Mango

V13 is more expensive than a Honda Grom motorcycle, 125cc, top speed around 73mph, 231 pounds.

Are EUCs getting overpriced?

https://www.ewheels.com/product/inmotion-v13-1000-deposit/

Ewheels
Inmotion V13.
Early-bird preorder price $3,999

Huntington Beach Honda
2022 Honda Grom

MSRP $3,399

2000000001.jpg

9 minutes ago, Paul A said:

V13 is more expensive than a Honda Grom motorcycle, 125cc, top speed around 73mph, 231 pounds.

Are EUCs getting overpriced?

Apples to oranges comparison. 

Comparing Electric Wheels to other PEV's or electric motorcycles would be more reasonable. 

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

You need a drivers license to operate the Honda.  The EUC only demands a little talent for reckless riding, and there ya go !  In the end this option for high speed like an MC is what will cause us all lots of legislative trouble in the future.     But in spite of this, i want one , as soon as they strip it down to max 40 kg.  :D

• Like 1

If:

V13 has 3024 Wh battery capacity

And the batteries used are Samsung 50E, 21700, 5000mAh, 3.6V...............Wh = Amps x Volts......5 x 3.6 = 18 Wh per battery

Then 3024 / 18 = 168 batteries

And each battery costs $4.25 USD

Then 168 x 4.25 = $714  USD cost of batteries

https://www.imrbatteries.com/samsung-50e-21700-5000mah-9-8a-battery/

Samsung 50E battery specifications and retail bulk pricing of purchase of 520 ($4.25 USD) or more batteries

The cost of batteries using these data sources is $714 USD.

V13 is priced at $4000 USD.

37 minutes ago, 360rumors said:

The Honda Grom price is misleading because there are dealer prep fees and other fees.  The out the door price is closer to $5,000.  But yes I've wondered the same thing too.  My only justification is that perhaps Honda is much more efficient and able to produce the Grom in much larger volumes to achieve economies of scale.

Here is an example. Look at the Mini Cooper S, 3 doors. The EV version costs more.

If you don't assess the value, you might as well be the pig going to slaughter. Lowers prices and better value makes barrier to entry lower for more people, which means better market conditions for manufacturers to produce more and in return will benefit consumers with more choices and better value.

4 hours ago, Paul A said:

If:

V13 has 3024 Wh battery capacity

And the batteries used are Samsung 50E, 21700, 5000mAh, 3.6V...............Wh = Amps x Volts......5 x 3.6 = 18 Wh per battery

Then 3024 / 18 = 168 batteries

And each battery costs $4.25 USD

Then 168 x 4.25 = $714  USD cost of batteries

I thought the V13 was using 18650 batteries?

• Upvote 1

@Paradox

I thought the V13 was using 18650 batteries?

On 8/18/2022 at 11:10 AM, techyiam said:

eWheels is offering the choices of Samsung 50E and 40T, but the 40T comes with 1kWh less battery capacity. But no Li-Tech.

Edited by Paul A

2 hours ago, The Brahan Seer said:

Its whoever wants to own the pig who decides the price.

For the more common breeds - perhaps, but generally not for the champion stock; wanting is not the same as owning.  🤔😳😆

• Like 1

V13 has 3024 Wh battery capacity.

Samsung 35E, 18650, 3500 mAh, 3.6 V.......Wh = Amps x Volts......3.5 x 3.6 = 12.6 Wh per battery

3024 / 12.6 = 240 batteries

Retail bulk purchase price for Samsung 35E is $3.95 USD

Then 240 x 3.95 = $948 USD cost of batteries

https://www.imrbatteries.com/samsung-35e-18650-3500mah-8a-battery/

Samsung 35E specifications and retail bulk buy price.

2 hours ago, Freeforester said:

For the more common breeds - perhaps, but generally not for the champion stock; wanting is not the same as owning.  🤔😳😆

You misunderstood my comment. Champion stock price is derived by what people are willing to pay for it too. Whether that price is high or low is of no consequence. I imagine they usually sell for a high price but the market dictates that and I'm sure someone offering more than what you ask will not be refused.

Ultimately its what a buyer is prepared to pay. In an auction it certainly isn't the seller dictating the price either. But we digress...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Brahan Seer said:

You misunderstood my comment. Champion stock price is derived by what people are willing to pay for it too. Whether that price is high or low is of no consequence. I imagine they usually sell for a high price but the market dictates that and I'm sure someone offering more than what you ask will not be refused.

Ultimately its what a buyer is prepared to pay. In an auction it certainly isn't the seller dictating the price either. But we digress...

Perhaps I did, but don’t forget the aspect which determines champions from the rest - relative scarcity value; it is true that run of the herd stock will settle at generally market dictated prices, however this does neither impact nor tend to lessen the premium offered for a premium product of relative scarcity or indeed niche commodity. Limited editions are never knowingly undersold. The auction is a function of the marketplace, ie the price the winning bid closes upon dictates the top price someone is willing to pay (-not unlike an airfreighted wheel for the cash rich but time poor/impatient buyer); most EUC’s are not sold at auction, however, and if the shop retailer is offering goods of limited quantities and perceived high quality (think any top of the range items), then the vendor is able to offer these at good margin, assured that the relative scarcity value means there will be sufficient demand to satisfy the relatively limited supply. Manufacturers often also have a say in the floor price.

To consider that the V13 may be available from any dealer offering after sales service backup at anything other than a premium is all well and good, but I wouldn’t bet the farm on it, much less hold my breath until such time that it transpires, but time will tell. So far it does not seem to be a lemon,  and as and when this wheel is confirmed that it is indeed a great cruiser, the price will be determined accordingly, along with the value accorded by those buying. I don’t see it being offered at a knockdown price in the autumn sales next year, but again who knows?

Edited by Freeforester
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1