Mango

14 minutes ago, OldFartRides said:

I wanted to charge my s18 “unattended” , so I took it to the back yard, covered wheel and charger with a galvanized wash tub in case of rain and went on my merry way.

galvanized wash tub, keter outdoor storage max, like is being delivered today, maybe, who knows with fedex, will all produce about a 20' foot high blow torch blaze, hot as hades, so be sure it's far away from any combustibles. like a wetted plowed vacant quarter acre or so. i know first hand. 

i'm living offgrid and in my container right now i have 5k or so of wh batteries in here with me, between my powerstation and wheels, all made in china, better than viet nam, and yeah it is a concern, but i was also told i only had 2160 hours to live almost 9 years ago, so i have other concerns greater. but i don't want to endanger Bob. he's smart, he prefers outdoors and if inside, he sleeps next to the door by his choice. he may know something i don't. there is a strong electrical smell that these appliances emit.

• Sad 1

Just now, Funky said:

And while it was sitting there - some ants started to build a nest onto your motherboard. :D 

that is funny and all so true. fucking ants are everywhere! most hvac service calls are bull ants fried in the contacts. they love electricity.

• Like 1

my wheels were shipped wrapped in plastic with dessicant inside. 

that is gonna be my approach to storing the wheels outside in our florida humidity. 

should be what i do with anything in florida, inside or outside, our humidity will rust and ruin anything that oxidizes. 

waiting for gaston glock to build euc's might be a long wait. and even his shit will rust. not the tenifer finish though.

Edited by novazeus

5 minutes ago, Paul A said:

Implementing Gotway / Begode Safety Recommendations!

Aug 1, 2021

Duf 

haha, that is hilarious! i hope everyone knows that duf is being sarcastic. a woman just killed herself and badly injured her son throwing gasoline on a fire.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

yup, living offgrid, not by choice, not mine anyway, maybe the rat's or God's choice, in this situation managing this 325 acre ranch by my lonesome, for almost 9 years after my urologist told me hospice was the only thing they could do for me at usf medical for my late stage terminal cancer, and i'd probably have about three months to live. terminal cancer isn't a cold. u don't get over terminal cancer, u go to hospice and die.

anyway, batteries are gonna be part of my life for the foreseeable future, haha, but take my perspective with a grain of salt, this is all a free look for me. i ceased being human 9 years ago. everything changes when u realize death is imminent. 

thank God for Bob Marley, my son, he is my shepherd. 

so euc's and this forum and learning everything i can about batteries is twofold. picking brains is what i do. when u build the most expensive homes on planet earth, u can't be an expert in every trade, u gotta learn to read the cliff notes from other human's brains, and i've found humans that have pride in their workmanship are very happy to educate ne. the other ones, not so much.

plus, if i make it, i'll be 69 in april, so if cancer doesn't get me, a cow or something else will, it's crazy dangerous living in the wild.

i'm different. offgrid, unplugged.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, novazeus said:

like ray charles said,

“Live each day like it's your last, 'cause one day you gonna be right”

Good motto, I'm just gonna stop going to work because if it's my last day what's the point. 🤣

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, novazeus said:

as long as we keep awarding companies like gotway/begode with our cash, from a business standpoint, they'd be stupid to change their ways.

haha, if i follow gotway/begode's advice, exactly where am i suppose to keep this firestarter!

i'm not an attorney, but i bet u if u buy a mten4 and it burns down ur apt bldg, and there are injuries and deaths, everybody is getting sued. especially the owner if he/she has any assets.

i meam, wtf! how would i feel if i bought one and it burst into flames and injured Bob?

i'm not rewarding companies with so little faith in their product. idk how jason can even sell them, to be honest, i couldn't.

9B260C3C-2EF8-420D-9080-E6DFBCE2F572.thumb.jpeg.c1f9ee5d19ba6a5378d7327c5e7b4442.jpeg

Not because I own a Begode wheel, nor because I want to start a discussion about what is good or bad, but sentence number 5 is completely relevant whether it is a Begode, Inmotion, Kingsong, Ninebot,  Segway, Leaperkim or whatever. And perhaps it is precisely Begode who should be thanked for writing this kind of thing, where the other producers are simply too wimpy to tell the truth...

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Funky said:

Tanked for writing something "stupid"? Everyone is storing them in their building. Aside of some few, who have actually built some "fire" storage. You're regular "Joe" will not do that. People who bought EUC and simply ride it, they don't read EUC forums or watch EUC videos.

Same thing about changing batteries each 1 year. Who in right mind will do that. Ofc if gotway offers free battery exchanges then it's okey.. Otherwise they can F off.

Luckily all newer models haven't had problems with batteries. (Then again they are pretty new.. Not so many miles, abuse done.)

Sometimes reality is real stupid ;)  About the same as if I ever have to take an elevator and a guy comes in carrying a e-scooter or an EUC. Then I'm the one who gets out and waits for the next ride.  But that is a completely different story.  Of course, asking people to sacrifice a thousand dollars once a year for new batteries is not right.  But for me it's just a way of saying; This thing is dangerous, if you want to play with it, there is a risk that we cannot prevent.  But we can tell you how to minimize the risk.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

being raised in the country, almost 69 years ago, i've seen lots of fires, we had huge bonfire parties. never saw a blaze like this. except for me losing tools and God knows what else, the house was being used as a barn.

u can probably tell where the 9bs2, z10 and 1554 wh ks 18s were parked. notice i didn't say euc fire but iguarantee u, it wouldn't have been as severe, had the eucs not been stored in there. just saying, 

this could be u, living on the edge, haha.

Edited by novazeus
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

24 minutes ago, Robse said:

Sometimes reality is real stupid ;)  About the same as if I ever have to take an elevator and a guy comes in carrying a e-scooter or an EUC. Then I'm the one who gets out and waits for the next ride.  

Why? In case of fire you could sue him for all his worth. Ofc if you don't get cooked. :D 

24 minutes ago, Robse said:

But for me it's just a way of saying; This thing is dangerous, if you want to play with it, there is a risk that we cannot prevent.  But we can tell you how to minimize the risk.

Manufacturers could prevent any danger of fire. Simply build something for it, better design.. But that would cost a lot of money... We simply chose to go cheaper option.

V13 has somewhat right idea. But could be even better.

• Like 1

It is right that they warn us, but as mentioned, what they suggest for mitigation is practically unachievable, prohibitively expensive, and no-one's gonna do it, apart from maybe the 'fire wall' thing.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Funky said:

Why? In case of fire you could sue him for all his worth. Ofc if you don't get cooked. :D 

Manufacturers could prevent any danger of fire. Simply build something for it, better design.. But that would cost a lot of money... We simply chose to go cheaper option.

V13 has somewhat right idea. But could be even better.

Sue?  to make a famous quote:  "Tell me, Mr. Anderson. What good is a phone call, if you're unable… to speak"   what good is money, when your body is half destroyed?.  Oh, the V13 will burn too,  right conditions given.  Lithium cells are shit.

• Thanks 1