Mango

35 minutes ago, SquallLHeart said:

It's the Michelin Street Pilot 2 in 80/90-16.. there's not many street tire options to swap out a 22x3" tire.

How much room is there between the mudguard and the tire on the street pilot?

With the v13 and master pro both being 22", but 16" rim vs 17" rim I would of thought you'd be going 90/90 or 90/100 size. 

Would been keen to get the measurements of the stock tire (i.e. actual width and sidewall heights while mounted) and rim. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Eyss said:

How much room is there between the mudguard and the tire on the street pilot?

With the v13 and master pro both being 22", but 16" rim vs 17" rim I would of thought you'd be going 90/90 or 90/100 size. 

Would been keen to get the measurements of the stock tire (i.e. actual width and sidewall heights while mounted) and rim. 

I would love to know if the 90/80, 90/90, 90/100 options would fit the V13.  Till then I'll stick to the stock tyre till better options are discovered. 

• Like 1

I believe the 90 would be too wide.. I think one of the shops already tried it.. but I don't have a 90/90 or 90/100 to try out otherwise.

also.. I don't think the street pilot comes in that size for a 16" rim.. it's only available in 80/90-16

The 80/90 does increase a lot of room between the tire and the fender in comparison to the bigger diameter 3.00-16 stock knobby tire.

Next tire I'd probably like to try is the Heidenau K33.. which comes in a 3.00-16 size.. it's all different tire sizing stuff.

Edited by SquallLHeart
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, SquallLHeart said:

I believe the 90 would be too wide.. I think one of the shops already tried it.. but I don't have a 90/90 or 90/100 to try out otherwise.

also.. I don't think the street pilot comes in that size for a 16" rim.. it's only available in 80/90-16

The 80/90 does increase a lot of room between the tire and the fender in comparison to the bigger diameter 3.00-16 stock knobby tire.

Next tire I'd probably like to try is the Heidenau K33.. which comes in a 3.00-16 size.. it's all different tire sizing stuff.

Ah bugger... I don't think they tried, I remember them saying they thought it was too wide but didn't actually get one in to try.  

I think Shinko also does a 3.00-16. SR244 if I remember right.  It's more of an off road/ asphalt hybrid.   (244 is the same model that the S22 uses???)

• Upvote 1

The Shinko 244 would work as well.. It's a great dual sport tire that I currently have on my Master. It is usually a heavy tire for its size, so you get a bit more gyroscopic effect as well as possible reduced range.

The S22 stock tire is a Jiluer J-820.. it's not a Shinko.

• Upvote 1

In the Inmotion Facebook group, Inmotion CEO Bob Yan has agree to look into whether they will be offering a higher top speed option for the V13.

Should Inmotion decide to go ahead and offer the higher speed Fancier Mode on the V13, prior to making that firmware available for general download, I vote for the Marty and Dawn Dynamic Duo to perform a top speed test run in sunny Southern California. It would be great if the % PWM can be shown too in the video.

Now, since Inmotion has agreed to consider it publicly, I don't suppose Begode will be rushing to offer the 100 km/h top speed first.

Inmotion Global Bob Yan can we have fancy mode on the v13? 🙏 I want to do 100 kmh

Bob Yan

I heard your voice, for sure we'll evaluate it seriously

• Upvote 1

Is this correct?

https://www.inmotionworld.com/v13-electric-unicycle

The Challenger is driven by a 126v high torque motor, producing a rated power by 4500W, a peak power by 10000W

https://www.techtarget.com/whatis/definition/horsepower-hp

How do you convert horsepower into wattage?

A power level of 1 hp is approximately equivalent to 746 watts (W)

Conversion of 10,000 Watts to horsepower.

10,000 / 746 = 13.4 horsepower

https://itstillruns.com/convert-engine-horsepower-cc-7622880.html

While no specific formula for the conversion of engine horsepower to cc exists, on average 1 horsepower equals 16 cc.

Conversion of Horsepower to cc.

13.4  * 16 = 214 cc

Inmotion V13 has approximately the power of a 214 cc motorcycle.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Regarding Hsiang first impression of the V13 (from eWheels, one of the damping adjuster was inadvertently twisted off, courtesy of Marty?).

I suspect Hsiang could have had better braking should he had placed his brake pad higher up to get more leverage? At least, that's what I found helps on my Abrams. 

A 22" wheel requires more actuation torque from the rider to accelerate or brake, when compared to a smaller diameter wheel. Hence, to compensate, a rider can use more leverage from the pads, instead of solely relying on more leaning. And since the V13 is tall, like the Abrams, one can mount the pads higher up, like how the stock pads are setup.

The other factor that negatively impact braking is the rotational inertia of the motor/wheel assembly (momentum of inertia). You can really feel it on the V13. Hence, effective pad placement is that much more crucial.

And lastly, there is a feature in settings that can affect pedal sensitivity. That needs to be optimized also.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, soulson said:

Sorry, my intention is not to spread FUD. I'm an engineer, and I just like to understand how things work. The headlight quip was a joke.

You need not worry about heat dissipation. The heatsink is enormous on V13. The V12 had no fan and is doing a very good job at heat dissipation and has similar construction. Most probably those fans are there to cool down the light- the most performant light I know on a EUC.

Edited by Paul g

25 minutes ago, Paul g said:

You need not worry about heat dissipation. The heatsink is enormous on V13. The V12 had no fan and is doing a very good job at heat dissipation and has similar construction. Most probably those fans are there to cool down the light- the most performant light I know on a EUC.

Officially, Inmotion's Raptor Controller board is designed to use forced convective cooling when needed. But so far, no one talks about the fans coming on when the headlight is off.

Time-stamped. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, techyiam said:

And lastly, there is a feature in settings that can affect pedal sensitivity. That needs to be optimized also.

Hsiang could've also tried the braking assistant but I suspect not everyone will like it. If I remember correctly, in Dawn's video she just set those in either maximum or minimum but I what I would've wanted to see was either of those set in the middle. When I get another chance to ride the V13 I will definetly want to try out the Accel/Brake assist for myself.