Mango

2 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Although i can't speak to the legality of an EUC on the road and especially in Denmark. I would argue that although an EUC has no mechanical brakes, it does have brakes in the sense of the word the same way a Maglev train has "brakes" . One of the definitions of the word brake is: 2. Something that slows or stops action. And magnetic braking does exactly that as well as being rider controlled just like a mechanical system.

Yes, (a EUC) it has "a way of braking" - but brakes defined as a "brake" - no.  Push the brake  - where is it located?  Lets test the brakes - how t f*** to do that?  Yes a Maglev has brakes, and it has brakes that works without electricity too.    Big Joe Speed Demon ( +95 kg )  rides a V13 to +80 kmph - he can do the breaking, very nice.  Little Skimmy Bernie - 65 kg, who has a V13 because it is the fastest wheel - not a chance.    

1 hour ago, rebeuc said:

Folks, this discussion about EUC braking and legalities is not germane to this thread topic about the as-yet unreleased Inmotion v13

The same thing happened with the tangent argument regarding what "torque" is 😂

Maybe they need their own thread again.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rebeuc said:

Folks, this discussion about EUC braking and legalities is not germane to this thread topic about the as-yet unreleased Inmotion v13

Sorry - shall never happen again, i'm sure :P

22 hours ago, Unicycle Santa said:

the V13 is a perfect addition as it will allow me to cruise the 40ish mile round trip ride to the beach and back without worrying about running out of battery. And the size and weight will make it very stable and smooth when doing so. However, if I am only going to have a single wheel I would have to go with a middleground like the sherman S. 

I'm new to the hobby, but those 2 are top of my list for a future purchase. By the time later batches come out, it might be easier to decide.

I also look forward to seeing/trying them IRL.

I once had a MSP that had a faulty cutoff button. In fact it worked too well and did cut the motor even when at speed ! 

Imagine! Ewheels didn't believed me when I told them so, but after a video they said whoa!! First time they ever saw that and it was a quite major issue !

But after reading the lastest comments here on emergency braking, maybe that kind of button could serve as an emergency brake 🤣!

28 minutes ago, InfiniteWheelie said:

Doesn’t anyone know when we’ll start seeing tear downs? I really want to see how these things are constructed before I order.

If you order through ewheels you can always cancel without any consequences, up until they ask you to pay the rest before shipping. What's what I've done. I was told by someone who tested the v13 that inmotion pulled back because there were some issues that had to be fixed, the person couldn't disclose what exactly was wrong. Judging by that and the way inmotion has pretty much been silent aside from a few short clips, I'd say its going to be at least 1-2 months before we get a full teardown/ride review by someone who isn't inmotion.

• Upvote 1

Without directly comparing spec sheets, I suspect the 18650 cells are better.

Smaller cells have lower resistance, meaning the 18650s should have better power density. I believe Tesla still uses them in their fastest car (model S) for this reason.

So until we finally make the leap to tab-less 4680 cells (which are actually perfect for e-wheels), I’m happy to keep using 18650.

Edited by InfiniteWheelie

On 11/15/2022 at 11:09 PM, InfiniteWheelie said:

Doesn’t anyone know when we’ll start seeing tear downs? I really want to see how these things are constructed before I order.

In my understanding the local tests (with outside personnel) have now been conducted, and Inmotion are currently making improvements based on their feedback. After that they’ll ship a few wheels to international testers, after which Inmotion will probably again improve the design based on their feedback. After that the first batch is shipped to distributors.

The first possibility for public teardowns is after the international testers have had theirs for a while.

4 hours ago, evans036 said:

someone said that the v13 battery (claimed 3000wh) is actually about the same as the sherman S battery (claimed 3600wh) because inmotion and veteran calculate low voltage differently. 

It’s (at least) the Ah to Wh conversion that is being made differently. Ah is supposed to be multiplied with the nominal voltage which is 3.6V. LeaperKim might not care about that and use 3.7V instead. We know that Inmotion does use 3.6V.

Do we know which cell model the V13 uses? It should be a 3500mAh (typical) cell.

4 hours ago, Freestyler said:

It is the same capacity as the original Sherman that had 24s10p 18650 cells with 3500 mAh each, 240 total, 3200wh

Even by calculating with 3.7V, 3500mAh becomes 12.95Wh, which multiplied by 240 is only 3108Wh.

But if my search results were correct, Sherman uses the ubiquitous Panasonic/Sanyo NCR18650GA cells, which is rated at 3.6V and 3300mAh, with minimum and typical capacities being 3350mAh and 3450mAh. Going by the typical capacity, the OG Sherman has a total capacity of 2981Wh.

If the 3500mAh value for the V13 holds true, it has slightly more capacity than the OG Sherman.

Also, the Samsung INR21700-50E has the rated and standard capacities at 4753mAh and 4900mAh. So the Sherman Max and S have an actual total capacity of 3387Wh.

I guess they just don’t know how the capacities are supposed to be calculated…

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

In my understanding the local tests (with outside personnel) have now been conducted, and Inmotion are currently making improvements based on their feedback. After that they’ll ship a few wheels to international testers, after which Inmotion will probably again improve the design based on their feedback. After that the first batch is

Maybe you have better info through your cotacts.

But if we go by what CEO Bob said on Facebook, after the international testers have provided feedback, processed and issues resolved, then units will sent to international reviewers. I think it then, tear down can performed and shared publically. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, InfiniteWheelie said:

That big sideways triangle on the side of the wheel... Does anyone know if that's an indent, protrusion, or simply a sticker?

I'm hoping it's flat because otherwise it's going to cause problems with aftermarket pads.

Looks like an indent to me.

• Like 1

Just now, InfiniteWheelie said:

I couldn't quite tell from the render I was looking at.

That's highly retarded if true. Nobody wants to use those trash stock pads.

I was looking at these real pics, seems like its an indent surrounded by gloss piano black.

INMOTION V13 Challenger Electric Unicycle - Tracker, News & Updates -  VROOOMIN

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0549/2201/8981/products/photo_2022-08-11_13-47-12_1200x1200.jpg?v=1667499204

The second one doesn't seem to have the piano gloss black, but based on how the light is catching it the area still seems recessed slightly. I agree, it would be pretty retarded of them to put an indent there.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, InfiniteWheelie said:

Oh my goodness, it's so over. You can't even use aftermarket pads.

Someone has to tell them we want it flat before it's too late! They can put a sticker there instead to get the same effect. 

lmao trust me its gonna be fine. If they can get pads on the V11 they can get them on anything

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Unicycle Santa said:

it would be pretty retarded of them to put an indent there.

Isn’t there only two current wheel models (the Shermans) that have all flat sides? Does that make all Begodes, KingSongs and Inmotions retarded designs?

3 minutes ago, InfiniteWheelie said:

You can't even use aftermarket pads.

You can’t use after market pads on any Begode?? Come on guys, this is ridiculous. Where is this coming from?

• Like 1

Just now, mrelwood said:

Isn’t there only two current wheel models (the Shermans) that have all flat sides? Does that make all Begodes, KingSongs and Inmotions retarded designs?

You can’t use after market pads on any Begode?? Come on guys, this is ridiculous. Where is this coming from?

Well I've only owned a Sherman. I'm genuinely asking, how can you attach large size Grizzla pads to that?