Begode Rs Resolute, the first EUC using LFP battery chemistry?

• 3 weeks later...

Someone claims to have one.

Quote:

I’m not sure what to give people when doing a video so forgive me for whatever you hate. Just wanted to just finally get some kind of video out. No official speed and range test. Just showing a quick ride and feel of the wheel. Did a little Euc burnout, lift cutoff no load, and use of the lift cutoff switch. And for the people asking about my speakers touching the ground I hope you can see the ground clearance. It totally works out. Even in tight turns. From the information I’m getting this should be the first ever video of a Resolute. I’m not by any means trying to promote this wheel. It’s just the wheel I bought with no relevant info online. I just can’t understand why you can find videos on an Airwheel but nothing on the Resolute. Hopefully this will help change that. Anyway, enjoy.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
5 hours ago, wheeler said:

are there any known fires for EUCs with LFP batteries?

I think these are the ones with LFP:

begode RS

inventist solowheel classic

inventist soloweel extreme

inventist solowheel scorpion

no fire only smoke

• 2 months later...
On 3/22/2022 at 9:56 AM, Freestyler said:

The RS LFP edition, includes a SOC (state of charge) in its bluetooth packets ;) 

That was expected of course, since you cannot calculate SOC from voltage in LFP (the discharge is not linear).

I just ordered AR's overstock, I was hoping to preserve the LiFePo battery system. AR is vague about what the issue with charging these were, I read that quite a few of them would stop accepting a charge after 2 min.

Does anyone have any suggestions, or advice on the matter? seems futile if the charger cant tell the state of charge, not sure how some people seemed to be able to charge, just luck?

Im wondering if using a hyper charger to manually charge at a lower current, lower amps, could that possibly mitigate this issue in any way.

• 3 weeks later...

Another issue that people have speculated, which seems like a fundimental flaw, in 3 series, these cells only deliver 27amps max, (18a cont.) compared to ~50a, 60a, even 80amp max output of other cells used in the MSX-MSP-RS, also the motor is rated at 3000w, 1000w higher than the msx, 400w more than the msp ht, that could also be why these batteries were failing, the motor was demanding way too much from them. Also, people susspect that breaking could be overvolting these cells which LFP are particularly sensitive to. esp since the soc sits consistantly high up all the time. so something to be aware of when you are riding this wheel. ride it to the performance of a tesla and you should be fine I guess.

Regarding the Charging Mod pictured above:

Athough the pictures infer, through text, I dont picture the wiring (3 wires) that leads from the inside of the charge port pins, leading to the rerouteded internal wiring adaptor.  I dont have a picture to show the wiring from the 3 internal Gx20 pins to mt60 (you can use any 3pin connector).

you would use your choice of 3 pin connector there. I got fancy and used a slightly more descrete mt60 connector for that tighter spaced area, when I could have just continued to use the same MR60 connectors that I had laying around, from wiring up the connections to the batteries that use them.

Supply list:

- Multi-meter
- Soldering iron
- Solder
- Flux
- Female GX-20 3pin (maybe an extra)
- 2 female xt-60 connectors (might want extra)
- 3 male xt-60 connectors (might want extra)
- 3 male MR60 connectors
- Shrink tube
- 2 meters if red 12 awg marine grade silicone stranded wire
- 1 meter of 14 awg marine grade silicone stranded wire, you can get away with 16awg, not great for the fastest you can charge this at 18amps.
- Or you can probably be fine using 10ft of 14 awg red/black for everything instead
- Wire nuts
- Electrical tape.
- Two 58.4v LiFePo chargers, 5, 10, or up to 15, even 20 amps. Aliexpress are going to be half the price over amazon.

• Like 1