Mango

having starting this sport with wheels like 9bs1, s2, e+,z10, ks 16s, ks18s, v10f, especially the s1's, i never ever thought i'd have an overlean/faceplant. nothing unusual about yesterday's event. did it a thousand times before. if that can happen to me, it definitely could happen to anybody. even wearing all my protection, being totally surprised by what happened, had i not had my compounds 2x4 to grab, i'd probably had a hospital visit falling face first on pavement. i was lucky my left hand caught the 2x4. i don't overlean, there's just no need to. i'm just leisurely riding. 

i don't know why the v13 clunks occasionally either. i checked the motor endplay thing and that seems fine. and when i was testing it with what i consider big leans for me, that was going up grade. the wheel trolleys effortlessly on hard surfaces btw. but sugar sand makes it very hard to push/trolley. turf is fine too. 

i'd like to hear wrongways interpretation of why he thinks the wheel is so easily overpowered. 

2 hours ago, novazeus said:

so what caused me almost faceplanting yesterday after previously doing the same thing a thousand times and not having that experience?

I know a lot, but I’m no wizard. You need to tell us more of what actually happened. Did the tire slip? Did the wheel stay vertical? Did the pedals tilt forward? Did you just fall off of the pedals? 

Edited by mrelwood

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

I know a lot, but I’m no wizard. You need to tell us more of what actually happened. Did the tire slip? Did the wheel stay vertical? Did the pedals tilt forward? Did you just fall off of the pedals? 

not sure if the tire slipped or not. 

the wheel did not stay vertical, i can't swear to the exact angle the wheel tipped forward, but my best guess is if i had not grabbed the 2x4 i had just pushed off of, it would seem the wheel would have continued forward, or maybe righted itself. it righted itself when i righted myself. very scary getting caught offguard like that. at  0 mph.

yes, the pedals set at maximum hardness tilted forward exactly the same as the wheel. i have never noticed any pedal dip anywhere. i don't use any of the optional settings. 

no, i did not fall off the pedals. my feet and shoes remained in the exact location. but if i hadn't grabbed that 2x4 my body would have fallen face first into the pavement. the base of my toes were at the very front edge of the pedals, the same way i've ridden it since getting it. 

and it wasn't my first lap, it was my second lap on a full charge. i had already been to my gate and back. spun around to head out again, in no big hurry because the sandhill cranes were hanging out near the curve with their babies and i was hoping they'd move on. i feel like i'm gonna have to attach a body cam to the wheel. the wheel has been flawless. i wouldn't be riding it near 30mph if it didn't sound perfect under load. the street tire is very quiet so u can listen to the internals better than the knobby tire. it was a good lesson because i've done slow rides to my gate to grab something with no protection at runoff speeds, but there's no running off when the wheel just unexpectedly tilts forward for no apparent reason. other than climbing back onto the road from it's soft shoulders. this sugar sand is like talcum powder. if i were to lose my line at speed and run off my road at certain spots, i'm sure the wheel would fall. very dry now and no vegetation under the tree canopies. 

when i rode it this morning, i found it much easier to ride starting out doing unusally more dramatic forward leans, on pavement. good traction and obviously easier to balance because i was rolling quicker. and that was leaving my gate going just slightly uphill which has been difficult starting slowly with 40 psi in the round profile tire. way easier with a bigger lean, but not my normal style. on the s18 with not much power, and thin profile tire i leaned more to stay balanced.

it was weird. same thing wrong way did with his quick ankle bends, but i didn't do that at all. literally i've started this way a thousand times and not a problem. it's slightly down hill from my wheel storage area, so it's always been slightly easier getting going from that location. i've never had any wheel tilt like that. hopefully never again. it's like what @rebeucdescribed moving the wheel out of it's stand. like temporarily shutoff and then back on. i continued to ride it 30 miles afterwards without a hitch. i know it doesn't like climbing over the shoulder of my road, but it has never complained like it did yesterday. no issues this morning. idk, i can't figure it out. wrong way thinks the wheel has no torque, but when i starting leaning like this morning, it did just fine with plenty of juice. seems like if it was something electronic it would have shown up in the previous 1000 starts. that's a thousand starts from here. another 1000 starts returning. no issues. i'm gonna try and get in another 20 to 30 miles in a minute. sure is easier to get going leaning into it, but again, not really my style.  

with the open helmet with it's chin bar, hard to look straight down. 

yeah, i appreciate any analysis, but i guarantee u, it wasn't an overlean as i've seen on all the videos. no powerpads. not my style. acted like an overlean, but wasn't caused by me. 

23 hours ago, novazeus said:

i wanna find a bunch of riders with their velcroed power pads and rip them off when they leave their wheels unattended

Good luck.  Those hooks and loops are stronger than you would expect.

plant hitch hiker design

30D33EA3-F4D0-41A6-9DC4-55EE75DE4F04.thumb.jpeg.35636de43107f32a009b36126393e6bc.jpeg

62993C22-F46E-48B2-B6E0-9A31F3D45429.thumb.jpeg.a297786f91c177f4add4b9077caab260.jpeg

Those pads are extremely difficult to pull off when adjusting the position. 

12 minutes ago, Josiah said:

Good luck.  Those hooks and loops are stronger than you would expect.

plant hitch hiker design

30D33EA3-F4D0-41A6-9DC4-55EE75DE4F04.thumb.jpeg.35636de43107f32a009b36126393e6bc.jpeg

62993C22-F46E-48B2-B6E0-9A31F3D45429.thumb.jpeg.a297786f91c177f4add4b9077caab260.jpeg

Those pads are extremely difficult to pull off when adjusting the position. 

my yoga mat is velcroed on. not that difficult. did u get the nubs i sent u? what do u have where u live? pony express?

• Like 1

Could I get some help troubleshooting this new issue I'm now having with my wheel?

My screen is totally blank, no chirp noise or any audio when power cycling wheel or plugging in for charge, wheel is balancing, wheel appears to be charging correctly evident by the charger, wheel is connecting to the app however no functions work.  

Edit: After about 20 minutes and several power cycles the wheel and dashboard are now functioning correctly. This wheel is so dang buggy sometimes, thank you @HEC.

Error log

Screenshot_20230409-145449.png

Edited by Lets Do Science
word

7 minutes ago, Lets Do Science said:

Could I get some help troubleshooting this new issue I'm now having with my wheel?

My screen is totally blank, no chirp noise or any audio when power cycling wheel or plugging in for charge, wheel is balancing, wheel appears to be charging correctly evident by the charger, wheel is connecting to the app however no functions work.  

Could be lose / disconnected plug between boards. 

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, Lets Do Science said:

My screen is totally blank, no chirp noise or any audio when power cycling wheel or plugging in for charge

28 minutes ago, HEC said:

Could be lose / disconnected plug between boards. 

Agreed, i had to replace my main board. It was doing the same exact thing but it never came back. I took it apart and checked all connections. It plugs into the raptor controller, the display board, the tail light and the headlight. Yours sounds like a loose connection. Mine never recovered until i replaced the board.

• Like 1

idk if it's the same quirk that i had, but @Chucka Wheeliepointed out to me, if ur monitoring the wheel in the app while charging, or maybe even just having it on, turn the app off first before u turn off the wheel. i've been doing that, and no more error messages. inmotion has glitches with their app. tn after finally getting their stupid scooter popup link to close after 6 tries, the mph wasn't working. had to close the app and start all over again. super very annoying. 

and btw, wrong way's video is exactly correct. it is very easy to over torque. weak as can be. difference between my wheel, and the one he's testing, mine has a smaller diameter tire so it's slightly torquier. thank goodness i had the michelin pilot street 2 put on it before delivery, because the big flabbly knobby that is stock would make it even weaker. in his video he does "ankle flicks" as some people call it. i drive a wheel with my feet without leaning, so my normal way of driving might be called ankle driving instead. i brake the same way. what happened to me when i almost faceplanted from a cold start, the tire was up against the shoulder of my road, i'm doing my normal "ankle flick" but not aggressively like wrongway demonstrates, and not expecting the worlds supposedly strongest wheel to be overpowered, and probably added a tiny bit of forward lean subconsiously, and the wheel dipped forward and i felt like i would faceplant but i grabbed my rail instantly. 

the wheel as inmotion ships it with the big fat knobby is worse. at least i figured it out. i'm sure a software update can fix this terrible torque problem. listen to wrongway before u faceplant like i almost did. 

for me, which i've added to my starts, my forward lean is me sticking my chin out, combine with my feet pushing down on the front of the pedals. or using my ankles as some prefer to say. no legs touching anything. i would imagine over powering the wheel with the stock knobby and using powerpads would make it worse. hard to argue with wrongway's video and critique. he's dead on right. they need to move the top end speed to down low.

just posting my screenshots today to show the range on flat pavement. could be much longer if i wasn't stopping and starting every half km. 40.5 miles on 45% battery. and some of that with the headlight on.

56264B51-1702-45BE-8248-FFDB405CB535.png.45fee3839a941f4fed89703cbccdaea5.pngDC6C4369-74F6-4384-AB04-32C27BCA144E.png.28970fd8b6c46346bb9be2d7e960f00c.png

Edited by novazeus

1 hour ago, novazeus said:

it is very easy to over torque. weak as can be.

Sounds like your pedal dip happened at standstill. The current limiter on the V13 is much more aggressive at standstill, so it indeed has much less torque until you get going.

There was a video showing this very clearly during very hard braking. The wheel stayed upright all the way down to maybe 2-4km/h, and then dipped back and nearly dropped the rider. I wish I’d remember where I saw the short video.

It does seem like the stationary current limiter is too aggressive at times.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

Sounds like your pedal dip happened at standstill. The current limiter on the V13 is much more aggressive at standstill, so it indeed has much less torque until you get going.

There was a video showing this very clearly during very hard braking. The wheel stayed upright all the way down to maybe 2-4km/h, and then dipped back and nearly dropped the rider. I wish I’d remember where I saw the short video.

It does seem like the stationary current limiter is too aggressive at times.

yeah, i figured it out today riding it. it was probably just a little stuck against my road shoulder, and instinctively my ankles are adding more force, and instinctively when shit doesn't happen i lean a tiny bit, and the pedal dips forward just like in wrongways video around 8:50 when he's demonstrating the forward dip. scares the shit out of u if ur not expecting it. total frigging surprise. and the fat ass knobby on wrongways demo wheel is worse than the michelin.

all i could think about my first ten miles besides being pissed off, was posting on the forum so nobody else got caught off guard and got hurt. wrongway nailed it in his review. getting close to 700 miles or about 2000 starts from a standstill. i think i know this wheel about as good as i ever will now. 

btw, tn had some really high winds coming across my fields and i was wearing one of my harley racing motorcycle jackets which isn't as aerodynamic as the leatt 6.5 full body protection mesh, and it did really well. if i'd been on the s18 i woulda probably got blown off the road. 

once the wheel spools up, it's pretty likety split. i was helping it today, on pavement by adding a little forward bias sticking my chin out. but this low torgue will get people hurt especially with those using powerpads. doesn't cut out, just that momentary forward dip. but if ur already hanging off the front of the pedals because u can't move them forward, u might faceplant like i almost did. 

they need to fix the software! like yesterday! i'm sure it's software. supposedly the fancy mode is suppose to add more torque down low. 

my foot position is easy for me to remember. the base of my big toe is at the front edge. i can grab the footplate with my toes. which isn't unusual from the days of old with the small pedals. but why put a long pedal on a wheel when the back two inches isn't used?

this is how the footplates should be, if ur a foot/ankle driver. this puts my leg in the center of the axle.

B99053AF-75A2-4142-86F2-FAF2C26ECC46.png.3ea0e0fc52586764373b03f6023b5891.png

Edited by novazeus

8 minutes ago, novazeus said:

getting close to 700 miles or about 2000 starts from a standstill. i think i know this wheel about as good as i ever will now. 

Yet you had a completely new and very different experience with the wheel dipping at the road shoulder.

If you never reach the limits, you have no idea where they are. Then it will definitely be a surprise once you finally do.

13 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

Yet you had a completely new and very different experience with the wheel dipping at the road shoulder.

If you never reach the limits, you have no idea where they are. Then it will definitely be a surprise once you finally do.

my wheel with the smaller diameter tire has more torque than wrongways demo wheel with the bigger knobby, but what he was demonstating is exactly what happened to me, but i wasn't demonstrating anything, and never over torgued any wheel. u do this stuff so naturally, especially after 2000 cold starts in 22 days same damn wheel, it's like breathing, u don't think about it, until u choke, or ur wheel chokes. 

and i've never ever fallen like wrongway did in the sidebar on his master pro, or whatever that wheel was in the v13 video. just no reason for that to happen to me, not being a leaner. u know, i don't have cameras set up to film myself, so like today having to emergency stop for the birds, i just do it. i'm pretty focused on just riding and not thinking about what i'm doing. that screws me up. plus, i have a pretty small path to follow to stay out of the leaves and oak blossoms. suppose to rain tmrw and that will help, that's the problem with tree lined roads. besides a limb could fall at anytime and really mess up ur day. 

btw, i can't really figure out if i'm bottoming out or not. i did a static jump on it, and it seems fine. as long as my feet aren't leaving the pedals, i assume the suspension is doing it's job on my road. 

yeah, the more u ride this 118 pound wheel, the lighter it gets. idk how big johny vroom is, but he kicks it around real well. i could see it used on trails. but not on jumptracks. s22 with the sliders fixed is the wheel for that. can't wait to see what king song/freemotion is sending me. 

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

that's in wrongways video of the v13. 

700km or 700miles, please bob yan, king me with more torque down low with ur "fancy" mode. i'll sign whatever waiver u want! day 25 of ownership, or from first charge. 

slow ride this morning with brutal 15-25 mph gusts coming across my fields. it is the best wheel in the wind wheel i own. although the big surface can try to spin the wheel a little if the wind hits it just right.

averaging right at a mile per every percent of battery.

image.thumb.png.235665fd320cdba7ca7f1be73955273f.png

• Like 1

52.3 miles of 25 mph gusts. what a work out. my personal high daily mileage i think. i thought about riding the s22 some but the wind was crazy. still no rain. my feet and knees are definitely getting conditioned. on 55% battery. 

btw, for the first time, one battery was 4.1 coming off the charger but it read 100%. pretty funny because normally, or every other time, they are all reading 4.2 and it will say 99% charged. obviously getting this much range, i don't care. be intereating to see what tonights charging yields.

DE7CBC86-0181-48AD-87CD-A13DF8307DD7.png.9a066bd9f065ce4bb46ee30220cac4f3.png

4 hours ago, novazeus said:

quick question.

does the king song s22 charger work on the v13}
could the v13 charger and s22 charger be used simultaneously?

I think the easy answer has to do with the voltage of the S22 charger. Is it the same voltage? If it is, then it should work. 

I personally am not interested in fast charging any of my wheels. Fast charging heats up the batteries more and this also wears them down faster. It is a trade off, faster charge, shorter lifespan. 

Since I just charge them at night, I would prefer a low and slow charge. 

Edited by 2disbetter
  • Like 2

Inmotion V13 VS Begode EX30 | Technical Speed Run

XLDvb3ofNtKpR8dm_lBXrVr1J45HQcSsrjn8RtsK
Apr 10, 2023

We decided to do a technical speed run with the v13 and the EX30.
It wasn't planned as you guys can tell by the battery 🔋 level but it was still a lot of fun!
Hope you guys enjoy it.
Like and Subscribe Baby 🙏

• Like 2

That was very entertaining to watch and quite a close race. I agree the EX probably would've have edged in front had he had his full batteries and knew the course as well as the first guy.

• Like 1