EUC Alarm app: hear your Gotway/Begode wheel beeps!

56 minutes ago, Seba said:

World will recognize the proxy and connect to it, then both app will do some handshake (like sending target protocol id, BD name, BD address to the EUC World), then both apps will switch to target (wheel native) protocol.

will this work ok for auto re-connections? Maybe it is cleaner to have the target id, DB name, BD address to a custom service/characteristics, it existing indicating that this is a proxy device?

another simple way to detect proxy existence is to check if the device is "private-resolvable", as this is what android uses when creating bt advertizing.
I do it this way for detecting supercurio's proxy, if the BTaddr stored is private, I will scan for a new BTAddr based on name stored on every connection, else I will use the BTAddr stored. 

Edited by enaon
  • Like 3

43 minutes ago, Seba said:

Should work, especially if the party requesting a handshake will be EUC World.

nice, I agree it will have the complication of the proxy needing to monitor state and revert to handshake mode on disconnect, then on native after completion of handshake. If you like the extra service idea it may be simpler to implement, I think it was yours in the first place. 

Any preference/recommendations as to the service number we should use?

I am using ffa0 for some things I am playing with now, eucLights, this sounds ok?

we could say ffa0 is the service
ffa1 :Maker/protocol_ID, string

ffa2 :BTAddr: string

ffa3: BTName: string

we could also add a service with notifications enabled for connection state, in case we do not want to close the proxy on disconnects, but still have the client informed. 

Edited by enaon
  • Like 2

I've used this app together with euc world and speed guardian. Both euc world and euc alarm goes on before my speed guardian. Speed Guardian is just an extension to the beeper inside the wheel which means euc alarm beeps before 80%?

2 hours ago, Alexutlang said:

I've used this app together with euc world and speed guardian. Both euc world and euc alarm goes on before my speed guardian. Speed Guardian is just an extension to the beeper inside the wheel which means euc alarm beeps before 80%?

That's pretty unexpected. I would guess that the firmware you have (is it a custom firmware Begode made for your Monster Pro in the end?) informs of the beeps at a lower PWM over Bluetooth than to the real beeper.
Such a strange bug.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Alexutlang said:

Your device is an RF buzzer extender, so it will be slower than an RF BT client with a buzzer. 

This is because Gotways report the alarm on the BT register before they take the buzzer pin to active on the firmware level, some 300 ms difference.

Edited by enaon
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, supercurio said:

@Seba @enaon noted, I'll look into what you both suggested early next week.

please remember the KS scan too, 0xfff0 is the service, that should do, names start with KS- if you want to filter based on that. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Freestyler said:

Please let me write you a custom firmware with the PWM exposed in the main Bluetooth packets.

It pains me to see you riding beyond the beeps without knowing how much above the 80% you actually are. 😁

My speed guardian copy the same beep sound as the beeper. And based on my experience I can go max 10kph more after the 1st beep. I've been doing this since my V1 sherman in July 2020 so far no cut out yet😁🤞

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, supercurio said:

That's pretty unexpected. I would guess that the firmware you have (is it a custom firmware Begode made for your Monster Pro in the end?) informs of the beeps at a lower PWM over Bluetooth than to the real beeper.
Such a strange bug.

Yeah I think it's a custom firmware. I  received 10 firmware updates from begode to match my new motherboard to old motor with large bearings.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2022 at 2:44 PM, supercurio said:

Ah yes I didn't think of that one because I've been using the follow-connect - automatically connecting when EUC World does.
In that case I think there could be two functionalities:

Auto-connect on:

• app startup
  • main activity launch
  • main activity resume

I think you meant what I list here as main activity launch. App startup might occur as little as once every month as the app remains in background.
On main activity resume, I'm not sure, it could get annoying, probably not worth it.

This one will make usage nicer for a bunch of users! Simple and great addition.

Gonna ask again :P

Is that part of the update still in the works? 

Me & the guys also want the app to connect to the last used wheel. This is in my honest opinion a must for the next release!!

• Thanks 1

So Ticwris Max GPS reception is a bit shakey making it not the best tour recording device, can't wait for the proxy functionality to solve this. 😁

• Thanks 1

I really love this App but i experience one Huge problem : IT disconnects or say better it simply dissapears in the notification bar after 10-15 Minutes of riding (No reconnecting attempts or something Happen)....its simply gone and i have No clue why....otherwise IT works....tryed with and without checking the Proxy boxes multiple Times....

EUC World Runs parallel and stays connected whole time and so my pebble too....

I Ride a gotway ex and use a one plus Nord Android Phone (1-2 years old)

• Thanks 1

@onkeldanuel thanks for the report, it's a problem indeed since it's expected to remain active persistently.
It's due to a non-standard, overly aggressive resource saving implemented by OnePlus.

Would you be able to try each method described on the dontkillmyapp page here?
Hopefully, the Battery optimization exclusion will be enough to do the trick.

Once you find which one, or the combination which stops the OnePlus OS to kill the app, it'll be good to add that to instructions, or add some code to make it happen automatically if any. Since EUC World handles that as you mentions, it shows it's possible. (I don't have access to this device tho)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, onkeldanuel said:

Thx very much! I think it works now! I had not found this Akku optimization Tab....great!

So that was the "System settings > Battery > Battery optimization" setting? I'll make the app request if not available it then, like most other apps running in the background.

21 minutes ago, supercurio said:

So that was the "System settings > Battery > Battery optimization" setting? I'll make the app request if not available it then, like most other apps running in the background.

Yes exactly, and then choose "not optimize" for EUC Alarm

• Thanks 1

On 5/22/2022 at 10:41 PM, supercurio said:

Just a reminder if you can take a look at this when you have some time over, would be super appreciated! :)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 5/22/2022 at 10:41 PM, supercurio said:

Bump again, any chance you have some time to look into this? My Ticwris watch is begging to be used 😁

Thanks for the bump. I still plan to spend a month or two continuing working on the app, and will rename it EUC Toolkit, adding more features which are not strictly Alarm related.

I'll add support for KingSong wheels too, as the S22 is a dangerous wheel without a solid software alarm configuration.

My bad for giving an ETA tho, I'm adjusting priorities based on many parameters for what's urgent and I also need myself. But yeah, I'll get there 😄

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2022 at 1:34 PM, supercurio said:

Thanks for the bump. I still plan to spend a month or two continuing working on the app, and will rename it EUC Toolkit, adding more features which are not strictly Alarm related.

I'll add support for KingSong wheels too, as the S22 is a dangerous wheel without a solid software alarm configuration.

My bad for giving an ETA tho, I'm adjusting priorities based on many parameters for what's urgent and I also need myself. But yeah, I'll get there 😄

someone got the S22 to work with the proxy to the watch, so I thought, "he did it"

it turns out it was due to the the s22 announcing the gotway/veteran service, regardless of using the KS one 

so you can add s22 to the supported wheels  :D

Edited by enaon