134V RS: 70mph 25kg!

Grimm10

21 minutes ago, alcatraz said:

May I ask? Can you meet all your needs with just one wheel? Which would it be?

For me, for now, the answer is a yes. I don't need a small wheel. I don't need a long range heavy cruiser yet. I am finding that low tire pressure is still not enough for bumps. So I have been waiting to get a middle weight suspension wheel. I primarily need a wheel for urban commute.

I am current thinking about pulling the trigger on the Master, even though I said I won't buy a first batch.

But I am having trust issues with Begode right now. No thanks to the LiTech battery pack debacle. 

I am hoping Master owners will share their experiences soon.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, alcatraz said:

I'm actually mostly excited about this new 134V system. What new wheels will now be 134V?

16inch suspension?

134v tesla?

Suspension is very exciting but there will be no end of new gen solutions that as we hear so often on youtube "This new suspension smokes last year's suspension. You know the same one we said back then was the best ever."

The 134V system is exciting indeed. But it is hard to tell what Begode is planning to do next with it.

According to Jack ex-kingsong, he basically said you don't really need a 16" wheel anymore since the 134V system will give you the torque that 16" wheels will give you, plus you can get the high top speed and stability too. Is there a reason why you like the 16" wheels? 

As for suspension wheels, I decided to skip the first gen, but to ride the wave from 2nd gen onwards. 

7 minutes ago, techyiam said:

For me, for now, the answer is a yes. I don't need a small wheel. I don't need a long range heavy cruiser yet. I am finding that low tire pressure is still not enough for bumps. So I have been waiting yo get a middle weight suspension wheel. I primarily need a wheel for urban commute.

I am current thinking about pulling the trigger on the Master, even though I said I won't buy a first batch.

But I am having trust issues with Begode right now. No thanks to the LiTech battery pack debacle. 

I am hoping Master owners will share their experiences soon.

No brand of battery will completely put me at ease. A smart-bms goes a long way, almost the entire way. But still, after 1,2,3 years of ownership, how do you know for sure? Corrosion, nickel strip cracks, hot spots, melted wires?

If I were you I'd just get the Master but not be chicken about inspecting the battery packs. 6-12 months in, they have to be taken apart and checked. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alcatraz said:

but not be chicken about inspecting the battery packs. 6-12 months in, they have to be taken apart and checked. 

That sounds like a smart thing to do.

1 minute ago, techyiam said:

That sounds like a smart thing to do.

Some engineers told me. You can't inspect dying cells that are about to shortcircuit. 

That might be true but I'd like to exclude most other problems. Try to catch something earlier rather than later.

6 hours ago, alcatraz said:

I'm too drooling over the suspension. I'll probably have one later.

I'm not crazy about the size or weight though.

I'm more excited about the RS134 to be honest. A wheel that (in an emergency) can do 80km/h without even breaking a sweat, and that looks nice when trolleying, relatively compact, and is around 25kg when you need to lug it around the stairs/car trunks/public transport.

I like the idea of a wheel without a speed limit. I'm not a speed demon but IF I need to keep up to stay safe (many situations) I hate to have tilt-back at a low speed set. I've been considering turning off tilt-back and just use an audible alarm over 40km/h. But then I'm scared I'll cut-out if it's an MSX/MSP and maybe even an RS. With an RS134 there's literally no way I'm going to keep accelerating past 100km/h. 

I know it sounds crazy but I'm very nervous about turning off tilt-back and relying on audible alarms I might not hear. It doesn't seem like a good long term solution. I want massive power headroom = RS134.

Same as mine 18xl, just lower speed. :D 

I never experience tilt back, because i have set my speed alarm at 40kph.. Doh tilt back only happens at 50kph. I also more or less take up speed slowly. I don't go 1-40kph in 5 secs.. As soon as i hear alarm, i slow down.

Not feeling tilt back is awesome in one way. I also hear that alarm very, very rarely as i normally drive at 30-35kphs.. 40kph only on very long straight roads.

11 hours ago, techyiam said:

Funny guy.

You may be a little bit stringy in the maintenance department. Nothing wrong. Just a fact.

I am already quite grateful that euc's are so low maintenance as is.

I don't expect the suspension on the Master to be high maintenance, once sorted out initially.

Nah, i also would love having suspension. But i did mention that my weight would make suspension kinda bad.. I'm 280lbs, i doubt suspension would work great with my weight. :cry2: Most suspension wheels are made for ~175lbs guys in mind.

Edited by Funky

19 minutes ago, Funky said:

Nah, i also would love having suspension. But i did mention that my weight would make suspension kinda bad.. I'm 280lbs, i doubt suspension would work great with my weight. :cry2: Most suspension wheels are made for ~175lbs guys in mind.

My V11 hasnt got any problems with my weight (easily 290lbs with clothes and all my gear) as long as you put enough pressure into the shocks (170 psi). I avoid stuff that is tough on the shocks, like jumping off of full height curbs, but the suspension has never ever bottomed out on me yet over 3.000 kilometers.

Edited by mhpr262
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Funky said:

I'm 280lbs, i doubt suspension would work great with my weight.

I am not 100% certain, but I get the impression that the Begode EX20S has a strong frame. You may need to replace the shock to get properly sprung and damped.

36 minutes ago, techyiam said:

I am not 100% certain, but I get the impression that the Begode EX20S has a strong frame. You may need to replace the shock to get properly sprung and damped.

Yeah, those 30+kg wheel sure could handle me.. I don't want heavier than 30kg wheel. (As i don't ride with cars, and portability.) I would exchange range for lighter wheel even. As i need max 40km..

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Funky said:

I don't want heavier than 30kg wheel. (As i don't ride with cars, and portability.) I would exchange range for lighter wheel even. As i need max 40km.

If that is the case, perhaps the Inmotion V12 HT may interest you sometime in the future. Denis Hagov seems to really like it. It has the torque, and stability. The tire is a large 16" tire. Denis rekons the outer tire diameter to be similar to the 18 x 2.5 tire. The 2800 W motor is poweful enough, and it has a torque motor with torque biased firmware, the later according to Jack ex-kingsong. The area where the plastic shell is mounted to the hangers are reinforced, looks to me sturdier than what is on the Begode T3.

I personally prefer suspension and would pay the price in weight. But since you personally capped your top speed at 40 km/h, then it is not that bad either with a V12 HT. I can say that the ride on the V12 is way more comfortable than on the T3. Since the V12 HT have even a bigger tire, it should be even more so.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, techyiam said:

If that is the case, perhaps the Inmotion V12 HT may interest you sometime in the future. Denis Hagov seems to really like it. It has the torque, and stability. The tire is a large 16" tire. Denis rekons the outer tire diameter to be similar to the 18 x 2.5 tire. The 2800 W motor is poweful enough, and it has a torque motor with torque biased firmware, the later according to Jack ex-kingsong. The area where the plastic shell is mounted to the hangers are reinforced, looks to me sturdier than what is on the Begode T3.

I personally prefer suspension and would pay the price in weight. But since you personally capped your top speed at 40 km/h, then it is not that bad either with a V12 HT. I can say that the ride on the V12 is way more comfortable than on the T3. Since the V12 HT have even a bigger tire, it should be even more so.

I'm happy with my "lifted" 18xl, with 80/80-14 K66 tire. I will buy new wheel only when "solid state" batteries will become a thing. :D 

• Like 1

i have a bad back and neck, a 16 inch tire was brutal when you feel every sidewalk crack but 18x3.0 at right tire pressure was a game changer for me and i have the what some consider a crap tire.

isthereanyfood tried a mc tire

134v/4p high power battery cells, a c38 motor with a m/c tire would be perfect for city riding

4 minutes ago, goatman said:

i have a bad back and neck, a 16 inch tire was brutal when you feel every sidewalk crack but 18x3.0 at right tire pressure was a game changer for me

Thank you for your input. Were any of those 16" tires 3" wide? I have tried various tire pressures on my V12, from 15 psi to 35 psi, but I still find it not comfortable enough.

4 minutes ago, goatman said:

no, it was 16 x 2.15

larger tire diameter, softer  ride

Thanks.

I have a Begode T3 that came stock with the CST 1488, 16 x 2.125 tire. It is no where as comfortable as my V12 with stock CST 1488, 16 X 3 tire and optimized firmware settings, and a little lower tire pressure. However, I am still looking for more comfort. 

On 5/27/2022 at 12:59 PM, mhpr262 said:

My V11 hasnt got any problems with my weight (easily 290lbs with clothes and all my gear) as long as you put enough pressure into the shocks (170 psi). I avoid stuff that is tough on the shocks, like jumping off of full height curbs, but the suspension has never ever bottomed out on me yet over 3.000 kilometers.

Quick questions - How often do you need to repump the shocks? (Also how much you ride daily/weekly?) And let's say you don't ride the wheel week or two. Does shock also lose pressure while sitting?

5 hours ago, Funky said:

Quick questions - How often do you need to repump the shocks? (Also how much you ride daily/weekly?) And let's say you don't ride the wheel week or two. Does shock also lose pressure while sitting?

I bought the wheel around mid November 2021 and have ridden just a little over 3.000 kilometers since then (it seems to rack up kilometers much more quickly than my V10F). I pumped up the shocks right at the start and then checked after a couple of weeks. There was no pressure loss. I havent touched them since then and I still havent noticed any loss of pressure.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mhpr262 said:

I bought the wheel around mid November 2021 and have ridden just a little over 3.000 kilometers since then (it seems to rack up kilometers much more quickly than my V10F). I pumped up the shocks right at the start and then checked after a couple of weeks. There was no pressure loss. I havent touched them since then and I still havent noticed any loss of pressure.

Ohh, i thought you would need to pump it weekly. That sounds great - thanks.

I think I would be more excited about a 134v exn than 134v RS.

I'm a little concerned about the voltage sag on a 4p 134v system.  I think a C38 134v exn will be the absolute ticket.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, wstuart said:

I think I would be more excited about a 134v exn than 134v RS.

I'm a little concerned about the voltage sag on a 4p 134v system.  I think a C38 134v exn will be the absolute ticket.  

They have to use high discharge cells anyways (not enough shell space for 4p = 2400Wh or 6p = 3600Wh with the usual cells in 134V), so no worries about voltage drop (but worries about decent battery size). First post mentions the Samsung 40T which is high discharge (and lower capacity per cell).

Edited by meepmeepmayer
spelling
  • Like 3