Extremebull Commander Pro (134.4v,3600wh,suspension)

Greg X

It would be a bit funny complaining about Sherman S torque considering it's currently at the top place in the pull force test.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, mrelwood said:

While agreeable in theory, I haven’t heard anyone mention the ShermS torque or top speed to be lacking. I seem to remember 80km/h as the max speed in high speed mode.

I got nothing against the Sherman S, but I personally wouldn't want to have shelled out nearly $1000 US more for a wheel only to later find out "Oh...so THAT was the limitation of the Sherman S being 100v".

80 km/h as max speed, but I think @Ronin Ryderdid a good job in his video articulating the difference in PWM levels at ~52mph between the EX30, Commander Pro, and Sherman S. Sherman S was in the 90's in PWM while the Commander Pro was in the mid 80's and EX30 high 70's. On top of that, the Sherman S PWM level was with a lighter weight rider. Admittedly, I don't go past 45 often, but I bank on that headroom being there for the times I do venture into the 50's so I don't flirt too much with the cutout zone. I will say though that the voltage sag in 134V is more than I'm used to past 100V wheels.

Regarding torque, I haven't ridden a Sherman S, but I just came back from a sunrise ride in SF and I blasted up those steep streets almost effortlessly... just by flexing my feet it felt like. I had stock pads on but I only really used them to break. It felt amazing and was addicting getting to speed so fast up a slope, not exactly what I'm used to at my heavier riding weight. It's the performance I think of and expect now when I hear "134v wheel."

Now, this COULD be like it is for the Sherman S too but if not, like, if I had to lean into my pads to go up the hills, then yeah... I'd be disappointed.

Edited by EUC Sharkman

It’s great that there are choices, since riders prioritize so different aspects in a wheel. As long as the purchases are properly educated ones, and not based on misconceptions.

1 hour ago, EUC Sharkman said:

Now, this COULD be like it is for the Sherman S too but if not, like, if I had to lean into my pads to go up the hills, then yeah... I'd be disappointed.

What you describe has nothing to do with the wheel’s (peak) torque. The amount is effort it takes to accelerate or climb an incline comes from other things entirely.

Lots if discussions exist on the effort it takes to accelerate.

Edited by mrelwood

2 hours ago, mrelwood said:

It’s great that there are choices, since riders prioritize so different aspects in a wheel. As long as the purchases are properly educated ones, and not based on misconceptions.

What you describe has nothing to do with the wheel’s (peak) torque. The amount is effort it takes to accelerate or climb an incline comes from other things entirely.

Lots if discussions exist on the effort it takes to accelerate.

I'm ok with that, and I'm fine with recognizing that I'm likely misusing the term when it comes to EUCs. I think the usage that I'm more familiar with is in regards to something like how much towing force a truck can tow, with higher torque being able to pull a heavier load.

Admittedly I'm not sure where that plays into a wheel's ridefeel, but it's more the point that I do value the ability of a wheel to accelerate and get off the line or climb slopes with as little effort as possible. It's been one of my key factors in choosing a wheel, which the Commander Pro delivers.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EUC Sharkman said:

I'm ok with that, and I'm fine with recognizing that I'm likely misusing the term when it comes to EUCs. I think the usage that I'm more familiar with is in regards to something like how much towing force a truck can tow, with higher torque being able to pull a heavier load.

That’s a reasonable usage, no problems there. But the maximum available torque doesn’t explain how deep you have to push the tow truck’s gas pedal for the towing to happen (meaning, the effort it requires).

2 minutes ago, EUC Sharkman said:

I do value the ability of a wheel to accelerate and get off the line or climb slopes with as little effort as possible.

I don’t know if you have had the chance to ride smaller diameter wheels than your Nikola, but the Mten is an extreme example on how you can barely think about accelerating and it already goes. The effort required to accelerate is minimal. But the maximum available torque is pretty low.

Another factor is the riding mode. Medium mode requires less effort than hard mode.

Then there’s the weight. A heavy wheel requires more effort to change the speed of it’s mass.

Then there are also large differences in how each manufacturer code their riding behaviors. Essentially, one might have sort of like an acceleration assist built in, like I’d say that Sherman and SherMax kind of do. I think you might’ve had good luck with EB possibly having a similar behavior.

• Like 1

Zen Lee gave his thoughts on the Commander Pro. This the same wheel that he raced in Spain. 

In particular, he rated the suspension highly. Somewhat better than what I would have expected. But I have never ridden a Commander Pro.

Time-stamped. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mrelwood said:

That’s a reasonable usage, no problems there. But the maximum available torque doesn’t explain how deep you have to push the tow truck’s gas pedal for the towing to happen (meaning, the effort it requires).

I don’t know if you have had the chance to ride smaller diameter wheels than your Nikola, but the Mten is an extreme example on how you can barely think about accelerating and it already goes. The effort required to accelerate is minimal. But the maximum available torque is pretty low.

Another factor is the riding mode. Medium mode requires less effort than hard mode.

Then there’s the weight. A heavy wheel requires more effort to change the speed of it’s mass.

Then there are also large differences in how each manufacturer code their riding behaviors. Essentially, one might have sort of like an acceleration assist built in, like I’d say that Sherman and SherMax kind of do. I think you might’ve had good luck with EB possibly having a similar behavior.

I am aware of the factors you mention as I've seen these in action when riding different wheels. I also have an MTen3, MCM5V2, and a V11 but I don't list them in my profile since they're more my kids wheels than mine. I honestly was really only thinking about the EX30, CPro, and Sherman S since up until now, I was really only looking for an upgrade to my EX20S in that 20" 3600Wh suspension wheel category.

Also, it wasn't good luck, but the gathering of impressions from riders familiar with the CPro, particularly those also familiar with Sherman or the Sherman Max like in this particular forum thread, and riders who own the wheel. Torque may or may not have been used correctly I'm these impressions but I got a pretty good idea of how the three wheels differ and what I was looking for.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, EUC Sharkman said:

I was really only looking for an upgrade to my EX20S

Seated riding on my Ex20s is the best.  Have you found a good way to mount a seat on the CP?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, GitDatPC said:

Velcro and a center console arm cushion 😁👍

20230504_164758.jpg

Is the trolley handle usable?  How is the velcro secured to the wheel?  Looks great.  Is it stable?

Thanks,

Edited by Paradox
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Paradox said:

Is the trolley handle usable?  How is the velcro secured to the wheel?  Looks great.  Is it stable?

Thanks,

Thanks 👍 Yep, I just move the seat around on the velcro as needed. I'll stick it down in front of the handle when I need to trolley it around

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GitDatPC said:

Thanks 👍 Yep, I just move the seat around on the velcro as needed. I'll stick it down in front of the handle when I need to trolley it around

I use this seat too! Thanks for supplying the link...great seat for just about $20. I use Velcro as well...just on the top side cushions on the wheel. To use the trolley, I just flip the seat on one of its sides by unvelcroing one side, then pull the handle up.

I did find the memory foam to be a bit too soft while riding. It felt like I was slipping off the seat! I ended up taking it out and making a block out of cut and stacked yoga mat, which is firm but still a bit soft. Then I taped it together and put it back into the case. May try to find another place to use the memory foam.

Edited by EUC Sharkman

I’ve had mine for about a week and my display and lights won’t turn on anymore but wheel balances. I took apart the wheel and put it back together. I’m not sure what I did. There’s a flashing red light on blue control unit. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Nciau said:

I’ve had mine for about a week and my display and lights won’t turn on anymore but wheel balances. I took apart the wheel and put it back together. I’m not sure what I did. There’s a flashing red light on blue control unit. 

open the top and check, each thing has it's wire, easy to check.

the light you see is on the BT module (reflecting to the board)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Hellkitten said:

@TheNotoriousEUC Congratulations on your first wheel! Keep us posted on your learning progress. 👍👍🎉🎉

Thank you! It’s rain here today and I learned quickly the garage isn’t quite big enough but I did get some learning done. My regular life is coaching, it’s all I do so tomorrow I am heading out early to our facility to get a lot more time in. I put on all the Velcro for the Grizzla pads but will let them keep adhering until tomorrow. I have a LOT of space indoors and out. Carpet, concrete, asphalt….probably in that order tomorrow.

Edited by TheNotoriousEUC
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, TheNotoriousEUC said:

I have a LOT of space indoors and out. Carpet, concrete, asphalt….probably in that order tomorrow.

Word of warning: Carpets are usually horrible as hell on an EUC. The hairs on a carpet can kill any ability to ride straight or go where you want. I suggest skipping that step altogether.

2 hours ago, BKW said:

Later I installed the K340A, and as a novice when it comes to EUC tires, when I first got on it the street tire it DID NOT WANT TO TURN without serious effort.

This is very normal when switching from a knobby to a street tire, I’ve seen it many times. As you described, with the knobby the wheel tries to fall to the side at slower speeds. A street tire doesn’t do this, it cancels your sideways lean instead by turning. You just need a little time to adjust to the street tire steering.

2 hours ago, BKW said:

I have said that the CP has greater acceleration when comparing to the Sherman Max, but when I got back on the Sherman Max after not being on it in a while the Sherman Max felt very zippy much like the CP, so I think there might be some placebo effect / bias going on

The ride mode affects the zippyness a lot. Sherman and CP surely have different ride mode presets, so I wouldn’t be surprised if there were some difference despite that. Even if you test with the same mode on both, the Sherman medium can be closer to CP soft than medium. So direct comparisons aren’t always very obvious.

• Like 3