Real life reviews of Kingsong s20 Eagle

Finn Bjerke

Disclaimer:   
THIS IS MORE OF A "FIRST IMPRESSIONS video than a review, but pretty good anywayz. 
"Plastic shit" is what I wrote on facebook because of a broken bumper, 200 replies on that.   S20 is to utterly overhyped its beyond words, ppl will be disappointed big time. S20 to me is surface of nice red pads but a top heavy wheel thats not strong enuff. Ill just pateintly wait for Inmotion V13 (raptor?) and forget about this Kingsong charade.  They might upgrade bitr I doubt it very much.

• Upvote 1

I assumed that the bumper would be made of a tough rubber like material, which... makes sense for a bumper, right?

Seems like they obviously messed up there by opting for a brittle plastic instead.
Well, I already know I'll design a bumper for 3D printing in TPU when I get mine, unless someone does it first.

• Like 1

The primary advantage of the bumper is it's replaceable. In half a year there will be a myriad of bumper options to print/buy.

By the way, serious single-use bumpers (like single-use helmets) are designed to crumple/break to absorb the impact energy. Rubber is better for repeated use.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Finn Bjerke said:

THIS IS MORE OF A "FIRST IMPRESSIONS video than a review, but pretty good anywayz.

That's what I assumed as well. EUCity has an earlier video where she rode up and down the parking lot but that's all they showed. I don't know if they had much more of a chance to "test" the wheel so I'm guessing that they're also guessing about how it actually performs.

The broken bumper/handle has been experienced by Vee as well, and if you look closely at the CN riding videos the bumper/handle is missing in a number of those as well. This will obviously deserve fixing, but at least one other manufacturer produced a wheel whose nose was super fragile so hopefully KS isn't going to take that cue and instead is actually going to do something. Personally, I'm with @yoos and am actually a little excited to see what our community of makers comes up with! (I've heard through a grapevine that one of those that has access to a demo unit is going to document the bolt pattern for the bumper/handle so makers can start soon)

Edited by Tawpie

Is there an NDA in effect covering some aspects?

If not, how come no one can give a straight forward answer to the smart BMS question.

Is there individual cell monitoring present on the app or not?

People seem to care about all sorts of miniscule stuff like 5 euro bumper replacements than the actual stuff that will make eucs safer.

Edited by Freestyler
  • Like 3

Here is a picture of the backside of the battery pack (showing the BMS, link was copied from this forum's telegram Discord server) and I'd guess it's 5x more complex than what we see in photos of the Begode 900Wh packs. Doesn't mean much other than it cost more money because the part count is higher, but relatively speaking, this BMS has enough parts to do a lot more things... but so far only KS knows what those things might be and so far they're not spilling any beans.

273665167_10165930257605632_427079767507

Edited by Tawpie
oops, it's Discord, not telegram
  • Like 2

On 2/10/2022 at 7:21 PM, Freestyler said:

Is there an NDA in effect covering some aspects?

If not, how come no one can give a straight forward answer to the smart BMS question.

Is there individual cell monitoring present on the app or not?

People seem to care about all sorts of miniscule stuff like 5 euro bumper replacements than the actual stuff that will make eucs safer.

so now it is confirmed, the s20 has indeed "per cell group" monitoring and reporting on the soft tuner app. Excellent news. 

• Like 1

On 2/10/2022 at 12:26 PM, Tawpie said:

Here is a picture of the backside of the battery pack (showing the BMS, link was copied from this forum's telegram) and I'd guess it's 5x more complex than what we see in photos of the Begode 900Wh packs. Doesn't mean much other than it cost more money because the part count is higher, but relatively speaking, this BMS has enough parts to do a lot more things... but so far only KS knows what those things might be and so far they're not spilling any beans.

273665167_10165930257605632_427079767507

Can you post the link to the telegram for this group?  Thanks

• 1 month later...

Summary:

1. The EBR 1190sx has 200hp! Its helmet's ONLY purpose is wind protection.

2. A1, e+, and MTen3 are in-house and starter wheels, good for dog running too.

3. Speed wheel (MSX-100V) with potholes, speed-bump-jumps, grass drive need for suspension - people get sore ankles, knees, and its hard work on legs.

4. S18 & V11 sacrificed road-commute speeds (30-35) for suspension. V11 was top-heavy. Both lacked power for sustained windage at 30-35mph. Both lacked head-room ... "speed margin".

5. The S20 is best yet for me: - has the speed (43mph) and torque (hard mode) of the MSX-100V - and a suspension better than anything else ever yet available. - everything is adjustable too. for a while it just keeps getting better and better!

Edited by Elliott Reitz