Mango

2 hours ago, Clem604 said:

You're a really negative person, I suspect most people here would agree.

Negative - i can even agree. :D But i at least don't live in La La land. And see world and its people, for what they are.

All first batch wheel have had problems. I'm not even making things up.

54 minutes ago, MrMonoWheel said:

Yep, I have been ignoring him because everything he says is negative and pessimistic, doesn't add to the conversation at all. Like bro if you hate this wheel so much why are you in this thread.

I just see life in different way. Aka - pointless and meaningless. :efeffe9e4a:

3 minutes ago, LowFlyingSquirrel said:

Not really production versions.

Yeah, that would be true.  But the full production run for customers isn't exactly a beta test version, a lot of the bugs have been ironed out.  I suspect the quality of the production wheels will be pretty good and far from 'a lemon' as one poster suggested.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Funky said:

All first batch wheel have had problems. I'm not even making things up.

But despite issues that led to improvements, my first batch RS is still fine with ZERO costs for repairs or maintenance and I have not had a need to add the display screen the newer versions gained and I haven't replaced my bearings despite that being something that got changed in newer batches.  Despite some issues that got improved on in newer batches my RS was not "a lemon" and I doubt the buyers of the first batch of V13 wheels will get "a lemon" either.

I watched the Speedy Feet video and he was actually riding the wheel.  Yes it is actually getting used like it is a useful thing rather than a lemon, despite being a batch 1 wheel. Amazing, I know.

21 minutes ago, KiwiMark said:

But despite issues that led to improvements, my first batch RS is still fine with ZERO costs for repairs or maintenance and I have not had a need to add the display screen the newer versions gained and I haven't replaced my bearings despite that being something that got changed in newer batches.  Despite some issues that got improved on in newer batches my RS was not "a lemon" and I doubt the buyers of the first batch of V13 wheels will get "a lemon" either.

I watched the Speedy Feet video and he was actually riding the wheel.  Yes it is actually getting used like it is a useful thing rather than a lemon, despite being a batch 1 wheel. Amazing, I know.

Yeah RS. What year release was that wheel?(Don't really know.) Anything released past 2020 have had some kind problems. Weak burning motherboards, slipping motors, not working as intended wheels, etc.. It's like wheels are getting better, but quality control is getting worse.. Like come on. If one wants a decent wheel - he needs to buy 3rd, 4th batch wheel. It's like a given fact/rule now.

Mark my words! V13 will have some kind big/small issue. -Then i will laugh to myself. :D 

Oh and RS is like my dream wheel. It's perfect weight/speed/power/tire size combo. But sadly i hated the rats nest insides, bad waterproofing on it and side mounted mobo.

Edited by Funky

1 hour ago, KiwiMark said:

Quality may not be that great, but it is a good performing wheel for the price.  It was released in 2020.  I don't commute on mine and avoid riding it in the rain.  If I want to ride a wheel in the rain then I'll wait until my V12HT arrives, at least that one is IP rated.  My last ride was over 65km and was hitting on the range limit with the battery showing below 10% while riding, but that is the first time I've gone below 10% so it has done the job for me well during the last ~26 months.  I'm looking forward to trying my V12HT, partly because Inmotion tend to manufacture to better quality standards and I want to see how the quality compares.

The negatives you mention are valid, but for many riders that don't ride in the rain and have never opened up their RS - there has been no effect on their enjoyment of the wheel due to those things.  I see the V11 as a good wheel, but the speed is less than I'd be happy with.  There are often pros and cons to consider before buying a wheel, you need to ensure what you spend money on is going to fit well with your use case.  It gets much harder for those with restrictions like needing the wheel to be light enough to carry it up multiple flights of stairs - people living at ground level may not care as much about weight and therefore they will have more options to consider.  Pretty much every wheel ever made can be ruled out by someone due to some aspect that just won't work for them, that's why a greater variety would be a good thing.  Inmotion for example doesn't have a good option for decent (RS level) performance 18" wheel.  Inmotion also doesn't offer a 16" suspension wheel.  Begode makes more models and it is easier to find whatever you want in their range, but their quality just isn't as good.  That's why a lot of riders are looking at the V13 instead of the Master Pro with better specs (mainly the available range).

You can say that all newer wheels are no good so you wouldn't buy any of them.  Meanwhile there are people buying, riding and enjoying these wheels that you say are no good.  It seems to me that they are having fun and enjoying themselves while you are saying that they bought lemons.  They are happy and you are unhappy - guess which side I'd rather be on!

I never said no where that these new wheels are "no good". I simply said - that there will be problems for first batch users. Same thing keeps happening over and over.. User buys new untested wheel. And then have problems.. I could give two ducks what they do with their money. (I just wanted to remind them about first batch problems.)

And if i said it's bad, etc.. I said: (In my eyes - As for my use case.) Because all new wheels are "useless" for me.   -Aside from already blatantly staring into your face problems, that anyone who has some brain can see the problem. (Like bad design that will break over small amount of use.) Luckily V13 is built somewhat like a tank.

I highlighted some sentences in your post. Red one - is why i don't want/need any of "new" wheels. They offer suspension and big batteries and are well over 60 lbs in weight. Sure i could carry 90lbs weight one handed, but i don't want/need anything those wheels offer - speed/power/range.

Edited by Funky

2 hours ago, KiwiMark said:

my first batch RS is still fine with ZERO costs for repairs or maintenance

To be fair the RS is more like a new batch rather than a new model, that's first started as a 67v wheel many years ago. 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Eyss said:

To be fair the RS is more like a new batch rather than a new model, that's first started as a 67v wheel many years ago. 

First batch Hero has been flawless as well. From the same MSuper evolution as the RS:

1 hour ago, Jkay said:

I suspect InMotion has a very substantial financial stake in the V13, and I am quite sure if they aren’t successful there will be some significant problems for InMotion.  The nay sayers here not withstanding, InMotion has spent a lot of time and resources testing this project.  Not saying there won’t be some problems but quite sure they will be resolved.  If we could not worry about the sky falling and enjoy the state of the art advancements that each of the 3 manufacturers currently produce, bet we would advance more quickly. 

YMMV

I tend to be a lot more optimistic than most people, so take what I say with a grain of salt. But in my opinion theres no reason why the V13 wont be perfect from the get go (barring the shitty V11 suspension rail system).

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, MrMonoWheel said:

But in my opinion theres no reason why the V13 wont be perfect from the get go (barring the shitty V11 suspension rail system).

The one reason I can think of is that 'perfect' isn't achievable... by any product, in any category, at any price. Somebody will always find something that could be better, someone else will get a lemon, and like armpits everyone has at least two opinions (and they all stink).

Unless the V13 did away with firmware, there's no chance in hades. Do recall the great and immutable truth:

Hardware will break.
       Software comes broken.

[unknown]

• Upvote 2

https://www.autoguide.com/toyota-extended-warranty/

Nov 25, 2022

Toyota Extended Warranty:

Every new Toyota vehicle comes with a 3-year/36,000-mile bumper-to-bumper warranty.

But for drivers who want to extend that coverage, the company offers additional protection for up to 10 years/125,000 miles.

Toyota offers several coverage options to help drivers avoid surprise expensive repair bills and maintain peace of mind.

Maybe EUC manufacturers could offer the same.

42 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

The one reason I can think of is that 'perfect' isn't achievable... by any product, in any category, at any price. Somebody will always find something that could be better, someone else will get a lemon, and like armpits everyone has at least two opinions (and they all stink).

Unless the V13 did away with firmware, there's no chance in hades. Do recall the great and immutable truth:

Hardware will break.
       Software comes broken.

[unknown]

Semantics. By perfect I meant a wheel that will be reliable and durable without the board exploding or the motor shitting the bed. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, KiwiMark said:

Yeah, that would be true.  But the full production run for customers isn't exactly a beta test version, a lot of the bugs have been ironed out.  I suspect the quality of the production wheels will be pretty good and far from 'a lemon' as one poster suggested.

That what we should expect. But unfortunately experience has lead many to be expect otherwise.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LowFlyingSquirrel said:

That what we should expect. But unfortunately experience has lead many to be expect otherwise.

This may be a good opportunity for InMotion to change the trend of poor quality, problematic "1st batch" wheels although that remains to be seen. I'm an optimist and I want all EUC manufacturer's to get their shit together. I'm hoping they will at some point and IMO the V13 may be a step in the right direction. 

Edited by Clem604
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, Impoy47 said:

C'mon man, why you keep on sh#!ing on other people's parade? You must love trolling on all the threads? the duck is wrong with you? You can duck yourself. Ducking killjoy...

Whoa calm your tits. It was a friendly reminder that almost all new wheels have problems at beginning. :D Haven't trolled once. 

Knowing Inmotion i can bet it will have problems with mosfets.. Doesn't help that V13 has how many of them now 40? Takes only one to get a lemon. -We can ONLY HOPE they have learned from V12 mistakes.. By having more the load is spread more evenly true all of them, but same time if one isn't installed "right" all wheel goes to shit. And by having 40 of them that chance goes pretty high up.

Maybe they will install them differently, so in installation process they can't mess something up. -Only time will show.

Also Duck you and a happy shet year. :cheers: Dam people have gotten so soft. Touchy-Touchy. Feely-Feely..

Edited by Funky
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, UPONIT said:

v13 mileage.jpg

This is from Johnnygovroom and Rob Fail's recent Master PRo/V13 nightride video.

Seems more realistic.

Yeah, i kinda find it impressive to see who can get flat out for the longest to get the least range lol. Wonder if 5 km up some massive hill somewhere would be possible. 😆 

With those figures, 64-80 km = 44-35 Wh/km at 2800 Wh rated discharge capacity. And 29-25 Wh/km with 96-112 km. Wonder what speeds thats at.

Edited by LowFlyingSquirrel
  • Like 1