Veteran Patton 16" 126v 2220wh

Mango

24 minutes ago, jimjam.nyc said:

To be honest the whole you need to go 50mph to be safe in nyc streets is kind of bs. Traffic here doesn't move that fast.

I see so many v12s and Nicolas around here so I think patton will be even better.

I feel like suspension is the game changer for cities as the streets are garbage. 

Good to know. Then, the Patton could be great for fast NYC commuting. The 90 lbs helps to steady the wheel when going over crazy bad bumps or potholes. And its suspension is great for absorbing impacts. Yet, it is agile and torquey. 

Having said that, you may be able to tell us all about it as soon as today. :)

Edited by techyiam

7 minutes ago, buffs said:

The 62lb suspension felt a bit stiff for the first couple of miles (less cushy than my T4) but after lowering the compression, it felt really good.

What is your riding weight?  Do you feel the 62lb adequate or would the 66lb shock be better if more widely available?

Edited by Paradox

37 minutes ago, buffs said:

I installed the Sherman S pads that eWheels provided for free - thanks Jason! The large front pad is a bit too tall and can't be placed low enough because it runs into the top of the jump clips. It still works fine, even though part of the pad extends above the top of the battery compartment. I'm going to use these for a while before I look at something else.

Great first impressions review.  Thanks for sharing.  The ship with my Patton arrived in port today, so I hope to be riding mine in another week or so.  With the Sherman-S pads, I'm going to try the "front" pad as a brake pad and use the smaller pad as the front pad.  I think setting them up that way could work well.  Hopefully using the big pad on the back will provide a heel block that will reduce the chances of reversing the wheel rotation on jumps.  

Glad you are enjoying it so far!!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, jimjam.nyc said:

I honestly am not sure yet. I usually ride without pads for a few days, then figure it out. I thought about using them backwards. Smaller pad in front bigger pad for brake.. but will have to see.

May wind up just getting different pads or using none at all. Which is the setup I use for my v12. I just ditched the pads except for a foot lock.

This is my personal gripe as I too only ride my wheels stock out of the box. If LK does an adjustable rear pad like they did with the toe hook, I'd be willing to try that iteration but for now it's a pass for me as I despise Velcro and having to line up multiple pads

• Confused 2

10 minutes ago, slippyfeet said:

This is my personal gripe as I too only ride my wheels stock out of the box. If LK does an adjustable rear pad like they did with the toe hook, I'd be willing to try that iteration but for now it's a pass for me as I despise Velcro and having to line up multiple pads

I'm sure CP, Nylonove, and Grizzla are already prototyping a replacement kickstand with adjustable heel block.  It should be interesting to see what accessories come out.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jimjam.nyc said:

Well.. I recieved my Patton today and its pouring out right now :-)

Quick Thoughts just taking it out of the box and checking it out. Its bigger than i expected, and smaller than i expected at the same time. Not sure if that makes sense, but its hard to explain. Its quite dense coming from a v12, but feels seriously solid. 

I am 128lbs right now and I have the 58lb spring. I resisted the pressure to up the spring rate from all the reviews and impressions. I wont be riding trails or doing too many huge drops and steps and stuff like that. Just standing on the wheel out of the box. The Suspension does not Sag much with my 128lbs on it. I can compress it by trying, but seems like it will be pretty good for my NYC street riding. I am almost positive I can bottom it out on the streets over here, but feel like I may be happy with my choice of spring for my riding style. 

No comment about the charge port placement with the front bar. It straight up sucks to plug this in. Leaper Kim really should have raised that bar a bit. Seems like a real no brainer.  

I do feel like with my short height the edge of the EUC will bother my legs in the beginning. I am already feeling that, but to be fair that has happened with almost all of my wheels when I upgraded. 

You can grab the seat and side leg pads that will help with this. I have the Sherman S version of the pads on my wheel and they make it much more comfortable to ride and it's on sale!

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mKqYI96

Edited by Clem604
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, jimjam.nyc said:

The Suspension does not Sag much with my 128lbs on it. I can compress it by trying, but seems like it will be pretty good for my NYC street riding. I am almost positive I can bottom it out on the streets over here, but feel like I may be happy with my choice of spring for my riding style. 

That is good to hear that your chosen spring rate may work out.

Should you bottom out under normal usage, you can trade off some cushiness to help out with the bottoming by playing with the preload and compression damping.

@jimjam.nyc Whats the Patton like starting up the first time? Do you need to plug in the charger to get it out of transport mode or something? 

When I get mine I'm picking it up quite far away and I was hoping I could just unpack it on the street and roll home

1 hour ago, Poker said:

@jimjam.nyc Whats the Patton like starting up the first time? Do you need to plug in the charger to get it out of transport mode or something? 

When I get mine I'm picking it up quite far away and I was hoping I could just unpack it on the street and roll home

You need to plug it in to turn off transport mode I believe. It came almost fully charged, so if you can plug it in for a sec, you should be good to go

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Poker said:

I had to plug the charger into my Sherman when I grabbed it. I’d assume it’s the same for the patton as it’s the same company. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rollin-on-1 said:

@jimjam.nyc can you post a pic of the pads that you got with the Patton?  Were they the Sherman S pads or Patton pads?

@Rollin-on-1 Sorry so late to respond. I was able to get out there since the weather cleared up. Ewheels sent the sherman S pads. If you still need a pic i can post it. Let me know. 

I didnt put them on. Been riding without pads so far which is my usual setup. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jimjam.nyc said:

I didnt put them on. Been riding without pads so far which is my usual setup. 

Cool.  No need to send a pic of the pads themselves...I was curious to see them on the side of the wheel.  Sorry if I overlooked or forgot that you weren't planning on using the pads.  

I look forward to hearing more about your experience with the 58lb springs.  I hope they treat you well!  I'll be living vicariously through you guys for the next week or so!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, jimjam.nyc said:

@Rollin-on-1 Here ya go. I put the velcro on so it was easy enough to attach them real quick so you can see. Sorry the wheel is on the kickstand.. hopefully you can get a feel for how they fit. I believe this is backwards with the brake pad in front.. I am not sure.. But it fits nicely like this.. Just not much room for adjustment. 

The 58lb spring is great for me so far. At 128lbs the springs dont move much when i get on the wheel. I dont ride all crazy like, so I think for normal riders the springs rate for their weight will be good. If you are going to send it or do lots of steps and drops, I think the heaviest spring is probably a good bet. 

There is a decent amount of adjustment with the suspension available. So for the small amount of street riding i did, at 130-135lbs geared up, so far I actually am happy with the 58lb spring. I will need to get some more time on the wheel to know for sure. 

Coming from the v12HS. There is some getting used to how wide and heavy the wheel is when mounting and dismounting.. But while riding it is very fun and easy to control with no issues at all.. 

Edit: Honestly my biggest gripe is that damn charge port so far. LOL Its dumb. The good news is all of those parts are replaceable.. So hopefully there will be some replacements available for the bars and foot locks, etc. I am excited to see what kind of accessories people come up with. I am usually not one to put stuff on my wheel. but the way Leaper Kim made this wheel, it makes me excited to see what people come up with. 

20230614_201344.jpg

Those Sherman-S pads look and fit better on the Patton than I expected. Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, jimjam.nyc said:

@Rollin-on-1 Here ya go. I put the velcro on so it was easy enough to attach them real quick so you can see. Sorry the wheel is on the kickstand.. hopefully you can get a feel for how they fit. I believe this is backwards with the brake pad in front.. I am not sure.. But it fits nicely like this.. Just not much room for adjustment. 

The 58lb spring is great for me so far. At 128lbs the springs dont move much when i get on the wheel. I dont ride all crazy like, so I think for normal riders the springs rate for their weight will be good. If you are going to send it or do lots of steps and drops, I think the heaviest spring is probably a good bet. 

There is a decent amount of adjustment with the suspension available. So for the small amount of street riding i did, at 130-135lbs geared up, so far I actually am happy with the 58lb spring. I will need to get some more time on the wheel to know for sure. 

Coming from the v12HS. There is some getting used to how wide and heavy the wheel is when mounting and dismounting.. But while riding it is very fun and easy to control with no issues at all.. 

Edit: Honestly my biggest gripe is that damn charge port so far. LOL Its dumb. The good news is all of those parts are replaceable.. So hopefully there will be some replacements available for the bars and foot locks, etc. I am excited to see what kind of accessories people come up with. I am usually not one to put stuff on my wheel. but the way Leaper Kim made this wheel, it makes me excited to see what people come up with. 

20230614_201344.jpg

Thanks for sharing the pic!  This is how I expect to place the pads as well.  It looks like it should work well.  I like the idea of having a brake pad that also serves as a heel block.  The color of the stickers look better than I expected too.

Glad to hear that you are happy with it (aside from the charge port access). 

I look forward to hearing more of your thoughts as you rack up more miles and continue to adjust to it.  Can't wait to go through the process myself!

• Like 2