No we don't.. For those speeds we got motorcycles. (And anyone who says yes - go, enjoy dying.) For duck sake you are riding on "one" wheel.. Use some brain cells.

Sure safety margin for these wheels are amazing, if you ride ~40mph. But i can bet some people will push the limits of 80mph. Same as if we got 150mph wheel - some idiot will try it.

If companies just keep increasing the "limits" - it will hurt us more.. Harder crashes, more people will get hurt/die. (You are literally going motorcycle/car speeds on one wheel.)

I wonder at what speeds the "protection" gear will stop working.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

We need lighter wheels.. Whit good middle everything - range/speed/weight. (The lighter the better. With smaller battery, meaning you can quickly recharge it with fast chargers. Or removable/ex-changeable batteries, if you really need the "range" you can simply put one in your backpack.) Also wheel that are "truly" waterproof.

If only companies could start thinking the right way.. They would make more profits for sure.

These big wheels are getting out of hands, literally. :D To expansive, to heavy, big batteries - bigger fires. So one.. :sleep1:

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

Counter point, all of my cars go 100MPH+, but do I actually drive them at that speed, no.

I am a larger rider and this wheel seems perfect for me and how I currently ride (below 30MPH). Though if it ends up being more than $4999 I will put that money towards a Zero FX instead.

Do I need an 80MPH wheel - Sure, that would be great from a safety perspective (ceiling-wise). I also appreciate that the V13 was designed as a big wheel and they did not throw a larger rim on a stock motor.

Do I need to go 80MPH - HARD NO. Just because it goes that speed does not mean that I need to go that speed. My normal high 20's will be just fine on any wheel. 

Edited by gon2fast
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, gon2fast said:

Counter point, all of my cars go 100MPH+, but do I actually drive them at that speed, no.

I am a larger rider and this wheel seems perfect for me and how I currently ride (below 30MPH). Though if it ends up being more than $4999 I will put that money towards a Zero FX instead.

Do I need an 80MPH wheel - Sure, that would be great from a safety perspective (ceiling-wise). I also appreciate that the V13 was designed as a big wheel and they did not throw a larger rim on a stock motor.

Do I need to go 80MPH - HARD NO. Just because it goes that speed does not mean that I need to go that speed. My normal high 20's will be just fine on any wheel. 

Then again you are simply wasting it? It's like buying sports car - to simply show off, driving slowly true city. :D You can ride 20's on any wheel. Which is lighter/cheaper.

I'm also larger rider 280lbs and i'm happy riding 25mph on my 18xl. Normally most times 20-22mph.

I would only consider it, if it would offer really large ranges.. (But i don't need range.) Still that power would be wasted. :D  

'It would be entertaining to see it tried' is probably about the most positive thing I can say about that. To be honest I also wonder if it is possible to stay on a wheel and not be blown off it backwards by sheer force of airflow past a certain threshold as the video points out. The first cars went at 3 mph, and we got progressively faster and faster from then on, but only until a certain point, and I think EUCs will find their limits in a similar way. With the latest generations I suspect we are getting near the top limits of what is feasible / practical for a vehicle in this class. 

Of course, in the same way that people want to race cars at 750 mph across the salt flats just to see if they can, there will presumably be an equivalent class of nutter, sorry 'adventurer' who wants to do something similar on a wheel, and good luck to 'em, but for most of us, surely we are going mostly as fast as we want to already right ? Now we just need more of the same, but safer, and more readily acceptable by law.

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 1

Depending on locale euc's can be ridden, on some highways, roads, bike lanes, bike paths, even sidewalks. The beauty of an euc is that you can travel in any combination of these avenues to optimize your route, whether to avoid congestion, reduce travel time, or for any other factors. With an euc that has a higher level of capabilities, you can do more with your wheel to meet your particular needs.

Inside the city, I don't have a need for an 80 mph car, motorcycle, or euc. However, outside the city, I still don't need an 80 mph car, nor motorcycle. But it would be nice. I don't need an 80 mph euc currently, however, 60 mph would be nice, if the euc is capable, and there is a highway that allows me to ride my euc to my destination. Around my locale, there is such a highway and destination. However, top speed is not the only factor. Power is also an important factor to overcome road grade, head wind, and aerodynamic drag.

Just because you have the motor power to go 80 mph on a flat road with no head wind, it doesn't mean you can't use that power to go 60 mph up a slope battling a head wind.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Cerbera said:

I also wonder if it is possible to stay on a wheel and not be blown off it backwards by sheer force of airflow

Roughly speaking by looking at how well humans can withstand gale/hurricane force winds and the like its a windspeed of around 100MPH before you would be blown over*

But seeing footage of people battling these winds doesn't conduce a smooth stance.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Brahan Seer said:

Roughly speaking by looking at how well humans can withstand gale/hurricane force winds and the like its a windspeed of around 100MPH before you would be blown over*

But seeing footage of people battling these winds doesn't conduce a smooth stance.

It is really easy to test. Go at whatever speed you want on a motorcycle. Stand up on the pegs while holding the handlebars, and gradually loosen grip carefully to gauge. But I have to say, 100 mph wind blast on a motorcycle is seriously strong. I would start at 60 mph first.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 2