Veteran Patton 16" 126v 2220wh

Mango

1 hour ago, jimjam.nyc said:

Not sure if this interests any of you. But here is a pic side by side with the v12 to try and show size comparison. I wanted to lean them both upgright somewhere.. but i just dont have a spot right now to do that. 

20230614_214306.jpg

Wow, it is even more compact than I thought.  The V12 looks big compared to the Patton.  This is a good thing IMO.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Rollin-on-1 said:

Wow, it is even more compact than I thought.  The V12 looks big compared to the Patton.  This is a good thing IMO.  

Its a bit weird. They are close to the same size. The Patton is more compact front to back, but wider obviously. Height is pretty close. 

The thing that was odd to me was that the Patton is just way more dense. Everything just feels tightly packed in and very solid. It is definitely a good thing. 

I am not hating the knobby tire, but will probably eventually grab a street tire as i still prefer it so far.

Edit: The pedals are good in my opinion. I know people hated the SS pedals. I think these are the improved version. With the toe clamp, the pedals are quite nice. Matter of fact i dont clamp the toe clamp all the way down, I still have a decent amount of wiggle room and I felt the pedals had good grip. I did get caught in a quick rain yesterday while riding and I had no issues with slipping so far. 

Edited by jimjam.nyc
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, jimjam.nyc said:

I am not hating the knobby tire, but will probably eventually grab a street tire as i still prefer it so far.

Edit: The pedals are good in my opinion. I know people hated the SS pedals. I think these are the improved version. With the toe clamp, the pedals are quite nice. Matter of fact i dont clamp the toe clamp all the way down, I still have a decent amount of wiggle room and I felt the pedals had good grip. I did get caught in a quick rain yesterday while riding and I had no issues with slipping so far. 

I agree with you on the tire. I don't hate it, and in fact actually enjoy it. Maybe more off-road is in my future. The knobby does provide more versatility, so I'll probably use it for a few months before making any change.

The pedals are nice and quite grippy. No issues with them at all.

I don't like the charge port location. It's a pain in the butt to make the connection. How did LeaperKim not realize this while they were charging their demo wheels? This is something that should have been addressed early on. Making the front handle 0.5-1 inch higher would have easily fixed this.

I don't like how loud the beeper is when powering on/off and using the menu system. It should be loud for alarms when riding, but it's obnoxiously loud otherwise, with no way to adjust.

What app are you using? EUC World doesn't support the Patton yet - it won't connect or crashes. Darkness BOT will connect, but some of the values don't match the display. The LeaperKim app (latest from Google Play) doesn't seem to work correctly either. Some of the values shown don't match those on the display. Also, the app shows a vehicle model of "UNKNOWN" for my wheel.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, buffs said:

What app are you using? EUC World doesn't support the Patton yet - it won't connect or crashes. Darkness BOT will connect, but some of the values don't match the display. The LeaperKim app (latest from Google Play) doesn't seem to work correctly either. Some of the values shown don't match those on the display. Also, the app shows a vehicle model of "UNKNOWN" for my wheel.

Unfortunately, not using any app yet. My app of choice is EUC world. I did shoot an email to support to see if there is any info or logs I can provide to help get the compatibility going for it. @Seba is really good about getting things working quickly with euc world. So I am sure it will just be a short wait before things start to work. The wheel just released so I am sure it will take some time. 

In the meantime i just use the GPS tracking on EUC world to map the rides while I wait. 

9 minutes ago, buffs said:

I don't like how loud the beeper is when powering on/off and using the menu system. It should be loud for alarms when riding, but it's obnoxiously loud otherwise, with no way to adjust.

I am going to pop a switch on the beeper to hopefully be able to turn it off when not riding. It is super loud. Right now i just unplug the light if its day time and i need to blast through the menus as not to wake up the entire building. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, jimjam.nyc said:

I am going to pop a switch on the beeper to hopefully be able to turn it off when not riding. It is super loud. Right now i just unplug the light if its day time and i need to blast through the menus as not to wake up the entire building.

I am considering putting a momentary switch on the beeper.  Press it to disable the beeper for on/off and while scrolling menus.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Can someone please post pictures of the charge port all possible angles? front, top and bottom, or a walk around video? As well as the plug from the charger. I'm wondering if we can make an angled connector or something like that.

Mine won't arrive until July, so I have some time to kick around.

1 hour ago, carlitos said:

I'm wondering if we can make an angled connector or something like that.

I expect that someone from the community will design a 3d printable piece that can be attached to the charge cable and connector to help angle the connector into the port more easily.  I have some ideas, but until I actually get mine, it is all speculation.

1 hour ago, carlitos said:

Can someone please post pictures of the charge port all possible angles? front, top and bottom, or a walk around video? As well as the plug from the charger. I'm wondering if we can make an angled connector or something like that.

Mine won't arrive until July, so I have some time to kick around.

I will try a bit later. It's hard to even get pics or video because the rubber grommet blocks the ability to get a good photo in there. Even an angled adapter would prob be a waste of time.

The real answer will be a raised top bar. It is maddening leaper Kim worked so hard making this a great wheel and just blew this critique off as it quite literally is so easy to fix lol. It is by no means something to stop anyone from loving this wheel, just kind of a face palm.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, buffs said:

I agree with you on the tire. I don't hate it, and in fact actually enjoy it. Maybe more off-road is in my future. The knobby does provide more versatility, so I'll probably use it for a few months before making any change.

The pedals are nice and quite grippy. No issues with them at all.

I don't like the charge port location. It's a pain in the butt to make the connection. How did LeaperKim not realize this while they were charging their demo wheels? This is something that should have been addressed early on. Making the front handle 0.5-1 inch higher would have easily fixed this.

WAIT, you can't adjust that beep volume? that shit is straight up startling. alarmingly loud. i was actually taken aback. that needs to be a firmware update, pronto.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 6/14/2023 at 10:29 AM, jimjam.nyc said:

Well.. I recieved my Patton today and its pouring out right now :-)

Quick Thoughts just taking it out of the box and checking it out. Its bigger than i expected, and smaller than i expected at the same time. Not sure if that makes sense, but its hard to explain. Its quite dense coming from a v12, but feels seriously solid. 

I am 128lbs right now and I have the 58lb spring. I resisted the pressure to up the spring rate from all the reviews and impressions. I wont be riding trails or doing too many huge drops and steps and stuff like that. Just standing on the wheel out of the box. The Suspension does not Sag much with my 128lbs on it. I can compress it by trying, but seems like it will be pretty good for my NYC street riding. I am almost positive I can bottom it out on the streets over here, but feel like I may be happy with my choice of spring for my riding style. 

No comment about the charge port placement with the front bar. It straight up sucks to plug this in. Leaper Kim really should have raised that bar a bit. Seems like a real no brainer.  

I do feel like with my short height the edge of the EUC will bother my legs in the beginning. I am already feeling that, but to be fair that has happened with almost all of my wheels when I upgraded. I feel confident once i get acclimated it will be totally fine. Plus i am coming from the top heavyish v12, where by habbit i lean the EUC into my leg. I think once I break the habbit since the patton is quite a bit more planted I may not have an issue. 

So far other than those small complaints I dont see anything too wrong out of the box. Hopefully I can at least test ride this thing a little later. 

I'm also getting the 58lb version and I'm the same weight. Have you bottomed out at all yet? For me my biggest jumps are just going to be curbs, going over speed bumps fast, and stairs

9 hours ago, dredwheel said:

patton is the truth. 

the power is there.

now that i've had some time with it, i can say that the ride experience is excellent for me.

the weight and width allow me to feel planted, secure. stable.

haven't taken it off-road, as i'm more of a street rider. 

might fuck around and do exactly that this week. 

Fuck around and find out for us, please 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Al Alcatraz said:

At first I also found it super inconveniently. But now after 2 weeks I got used to it. Now, plugging in the Patton for a quick charge up is pretty much a non issue.

That is great to hear! Thanks for sharing your experience.

It seems like there have now been at least 2 instances where the motor bolts have worked loose on the Patton - Ride-one in Toronto and Hsiang's demo in NYC.  

It is looking like it may be prudent to do an initial tear down and double check everything and put a little blue locktite on the motor bolts.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rollin-on-1 said:

It seems like there have now been at least 2 instances where the motor bolts have worked loose on the Patton - Ride-one in Toronto and Hsiang's demo in NYC.  

It is looking like it may be prudent to do an initial tear down and double check everything and put a little blue locktite on the motor bolts.  

Kind of a bummer, but I usually tear my wheel down at some point. Its going to rain this week so guess I will be taking the patton apart and checking all the necessary stuff.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Rollin-on-1 said:

It's the same on Sherman S also. 😥

1 hour ago, Austin said:

I just got my fedex tracking number! It says it'll arrive this friday, pretty pumped! (Patton 66lb street tire, order placed in May)

image.gif.9bcd64970f39961e6924171ce5f80607.gif

when did you get invoiced to pay your balance?

1 hour ago, Austin said:

I just got my fedex tracking number! It says it'll arrive this friday, pretty pumped! (Patton 66lb street tire, order placed in May)

Same here, 66lb knobby coming mid next week, assuming that eWheels gets these out over the next few days. I ordered the first week of May. I can’t wait!

I’m curious to hear feedback on the street tire. I haven’t seen any reviews with one on a Patton yet. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Mrd777 said:

when did you get invoiced to pay your balance?

Mine came yesterday evening. If it helps, there was this statement included:

Within this shipment is a combination of all three suspension types 58lb/62lb/66lb & mix of the street/knobby tires. Because there's still a limited supply of these machines, allocations have been made based on original preference—if you'd like to change this to a heavier suspension, or different tire type, it's not a problem, but would probably involve sending from the next container, which is just a week out. 

Edited by stizl
  • Like 2