough to shine into any on coming traffic. I usually have my dog with me so have to cross at his pace. I point it down when passing pedestrians going the other way. It really comes into it's own where there is no street lighting etc. I often swap hands so that I can shine the light around corners on tight single track. It is much better than any fixed light and one of the advantages of riding euc. My particular light is a sofirn C8L - less than Au$50 (US $34)

Edited by Uras
  • Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Todd Fahrner said:

Wish the headlamp had a street-civilized beam pattern. Undecided whether I'll keep the V11, but if yes, a reason will be night/winter riding where not blinding other road users is essential.

The Patton does feel light on its feet while riding, but it is still 90 lbs. 

Regarding blinding others, some owners have put a hood on the headlight to block the top portion of the beam from projecting down the road.

I'm ordering a fast charger for the Patton before its even arrived, what plugs do I need on the cable to connect to the Patton? Is it two  GX16-4?

Here's a example photo from Ali express if one of you don't know the name but could take a look for me, pretty please. 

Hfd92eac359af469ca6076f9ab063a1475.jpg

13 minutes ago, Poker said:

I'm ordering a fast charger for the Patton before its even arrived, what plugs do I need on the cable to connect to the Patton? Is it two  GX16-4?

Here's a example photo from Ali express if one of you don't know the name but could take a look for me, pretty please. 

126v, GX16-6.

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Poker said:

which charger?  link?