Personal Preferences for Protective Gear

4 hours ago, Josiah said:

Got the TSG Pass Pro today in small.  It fits firmly and comfortably.  Thanks for the suggestions guys!

64EE5B32-3F10-446D-87AA-0CDB2E8900F6.thumb.jpeg.3f97450d7420810de276e41f0159309f.jpeg

I recently purchased "fangs" for my Pass Pro on Etsy from AnimalPKg2W. The seller, John, is very pleasant and courteous. Previously, I was using a short snippet of automotive door edge guard but the spacing wasn't right.

The fangs are inexpensive and work well at venting the face shield just enough to reduce fogging without letting in too much cold air. In my experience, fogging can be an issue until you take active measures to mitigate it. The fangs look cool, too!

Check out this topic about the issue:

il_1588xN.3963931783_rlou.jpg

Edited by litewave
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I like the fangs, but don't get why they are necessary. Does your TSG not just stay up on its own in that position ? Mine does !

But I suppose it is nice that you can slam it down, and it doesn't go all the way...

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 1

My safety setup

Head: BELL Pro Star Carbon FIM ECE Matt Black

https://www.championhelmets.com/us/bell-pro-star-carbon-fim-ece-matt-black.html

Chest: Leatt 6.5 Pro Chest Protector

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09TWQNWDN

Wrist: Mobius x8 Wrist Braces

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07F3CZ4HC?psc=1

Knees: Mobius X8 Knee Braces

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B084BKCKDY?psc=1

Hands: Skelly gloves for the fashion

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0978ZQ2P7?psc=1

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

He almost went under.  Good carving kept him just out from under the tires.  Still he looked a little hurt.  Without the pads could have slid less and gone under. The driver raises his hands like what… what…. What’s the bid deal.

Had the volume off last night but now I hear it.  At least he was saying I’m sorry.  

Edited by Josiah

18 hours ago, Josiah said:

Got the TSG Pass Pro today in small.  It fits firmly and comfortably.  Thanks for the suggestions guys!

64EE5B32-3F10-446D-87AA-0CDB2E8900F6.thumb.jpeg.3f97450d7420810de276e41f0159309f.jpeg

Looks good!! It's all coming together. All you need is the V13! I can't wait either. :cheers:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Paul A said:

Sorry to Monday quarterback here, but I think this has merit to the type of clothing we wear while riding. I commute in the city and have run into this situation alot.. Most of the drivers turning or merging right (depending which country it may be on the left) does not anticipate an e-wheel going at the same speed as them and think that they would have time to turn right before the rider catches up. That's when the driver turns and the rider doesn't anticipate. And this can happen so fast that it would be too late to maneuver. 

For this reason I now wear highly visible clothing with lighting and reflectors. Getting the driver's attention is key. I wish I have a pic of myself to show you. I'll try and get one for you guys. 

What I noticed in this video is that the rider was in the right but was wearing dark clothing and probably blended in with the environment and wasn't visible when the driver turned.  

I also have a lightsaber I  out with a holster on the hip for directional visibility or just to get the driver's attention. I cut the saber so it's not too long..  https://a.co/d/0UWQO8d

Edited by Impoy47
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Impoy47 said:

Most of the drivers turning or merging right (depending which country it may be on the left) does not anticipate an e-wheel going at the same speed as them and think that they would have time to turn right before the rider catches up. That's when the driver turns and the rider doesn't anticipate. And this can happen so fast that it would be too late to maneuver.

Good point about the dark clothing not helping things.  How about avoiding hanging out in someone’s Blindspot as well.

The light saber sounds really cool but the link you have up there seems to be broken.  

Edited by Josiah

58 minutes ago, Josiah said:

Good point about the dark clothing not helping things.  How about avoiding hanging out in someone’s Blindspot as well.

The light saber sounds really cool but the link you have up there seems to be broken.  

Thanks. Re-edit... 

16 hours ago, Cerbera said:

like the fangs, but don't get why they are necessary. Does your TSG not just stay up on its own in that position ? Mine does !

I can't speak for the TSG, but some visors are made to close shut above a certain speed. That might be what he's trying to avoid.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Paul A said:

Screenshot from video

Video-Screen-Shot.png

Guy was an idiot going that quick with zero protective gear. I'll always wear my CE-certified roost protector, elbow guards, knee braces, wrist guards, motorcycle helmet, and textile outer layers so this doesn't happen to me

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

58 minutes ago, oktothorpe said:

Guy was an idiot going that quick with zero protective gear. I'll always wear my CE-certified roost protector, elbow guards, knee braces, wrist guards, motorcycle helmet, and textile outer layers so this doesn't happen to me

Always?

Even going ~10 mph slow rides? Or quick/slowish ride to corner shop?

50 minutes ago, oktothorpe said:

I'd rather just take my dog out while we go to the store

Also can be done with EUC.. :D I bet the dog would enjoy some running. You could even ride in shop. If old folks can ride their "Mobility scooters" indoors - why can't you? Get a doctor note and be happy. :whistling:Jk.

My daily job rides are one of those, where i don't need to ride "fast". I leave house 10 mins faster and enjoy slowish ride to job. Only gear i never leave my house without is wristguards. Doh my city isn't busy and most paths are empty.. Same time i have put rule for myself. If i'm not wearing helmet - i don't go over 20km/h. So i'm not really worried about crashing. Only if wheel stops working - and i'm okay with that.

Everyone can choose what they wanna wear. :) But same time need to take into mind consequences.

Calling one a idiot for not wearing "gear" is kinda mean. Maybe he wanted to crash? You never know that. :D Maybe he wanted to get life insurance. Or something like that, who knows. :D At least now maybe he has learned a lesson.

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1