Mango

4 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Just brought it up to 76 miles, still no unlock..:( It's 30°f today

Is your Inmotion app registered? Serial number verified? All the iterations with the pedal hardness set at 100%? I did all that and I just need another 25 km to reach the 60 km mark. Apparently the 30 km stated in the app to unlock the speed to max is false. Inmotion needs to work on their app to make communication clearer and updated.

4C5B58DA-2494-4D47-97DD-A46A4169FBE8.jpeg

Edited by Ethereal
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, Eyss said:

The optional kickstand works great, but damn is it a pain to install.

Yeah like FnB said, you're not the only one.  It was a bitch to install mine too.  Thought I had stripped the treads on my bolts when I was installing it.  I had it on my wheel stand while installing but in the end, I had to lay it on its front to get it all aligned properly.  Was doin' my head in!   Guess it's just lucky that we don't need to uninstall it to change the tyre huh?  After the time I had, its staying there!  lol

16 hours ago, Eyss said:

Any tips for the seat and not interfering with the trolley handle?

Yep... Best position for the seat so the handle can freely come up and down is for the seat to be positioned a little bit further back.  I placed the seat with the handle down then played with the positions till I found the best spot for it not to interfere with the handle opening and closing.  I then drew a mark with a pencil on the case to know where to place the seat after taking off the adhesive. 

You've probably already installed it but I hope this helps! 

Edited by Chucka Wheelie
  • Like 1

On 3/19/2023 at 10:03 AM, Eyss said:

Any tips for the seat and not interfering with the trolley handle?

The small velcro strip at the bottom is causing the seat to have too tight fit. So you can either remove it completely and have the seat hold down by trolley handle only (but then it will be loose with handle up), replace the velcro with thin double sided tape (but then you'll unable to remove it easily) or carve a small gap at the bottom of the seat to make the velcro strip flush at the bottom (that's what I choose to do). 

And in regads of the optional kickstand, yes it is a major PITA to install it, you basically need to thread in each bolt just a few turns one by one first, then tighten them in sequence gradually. 

After a few days of fedex being fedex, my wheel is here and dang, all I can say is, "how are all these YouTubers making it look so effortless?" :laughbounce2:

I've been riding for 7 years and this thing is a challenge. As soon as it showed up, I gave it a quick test, threw the pads on, set the speed limit to 25mph, geared up, and rode it to work. I made it, but it wasn't easy. Doesn't help that it's super windy out today. Lots of wobbles.

I have no idea how some people are starting out with this thing as their first euc.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, novazeus said:

i think inmotion just screwed up with their app

The version 8 of the app is still full of bugs, Inmotion today released v8.0.2 which finally allowed me to upgrade the V13 firmware. So if you're on v8.0.1 or v8.0.0 be sure to upgrade.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HEC said:

So - how do you do Wheelie on Electric (or even normal) Unicycle?

Regarding your "signature":   Riding a EUC or unicycle is doing a permanent wheelie :P

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, HEC said:

That exactly mirrors my experience when after 7 years of daily riding I was upgrading to V12-HT from original V8 with 10k Km on it. I had a brief "test" in the basement corridor for couple of minutes, then twice at yard and then I took it right away to the work. I arrived with my legs shaking and aching, barely able to make multitude of sharp 90 degrees left and right turns on the way. Took me 4 to 6 weeks to become really comfortable and not needing consciously to focus on riding it. Now I have already 2000 Km on it and starting again to "learn" again on V13 ... Kudos to all fast learners out there!

First time i (tried) to ride my new KS16X ,  after many miles on the Ninebot One - it was like stepping on a plank.  Hard and unwilling to respond.  The first 10 minutes was like "how do i ever ride this rock" :-)  Now it's the other way;  I have to take care not to overpower (lean) the little bot :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Robse said:

Hard and unwilling to respond.

I definitely prefer the hard pedals settings since I learned using it and soft pedals on wheels without hardness settings feel too soggy now. 

Edited by HEC
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, HEC said:

I definitely prefer the hard pedals settings since I learned using it and soft pedals on wheels without hardness settings feel to soggy now. 

I also prefer hard.  Nowadays the Ninebot feels like riding a marshmallow. But now and then it also has its charm just to roll off on the marshmallow at 15 kmph...;)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, HEC said:

This! I'm getting so tired of people who never tested or even seen V13 in person constantly whining about "insufficient" range, "low" battery capacity and similar nonsense. For vast majority of users it has more than sufficient range / battery, people riding in login fast group riders are definitely in a minority, but the loudest complainants ...

I can easily get 100 Km range on my V12-HT and 150 Km on V13 with a bit conservative riding. And with more "fun" 70 - 75 Km on V12-HT and at least 100 Km on V13. 

and if u can ride it, put the michelin street pilot 2 on it at 45 psi instead of the knobby. i bet that would boost range. 

• Like 1