Mango

12 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

Please tell me thatโ€™s a typo!

I have been riding like that for some months now.

Incidentally, the tire on the V12 is much, much stiffer than the stock tire on the Abrams. Although, the Abrams had a motorcycle tire size, I can pinch the side wall like it is a bicycle tire. The V12 has a tube-type scooter tire. I have a tubeless scooter tire that is even stiffer.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, InfiniteWheelie said:

I commend you for using the correct name, electric wheel! More on topic though, LeaperKim wheels don't have PWM tilt-back.

Thanks for the tilt-back info.

Yeah, I am also in favor of getting rid of the unicycle notion from the name.ย 

Edited by techyiam

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

Same thing happened to me by accident on the V12 ! VERY comfy and controllable even at speed with the original tire! Not recommended for jumping of course...

ย 

Sorry, digression...

Edited by pico

6 hours ago, techyiam said:

Iโ€™ve seen enough torn inner tubes due to super low pressure even at 20 psi. 15 psi is not enough to hold the tire in place. It will rotate and tear the tube from the valve.

The C1488 has very thick sidewalls, but the center of the tire is much thinner.ย 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Unicycle Santa said:

Yep I submitted a cancellation for the Sherman S but the AliExpress seller never cancelled it, so yesterday I decided to just go through with it and keep it (for now).

Dam you are very brave. I salute to you sir.

Buying euc without warranty. And possibility not even getting it. :Dย 

1 hour ago, Unicycle Santa said:

I was unknowingly riding my v11 with 19 psi and hit a bunch of stairs. The rim looks drunk now.

Does that mean you have to get one of those heavily discounted wheels as a gap filler?ย 

Edited by techyiam

22 minutes ago, Funky said:

Well, there were a few nice folks who chimed in and shared their positive experiences. It's not completely blind. And if you are an already happy shopper on Aliexpress.com, then it's not that big a stretch. Plus he can do his own wrenching.

4 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Iโ€™ve seen enough torn inner tubes due to super low pressure even at 20 psi. 15 psi is not enough to hold the tire in place. It will rotate and tear the tube from the valve.

The C1488 has very thick sidewalls, but the center of the tire is much thinner.ย 

Thanks for the heads up.ย 

I have one happened to me. In my case, I used too much lube, and the pressure was around 25 psi. Plus it was a cheap inner tube and a size too small.

What I find that is critical is to remove the lube, if any was used. And use a properly sized inner tube. The tire now is probably below 15 psi, but it hasn't budged yet.

1 hour ago, Funky said:

I have been shopping on AliExpress for years spending anything from a few cents to a few thousand dollars, and I've never had a single bad experience. The seller has great feedback and is very communicative, also a few people on here and in my telegram groups have bought through them without issue. Warranty wise it's the same as anywhere else, parts might just take anl bit longer to get.

ย 

Does that mean you have to get one of those heavily discounted wheels as a gap filler?ย 

Gap filler? Not sure what you mean. I've been looking for a new wheel for a while now, and would like to take advantage of the deals I can get to grab a nice speedy wheel.

Well, there were a few nice folks who chimed in and shared their positive experiences. It's not completely blind. And if you are an already happy shopper on Aliexpress.com, then it's not that big a stretch. Plus he can do his own wrenching.

Yeah to me buying this from AliExpress is no different than Amazon, tbh ebay is worse than AliExpress in my experience. And yeah I work on all my stuff from electronics to vehicles, so this is nothing.ย 

26 minutes ago, Unicycle Santa said:

Gap filler? Not sure what you mean. I've been looking for a new wheel for a while now, and would like to take advantage of the deals I can get to grab a nice speedy wheel.

Last year, I needed a second wheel, but I wanted a 2nd gen suspension wheel. I bought a V12 as a gap filler while I waited for the S20/22 to be released. Interestingly enough, the S22 didn't planned out, but the V12 exceeded expectations.ย 

I see. You are happy to ride your V11 as is, until your next wheel arrives.

Just a misunderstanding.ย 

The two you have on preorder are great choices, and at great prices. It looks like you are set.

11 hours ago, techyiam said:

10 hours ago, Unicycle Santa said:

I have been shopping on AliExpress for years spending anything from a few cents to a few thousand dollars, and I've never had a single bad experience. The seller has great feedback and is very communicative, also a few people on here and in my telegram groups have bought through them without issue. Warranty wise it's the same as anywhere else, parts might just take anl bit longer to get.

Yeah i don't like buying already anything more than 1000Euro "online" from within my own country. (Which i will be doing multiple times next year - New PC build.)

And doing that on aliexpress. Where if something goes wrong - seller can simply ghost you and be done... For expensive things - i like to buy them in store. In person.

My whole family have used aliexpress many, many times. Over 1000 times. But still i would not buy anything more than 100$ there.

But that's me.

6 hours ago, Funky said:

Yeah i don't like buying already anything more than 1000Euro "online" from within my own country. (Which i will be doing multiple times next year - New PC build.)

And doing that on aliexpress. Where if something goes wrong - seller can simply ghost you and be done... For expensive things - i like to buy them in store. In person.

My whole family have used aliexpress many, many times. Over 1000 times. But still i would not buy anything more than 100$ there.

But that's me.

For me I paid through paypal with an american express card, so if anything goes wrong first I take it up with AliExpress, then Paypal, and if all else fails Amex (which is known to have the best conflict resolution of any company). Im not concerned.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Tawpie said:

My guess: user installed with adhesive (like the S22).

Marketing's reason: to allow each owner full freedom to make the wheel their own through personalization and customization.

Actual reason: it's cheaper

Adhesive would be difficult to adjust. ย Maybe a mod Velcro option would be better. ย Iโ€™m predicting pre installed power pads on the wheel. ย 

5 hours ago, Josiah said:

Adhesive would be difficult to adjust. ย Maybe a mod Velcro option would be better. ย Iโ€™m predicting pre installed power pads on the wheel. ย 

If I'm not mistaken it was mentioned in one of the Inmotion introduction videos that pads will be included but not fitted to allow customers to place them as needed (or not). If they'll be be glue on only, I'd simply add my own velcro strips for added flexibility.ย 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, LowFlyingSquirrel said:

I also prefer rfid / nfc.ย 

Well, perhaps if enough of us would show the interest in such feature, it might be added (let's say as optional module).

Edited by HEC