EUC Alarm app: hear your Gotway/Begode wheel beeps!

Salut @supercurio

Thank you for this excellent app. Tested by lifting and free-spinning my T4. It seems to work flawlessly.

Maybe I'm not using it correctly, but when switching off the wheel, is there a mean to automatically disconnect (with the service looking to reconnection still active). The reconnection "heartbeat" is a bit annoying...

I've tried with Tasker, but if Autonotification Intercept can see the notifications (from "daemon" and main app), the profile never get active.

10 hours ago, RolluS said:

Maybe I'm not using it correctly, but when switching off the wheel, is there a mean to automatically disconnect (with the service looking to reconnection still active). The reconnection "heartbeat" is a bit annoying...

I've tried with Tasker, but if Autonotification Intercept can see the notifications (from "daemon" and main app), the profile never get active.

Thanks, happy to hear it works for you!

Yes I get a few requests about this one, it's tricky. In order to be reliable, the disconnection alert must be persistent: then you know with reasonable certainty:

• Disconnection alert can be heard: ⚠️ the beep relays are not active! watch out.
    It can be cause by the bluetooth signal being obstructed, an issue with Android or the phone hardware.
  • Disconnection alert is gone: nice, everything works as normal.

EUC Alarm wheel connection has an extra action called "disconnect wheel": that's the one to use when turning off the wheel. It has to be done manually, there's no way to know if the connection is lost accidentally or intentionally because the wheel shut off.

The real fix is to have an improved wireless protocol which will indicate that a wheel a user-triggered shutdown, so that all alarms stop at the same time. That's why I want to contribute to a standard we design together, and a part of why I tried to create a relationship with OEMs.

In the meantime, I'll check if it's possible to improve the notification so it's easier to tell EUC Alarm that the disconnection is intentional, but without risking accidentally disabling the alert with false presses due to rain/pocket.

• Like 1

Thank you for your answer, make sense.

Maybe combine with GPS speed (or other API) to know if the phone if moving or not. If not moving, and wheel disconnected, chances are that the disconnection is user-triggered.

I think the notification is quite fine actually.

• Like 1

@RolluS I quite like the idea of using the GPS speed as condition for the wheel disconnection alert, it's a clever solution.

For the tech demo releases I chose to not use GPS at all in order to make the app extremely low power for these who like the option, but later I will also use this API, then it'll allow to be smarter like in your example. Nice one!

• Like 1

You're welcome, I can sometimes count my ideas rate in Hz, but there is lot of noise haha.

I think that if GPS is used only to check if BT loss is user related, it shall not cost lot of battery.

Another Idea is a secondary bluetooth device: some riders use BT headset, BT speakers, etc.. For example in my own case, BT from my helmet (Android Auto + Intercom) is lost before the wheel , whereas it's unlikely to be lost during riding (because AA keep bluetooth audio). (I "undress" my bike helmet entering in a building, but use the trolley until my destination)

So: BT device OR GPS Speed lost AND wheel BT lost = disconnect activity.

Edited by RolluS
  • Like 1

Hehe I can relate, I can't really stop the idea generator either which can be challenging when it's time to sleep 😅

Good point, in that case GPS could be enabled only when needing to check if the connection was lost but the rider is still moving.
Losing connection to the BT speaker is where I plan to add an extra safety for instance, where the phone would vibrate insistently. Goal would be to prevent someone missing alerts because the BT speaker/headset ran out of battery. So I had an different idea about that (design by maximum safety as default or only config)

Edited by supercurio
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, supercurio said:

So I had an different idea about that (design by maximum safety as default or only config)

It could be a config checked by default.

I use a helmet with Android Auto HUD. It may lose battery and connection, but in this case I would lose audio and video and be visually noticed.
As I switch of my helmet entering a building or shop, but still walking with the trolley, it would annoy me to have a sex toy in the pocket.

Maybe for alarms a dropdown menu coud be used: "{Wheel,Audio} BT lost alarm muted by"

• Speed (GPS/Step sensor)
  • GPS Only (needs location permission)
  • Step only (needs Fit/body sensor permission)
  • Both BT lost
  • Enforced off (warning: take care of your safety)

Edited by RolluS
layout
  • Like 1

Ok, here is a proof of concept with tasker:

When EUC Alarm Is Connected, Tasker launch EUC World

When EUC Alarm exit "Is Connected" profile", it launch ActivityTask analysis.

Screenshot_20221010-132633.thumb.png.11f190365444150b985a54f40b723173.png

When Tasker Intercept EUC Alarm reconnection notification, it waits for Bluetooth disconnection:

Screenshot_20221010-132652.png

and Walking or Still activity

Screenshot_20221010-134107.thumb.png.f64b03ca86f73445427fed6b7d1d1e7d.png

Then it disconnects EUC Alarm by clicking its notification and stops Activity Analysis

Edited by RolluS
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Lefteris said:

Worthwhile to try to replicate to MacroDroid ?

It depends, actually it presents a proof of concept that @supercuriomay or not take into account for next version, based on the idea to use GPS or Activity sensor to mute the connection lost alarm.
Basically, what this do is to disconnect EUC Alarm from the wheel if rider is walking or standing still, and the BT Audio is disconnected. If you feel the need for such a feature you may replicate.

Be warned that it has not been tested in real world and might inadvertently disconnect EUC Alarm app.

Edited by RolluS
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, RolluS said:

I'm not killing it, just clicking on this:

I'd also like that and i'm a MacroDroid user, so i'll try porting it.

Cause i too shut down the wheel (sherman) for e.g. stairs, and then it beeps like crazy!

• Like 1

I understand.

I think I use Tasker for 10+ years now and doesn't know other similar apps. Even with tasker, I have to use (paid) plugins to achieve notification interception and notification actions.
From a quick search, it seems doable: 

You may also push for this feature request so it is developped by Supercurio directly in the app ;)

• Like 1