F-wheel New Product Dolphin Series

Interesting to see more and more EUCs are coming with more and more bells and whistles. From the pictures this one looks FAT. As Sunny mentioned, inside stuff matters in terms of dust and water proofing, among other good things. Any details on them?

your site has no actual photos of the inside of the shell and how the waterproofing works. Many EU Companies state false facts on their website - see firewheel in that rega rd.

Thanks  for your advice, and this site is still in construction. There are more specific details of that if you email to jesse@fwheel.cc

are there any videos of this in action? What does the inside look like in terms of water proofing? I had terrible experiences with the Firewheel.

​Contact our aftesales department and report it to them, them will take care of your issure with full attention.Thank you 

Austin really pushed it, really pushed it to extreme, going too fast causes it to 'hop', what would happen if he tried to go 'slow' down stair ramp? If he could that is.... In America, we do not have these ramp to staircases, I suppose it is to help people walk their bikes up and down stairs. If we did it would have a much lower angle or longer tread to stairs.... And I could see why all the need of eus to go up steep angles, personally, I would never ride the ramps.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was very sad to see Austin's review because I love all the bells and whistles the f-wheel dolphin has; lights, charging ports, luggage handle, and app. Additionally "made in Japan" inspires greater quality to me.

It looks like this is the first version of this wheel, is it?. I'll keep my eye open for any software upgrades and/or other reviews...

I'm researching to buy my first ewheel  and one of the features I liked the most was the extendable luggage-type handle. Is there another ewheel with a similar feature so I can drag instead of lifting the heavy wheel? Are there any attachments that will mimic this for other ewheels?

I'm researching to buy my first ewheel  and one of the features I liked the most was the extendable luggage-type handle. Is there another ewheel with a similar feature so I can drag instead of lifting the heavy wheel? Are there any attachments that will mimic this for other ewheels?

Indeed there are. There is a specific trolley handle for the Ninebot One as well as a trolley handle for the Airwheels the Gotway and I believe for many more generic euc's. Here is a link to a shop in Singapore showing some examples, but I am sure those accessoires are also available in a location near to your place.

http://www.passiongadgets.com/airwheel-unicycle/accessories/

I tried the F-Wheel out last November at the Hong Kong HKTDC. It's not nearly as bad as Austin represents; like you said, at the time there was quite a bit of innovation in the Dolphin series, like the integrated handle, headlights, & USB-charger. Since then, they've had lots of time to refine it, so maybe the points of criticism have been solved.

Recommend dropping them a line to see what they say: the sales person, Nancy, extremely polite & responsive: nancy@fwheel.cc 

CHICKEN!

According to user from Russia review Dolphin One D5 is badly weather protected. Water and dust can come to the electronic parts quite easily. Another week points mentioned by him:

- Pedals low height, no rough turns possible;

- Pedal has a foldable stand inside which is not fixed tight and rattles while driving. Requires some kind of sealing. 

- Electric wire is not fixed tight to the body and also creates a noise while driving.

- Handle is wobbling when retracted.

- max speed is 20 km/h not 25 (need confirmation on that as measured by bicycle comp).

You can see photos from inside here:

http://electrotransport.ru/ussr/index.php?topic=26765.msg598788#msg598788

However the features of this wheel are amazing. It virtually have the full set of options for my personal needs. So I'm planning  to purchase it anyway. :D But upon arrival and before the first use Dolphin requires disassemble and some maintenance to fix above mentioned issues. 

Another uphill test (success this time):

I will be interested in hearing your review! The features really do look good, especially the integrated handle. I had a similar experience with the Firewheel, once I sealed everything up and replaced the bad board it has been a great wheel. Take a lot of pictures so we can see how you fix things.

This is exactly what I'm planning to do (except board replacement :D). Pedals height - this is a real issue. Will do a review, no problem. But this is not gonna be soon. Delivery can take up to 2 month. 

Using the right technics, 21 degree hill passed easely: 

Further investigation by Russian user of D5 model - how to fix in-pedal stand rattling:

How to fix  low pedal height (optional):

Found another model in the internet F-Wheel Beetle 6.5 Inch (out of production):

f-wheel_beetle_5.jpg

What can I say - really a good professional designer works in F-wheel Company. B)

Archived