Mango

59 minutes ago, novazeus said:

did the update but still capped at 37 mph.

must be 61km instead of 60.

I did the update this morning after emailing back and forth with inmotion service, I'm at 100 miles this afternoon and still stuck at 37mph clamp. Inmotion service asked for a bunch of screen shots , i imagine i will hear back around 10pm tonight. I'm guessing new app problem.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, novazeus said:

i won't lose sleep over it. i couldn't hit 30mph on my 2200' road. 

1 hour ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

I did the update this morning after emailing back and forth with inmotion service, I'm at 100 miles this afternoon and still stuck at 37mph clamp. Inmotion service asked for a bunch of screen shots , i imagine i will hear back around 10pm tonight. I'm guessing new app problem.

While the current version 8 of Inmotion app is literally plagued by bugs, this the one I worry about least for now. I don't plan to ride faster than (or even anywhere close to) 60 Km/h any time soon anyway. 

Just a thought, have you tried to change both your wheel and the app back to Km/h from mph and ride at least one Km to see if that happens to unlock the speed?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, HEC said:

While the current version 8 of Inmotion app is literally plagued by bugs, this the one I worry about least for now. I don't plan to ride faster than (or even anywhere close to) 60 Km/h any time soon anyway. 

Just a thought, have you tried to change both your wheel and the app back to Km/h from mph and ride at least one Km to see if that happens to unlock the speed?

yes. i'm like u, probably never need to unlock it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HEC said:

The small velcro strip at the bottom is causing the seat to have too tight fit.

Thanks. Had a feeling that was causing the issue. 

Took the v13 out to a car park last Friday as the esk8 crew were doing a technical track. Took a little while to get used to turning but I'm pretty comfortable with it now.

Also took it to a racing day on grass on Saturday.  Normally my hero is my racing wheel but the street tire wasn't good enough for grass and the v13 flies on grass. 

The next track day is in April so I'll give it a go on a concrete track then. 

Did a fair bit of seated riding today. The seat is a great height and is super comfy to ride seated. The seat is probably a little too hard for my liking but it may wear in. 

I didn't have a v12 but second most thing I use on the screen after the speed is the time. I didn't realise how much I've wanted to look down and see the time as oppose to getting my phone out. 

Suspension is fiddly. I miss the single shock with a single rebound control of the hero. Was very easy to dial in the suspension and I think the v13 will take a bit of time. I think it would of been better to have a similar design to the Sherman s where one side is rebound and the other is compression. 

I thought it'd be stupidly boring to ride at the legal speed of 25kph, but its actually not that bad. Its easy to just sit down and cruise along. Of course, cruising at high speed is much more fun. 

Stock pads are very nice. You could easily use them even if you're used to third party pads. I may replace them in time though.

Bit of a random assortment of thoughts. Haven't had a chance to ride it as much as I'd like so only at 80km at the moment 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Paul A said:

Unusual grinding sound as well...

Even I with my 105kg could not bottom out the suspension at 220psi; it felt like almost no suspension at all.  And she looks like half my weight...
(nice clickbait picture though).

• Like 2

Just now, mrelwood said:

I think that most people don’t know what a suspension bottoming out actually feels like. I’d love to try and  explain it all to her over coffee though…

How about over a nice steak, medium rare ?:roflmao:

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Robse said:

How about over a nice steak, medium rare ?:roflmao:

Nah, I don’t eat meat. And I wouldn’t expect her to do so either. Though I’m cool with it if she does. I’m good with whatever veggie dinner her favorite steak restaurant offers!

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

Nah, I don’t eat meat. And I wouldn’t expect her to do so either. Though I’m cool with it if she does. I’m good with whatever veggie dinner her favorite steak restaurant offers!

see, that's what I knew, had noted it once - and thought, I'd better remember this information, so I won't say anything wrong to Mr. Electric Tree :P

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

You have to uninstall and install the new version from the app store. its version 8.0.3 now and it works for unlock.

Can we just update the app as opposed to uninstalling and re-installing? 

Before I read your post I was hypothesizing that maybe the app is going by Rider Records (riding logs) instead of the Odometer.  'Cause even though I've clocked over 64km my rider log only shows 33km.  I think the buggy app has not been recording my rides properly. 

Firmware and App updated. Let's see if I can unlock the speed tomorrow. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 2disbetter said:

Honestly, I understand why the  tire is an important part of the equation as a whole, but I really like the tire that the V13 comes with. I think it is a good mix of things, then lends itself to the strengths of the V13. 

The rounded nature of the tire and the high psi makes me a little wary. Are you sure this is going to be stable enough?

i agree. even though i haven't ridden a v13 with the stock tire on it, i think inmotion couldn't have picked a better tire for the v13. 

if inmotion had picked the michelin street pilot 2 as the stock tire, the majority of customers would not like it. i'm guessing, but i would think the flatter profile of the v13 stock tire would make it easier to ride. 

the michelin is rock solid stable, but it will challenge ur balancing skills at slow speeds. the stock v13 tire looks like a beach bike tire. easy to ride. 

if we wanted easy, none of us would be riding wheels.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, novazeus said:

if we wanted easy, none of us would be riding wheels

Reminds me of people calling EUC riders "cheaters".  As response I'd recommend to tell them "so show me how easy it is" ...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

14 hours ago, HEC said:

Reminds me of people calling EUC riders "cheaters".  As response I'd recommend to tell them "so show me how easy it is" ...

Being less young and capable as I once was, I smile and remember:

"old age and treachery > youth and skill" 

• Like 3