Jump to content

King Song S16 Speculation (no confirmation yet, only rumor)


Funky

Recommended Posts

[Split off from S20 thread]

3 hours ago, mrelwood said:

… the weight is hard to ignore. It is a very heavy wheel. If it was lighter, I could even be joining the pre-orders as well.

Yup that's right there is 100% why i will never buy "Heavy" wheel, more than 25kg is to heavy for my to carry it.. Sure, i think i could carry 35kg. But why would i..

3rd floor apartment, train, job 2nd floor, < Repeat backwards. Each day.

Also that whole range for my needs are wasted.  They could remove ~1/2 battery, even 2/3 (Still would charge once/twice a week same as on 18xl, ~15km daily) make it ~25kg weight.. I also would buy it!!!!!!

Next they should make s20"mini" les range, lighter, 16-18x3" wheel. <3<3<3 Even my dad would buy that, if it where lighter. For him 20+kg is "to heavy"

Edited by meepmeepmayer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why not trolley the S20 up/down the stairs?

If riders can ride up/down stairs, wouldn't it make sense to trolley for stairs as well?

Lifting required if loading into a car.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Paul A said:

Why not trolley the S20 up/down the stairs?

If riders can ride up/down stairs, wouldn't it make sense to trolley for stairs as well?

Lifting required if loading into a car.

Can't it "slip" suddenly? And go "HurrDurr" i'm a rocket ship down stairs? Slipping it would speed up and bump on next stair?

My and my dad laugh, that you could trolley it up stairs. As 20" tire simply would go over stair.

Lifting in train still a problem. xD +it's too big, i would have to buy ticket for it also.

Nah, think it won't trolley up stairs. Sounds cool doh. (Watched Veteran Abram trolleying up stairs... On youtube.)

Edited by Funky
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Member Rawnei posted this video on the previous page.

It shows a rider on an S20, riding up stairs.

If a rider can ride an S20 up some stairs, it would presumably be even easier to trolley an S20 up some stairs.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Funky said:

Next they should make s20"mini" les range, lighter, 16-18x3" wheel. <3<3<3 Even my dad would buy that, if it where lighter. For him 20+kg is "to heavy"

The rumor is that the S16 comes next.

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Funky said:

Next they should make s20"mini" les range, lighter, 16-18x3" wheel.

@meepmeepmayer beat me to the S16.

And yes, I agree — the footage we've seen is setting it up as an off roader first and an urban commuter or ripping through traffic -maybe-. But torque means it should have snappy acceleration, and they do quote a respectable speed (although with KS, you have to knock a few mph off their advertised speed unless you want to be on the ragged edge). If it works out, it'll serve my needs as entertainment, with the occasional go-to-work excursion thrown in just because some days are too nice to ride the bus for an hour and a half. If I needed primary transportation for running errands and the like, my 16x has that bill filled.

Edited by Tawpie
'running errors'???? (autocorrupt be cursed)
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

The rumor is that the S16 comes next.

S16 with suspension? Or was that meant as joke?

I would love to have S20 but on smaller size... I can bet my left ball sack, that it would sell more units, than these "big" wheels. ;) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Funky said:

S16 with suspension? Or was that meant as joke?

The S16 was hinted at just about the time the renders for the S20 were leaked. No details other than "S16".

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

The S16 was hinted at just about the time the renders for the S20 were leaked. No details other than "S16".

I thought ks16s as the "old" wheel. xD

If it's true and it will be something like S20. I would be so happy, because my dad would 100% buy it. He liked the S20 very much, but it was to big/heavy.

Lets hope it will be something lightweight with 3"tire.

Edited by Funky
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

The rumor is that the S16 comes next.

Jack mentioned he got to see the S16 recently.  Wrong Way, in a video I watched last spring, alluded to knowing what the S16 looked like ("something out of Star Wars" is the phrase I think he used). 

If I knew some of the specs on the S16, I would potentially hold off on the S20.  Alas, that is probably one of the primary reasons KS is being so quiet about it.  My guess is a summer/fall announcement with spring 2023 availability.  

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Rollin-on-1 said:

Jack mentioned he got to see the S16 recently.  Wrong Way, in a video I watched last spring, alluded to knowing what the S16 looked like ("something out of Star Wars" is the phrase I think he used). 

If I knew some of the specs on the S16, I would potentially hold off on the S20.  Alas, that is probably one of the primary reasons KS is being so quiet about it.  My guess is a summer/fall announcement with spring 2023 availability.  

So you guys are not lying? About S16? The name should already give away that it would be 16" wheel. If it's under 25kg(55lbs). Closer to 20kg(44lbs) Would be dream come true!

Maybe even "smart bms" and waterproof rating. Ahh i came!!! :efeeec645d: (Doubt doh :cry2:)

 

tumblr_mvh24lRIcX1qjtxmco1_500.gif

Edited by Funky
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Funky said:

So you guys are not lying? About S16? The name should already give away that it would be 16" wheel. If it's under 25kg(55lbs). Closer to 20kg(44lbs) Would be dream come true!

Maybe even "smart bms" and waterproof rating. Ahh i came!!! :efeeec645d: (Doubt doh :cry2:)

 

tumblr_mvh24lRIcX1qjtxmco1_500.gif

I was considering starting an S16 Speculation thread...it would be fun.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Rollin-on-1 said:

I was considering starting an S16 Speculation thread...it would be fun.

do it.

then we won't threadjack this one! (at least we won't fill this thread with S16 fantasies)

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Funky said:

S16 with suspension? Or was that meant as joke?

Literally a "16 incher" (like the 16X tire size, not the 16S which is the actual 16 incher) in the new KS design philosophy (suspension and all) of the S18/S20, implied by the name "S16". Isn't it great what only 3 letters/digits can do?;)

So far only rumor. KS tend to take their time, so I would not wait. At best I expect this:

42 minutes ago, Rollin-on-1 said:

My guess is a summer/fall announcement with spring 2023 availability.  

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Assumption: anything less than 4p isn't enough for a real performance wheel and will make people complain (see: S18).

Then: the battery size of the S16 should be at least 1480Wh (if it is 84V like the S18) or 2220Wh (if it is 126V like the S20, same battery size). I think/hope 126V is more likely, so it might indeed be a mini-S20. Alternative 3p battery size is 1665Wh, or they do a 100V wheel with at least 1800Wh.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My dream wheel: 16-18"

Strong suspension, max rider weight ~330lbs(150kg) Or simply no suspension, if the wheel will be more "robust"

With "smart bms" and waterproof rating.

Lightweight: ~44lbs(20kg)

Range: ~65miles(100km)

3" Tire with a lot tire space.. (So you can install any tire.)

No fan on motherboard. (Had problems on my 18xl at first day.. Fixed it..)

Modern sexy look, like 16x, but with round trolley handle as 18xl. The "square" handle on 16x are awkward in hand.

Some torque! Torque is always good.

Edited by Funky
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Grimm10 said:

I'm calling the new 16" wheel the Sidewinder!  Change the topic to incorporate it please. 😁

When S20 is called Eagle, S16 should be called Sparrow.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I really like my 16X off-road... agile, light enough, has range enough, dead simple, trustworthy, water resistant enough, don't need to go fast. But I'm signed up for the S20 because of the knees—they don't really 'mind' absorbing all the bumps, but there are many surfaces where it's bumpy enough to really put a damper on the fun. I don't want to think I need to add a mouthguard to my gear load out.

I'd be tickled if they could figure out how to put a suspension on the 16X quite honestly. I wouldn't even feel bad about selling the 16X and the S18 (and the S20). Might need to the way prices are going!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Assumption: anything less than 4p isn't enough for a real performance wheel and will make people complain (see: S18).

Then: the battery size of the S16 should be at least 1480Wh (if it is 84V like the S18) or 2220Wh (if it is 126V like the S20, same battery size). I think/hope 126V is more likely, so it might indeed be a mini-S20. Alternative 3p battery size is 1665Wh, or they do a 100V wheel with at least 1800Wh.

What about 116v to split the difference?  Beat the 100v Nik but keep it lighter than a 126v system.  Keep the 70kph top speed of the S20 by reducing the torque a little.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Rollin-on-1 said:

What about 116v to split the difference?  Beat the 100v Nik but keep it lighter than a 126v system.  Keep the 70kph top speed of the S20 by reducing the torque a little.

Some torque feel would be recovered by the reduction in tire size.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...