Mango

2 minutes ago, Josiah said:

Looks like we’re on schedule for the first shipment before Christmas!  Any one think otherwise?  And Will they ship with a kick stand or trolley handle?  What are your thoughts?  

What is the source for your ETA?

According to Bob, after the international testers have a go at it, and the feedback is processed, more units will be send out to the international reviewers.

We haven't heard about the international testers yet? Assuming this is done secretly, there is still the matter of the international reviewers. Kuji Rolls have a short video out, but he is not considered as an international reviewer.

18 minutes ago, techyiam said:

According to Bob, after the international testers have a go at it, and the feedback is processed, more units will be send out to the international reviewers.

We haven't heard about the international testers yet? Assuming this is done secretly, there is still the matter of the international reviewers. Kuji Rolls have a short video out, but he is not considered as an international reviewer.

Eevees mentioned at the end of a recent video that they are expecting to get their V13 test unit at the end of December. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Unicycle Santa said:

Eevees mentioned at the end of a recent video that they are expecting to get their V13 test unit at the end of December. 

Thanks, I missed that.

My guess is that those test units would be grouped together with the international testers. This would imply international testing could have started in secrecy.

V11 is totally over engineered, shifting tire on it is absolute hell.  Bearings costs a fortune apart from that it's a good wheel for the money. 

V13 looked heavy, sturdy and aggressive on kujis little film, Don't ever buy batch 1, not even inmotion... 

Just my 2c

Edited by Finn Bjerke
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

Thanks, I missed that.

My guess is that those test units would be grouped together with the international testers. This would imply international testing could have started in secrecy.

From what I know the only current testing of the V13 is domestic within China, the wheel eevees is expecting to receive at the end of December is the shipment of international wheels, if anything it implies that no one has the wheel outside of china but they are on the way. 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Unicycle Santa said:

From what I know the only current testing of the V13 is domestic within China, the wheel eevees is expecting to receive at the end of December is the shipment of international wheels, if anything it implies that no one has the wheel outside of china but they are on the way. 

If that is the case, this implies EEVEES has been chosen as one of 5+ international testers?

1 minute ago, Unicycle Santa said:

I'd assume if anyone is going to be an international tester its eevees.

Interesting perspective. I thought they would be more on the reviewer side.

Bob clearly separated international testing and international reviewing. Is eevees going to do testing on this forth coming V13 at the end of December, and then get another V13 to review later?

2 hours ago, Unicycle Santa said:

I'd assume if anyone is going to be an international tester its eevees.

Why? Their maintenance and riding skills are low compared to pretty much any other rider out there. They'd be good for selling it but terrible for any feedback. 

You'd want speedyfeet, euc upgrades or ecodrift as they've historically been able to give very good feedback in their reviews. 

The international testing of the V12 was done in secrecy so maybe there is review units out there. 

Edited by Eyss

Denis Hagov is a competent reviewer. Eco drift have a good reputation for showing all aspects and picking up on the nitty gritty, warts and all. Ian at Speedyfeet is also a pretty reliable source of unvarnished feedback.

Interesting to learn that Kuji isn’t regarded in some quarters as an International reviewer - I’m sure his slick videos of a couple years back helped inspire a great many riders outwith his native China!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, techyiam said:

Interesting perspective. I thought they would be more on the reviewer side.

Bob clearly separated international testing and international reviewing. Is eevees going to do testing on this forth coming V13 at the end of December, and then get another V13 to review later?

56 minutes ago, Eyss said:

Why? Their maintenance and riding skills are low compared to pretty much any other rider out there. They'd be good for selling it but terrible for any feedback. 

You'd want speedyfeet, euc upgrades or ecodrift as they've historically been able to give very good feedback in their reviews. 

The international testing of the V12 was done in secrecy so maybe there is review units out there. 

Just going by what I have heard in their videos, but I recall Eevees stating that out of their 15 employees they have a few that are well versed in the engineering/teardown/testing of EUCs. The two dudes from the videos are more of the big picture/marketing side as they run the company. But it doesn't mean they dont have qualified skilled people under them doing this stuff.

However I could be completely wrong, wouldnt be the first time. I agree that its entirely possible there are review units internationally. All I know is the guy I spoke to who lives in China stated that its currently still under testing domestically and will be going international in a month or so (this was a few weeks ago).

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Paul A said:

Inmotion V13 Challenger production line batch 2

2.15K subscribers

Nov 23, 2022

So this is "Batch 2" on the production line? They look very well-made and high-quality. :efeeec645d:

I thought production on EUCs went something like

1) Pre-production units to testers.
2) Feedback, Fixes
3) (Small quantity) Batch 1 Production units to retailers.
4) Feedback, Fixes
5) Batch 2 Production Units
etc.

So are the wheels in this video going to retailers or testers? Because they look like finished products. Or is "Batch 2" just a terminology/translation issue? Which Timeline are we in? :blink1:

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, UPONIT said:

Which Timeline are we in? :blink1:

Sorry, do not know.

Other members may have further information.

Version/batch one may still have yet to be discovered issues, despite pre-production testing by IM and others.

19 minutes ago, UPONIT said:

So are the wheels in this video going to retailers or testers? Because they look like finished products. Or is "Batch 2" just a terminology/translation issue? Which Timeline are we in? :blink1:

I believe batch 2 is going to international testers. 

58 minutes ago, Eyss said:

I believe batch 2 is going to international testers. 

Bob said they build 40 units in batch one. And none of these will be sold.

Inmotion Global just confirmed on Facebook that the international test units have already been sent.

It does seem like batch 2 is mass production for reviews or sales even.

What is weird is that Inmotion didn't wait for feedback from international testing before commencing mass production. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, UPONIT said:

Or is "Batch 2" just a terminology/translation issue? Which Timeline are we in? :blink1:

New manufacturing batch doesn't necessarily equal new design batch. In early stages it's more likely indeed, but later on several manufacturing batches will be made without any major (or any at all) design changes. 

Edited by HEC

Here is hoping that Inmotion will explain away potential customers' concerns pertaining to why Inmotion started mass production of the V13 before testing has been completed.

For myself, I am seeing two scenarios under which I will buy a new wheel.

(1) Batches that are being sold have been confirmed to be issues-free.

(2) Lemons that have been heavily discounted during Black Friday month sales, and I feel confident that I will be able to resolve the issues myself.

Edited by techyiam

16 hours ago, techyiam said:

Back When, on this thread it was reported that some distributors were dropping out of the batch one shipment. And around that time I got a message back from ewheels.  Not only did he tell me to expect the wheel by Christmas based on My point in the queue (got in less than 9 weeks ago). But also that they have been allocated 100 of these first batch wheels!

Edited by Josiah
  • Like 1

I went into Eevees 3 days ago and spoke to Bradley as to when he is expecting to get their demo V13 and he replied hopefully mid to late December. I will keep in touch with them as I'm anxious to see the V13 in the flesh to finally decide which heavy and expensive wheel I should buy next.

Edited by Clem604

From the last video we see the wheels are placed into a Dyno.  Testing performance, measuring motor power and running diagnostics at the same time.  Looks like this type of pre shipping test in conjunction with real world testing in China, is enough for IM to be confident in their wheels going out to retailers at the same time as their international test units.  

Happy Thanksgiving Guys!

Edited by Josiah
  • Like 1

Looks like ewheels sent out an email to folks with preorders that clarify some of the speculation.

Apparently SOME of the current production of wheels from the recent videos are intended for customers, and not just reviewers.

Good afternoon, 

Here's a quick production update on the V13s: Inmotion is wrapping up the first round of 100x Wheels later this week [globally], sending out to the shipping agent in a few days. 

They have committed sending us 30x from this round, with the remaining large-scale production scheduled to take place later in December. At this time, it's difficult to say exactly when each batch will be shipping out, but in all likelihood the first 30x should be here at the end of December, with the next few hundred to follow in late January. We'll try our best to allocate orders in the sequence in which they were placed. 

Thanks so much & have a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday,

Jason  

• Like 2