Mango

3 hours ago, Chucka Wheelie said:

Mate, not being rude but how much do you weigh??? 

I weigh about 74kg, so close to 78 maybe with gear?

I was running 150 before but I'm liking 175 with the lower tire pressure. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, novazeus said:

but no fancy mode speed increase.

It's probably added to the app. but you have to do something special to unlock it. Like the v-11 you had to hit the button 5 times or something to access it. I think Inmotion stated that it would only be accessible to those who had over 700km and signed a waver to unlock it. I'm not worried about it, as I'm sure you aren't either. I hit 45 mph the other day and it was as fast as i want to go standing on 1 wheel. I honestly don't know how people go faster, i was flying.

Edited by Punxatawneyjoe
poor wording
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

It's probably added to the app. but you have to do something special to unlock it. Like the v-11 you had to hit the button 5 times or something to access it. I think Inmotion stated that it would only be accessible to those who had over 700km and signed a waver to unlock it. I'm not worried about it, as I'm sure you aren't either. I hit 45 mph the other day and it was as fast as i want to go standing on 1 wheel. I honestly don't know how people go faster, i was flying.

oh yeah, i remember now that discussion. and yeah, not too worried about it but since the instructions on the update said it gives u fancy mode, naturally i was looking for it. what button do u repeatedly press?

it's not that i wouldn't go that fast, but i'm physically constrained by the length of my road.

One of the better reviews I've seen (use the subtitle option to translate to English if you don't speak Spanish)

A few minor nits, like how he mentions a fingerprint sensor (that does not actually exist)

But some of the stuff he does and talks about in here is very well done.

They even do some pretty intense jumps to put the suspension through the pace, and come to the following conclusion:

... And under no circumstances would the V11 have withstood the jump test that we have put the V13 through.

(Most of the other reviewers I've seen wrote the suspension off as if it was identical to the v11)

• Upvote 2

so i guess fancy mode is only for certain riders. idk why in the firmware update  description it claimed it gave u fancy mode. supposedly bob yan and ustride are gonna do a video about it. i wish the app wouldn't have popups trying to sell a scooter! another 30.4 miles today using only 31% battery.

5D0D39DA-18B8-4390-953D-2E830B3AB687.png.3cc8bf03e9986d9c864bd800754834d8.png

• Like 1

The “Fancy mode” On the V13 requires 700km ridden, a signed liability waiver, and a manual application. This month two of the many that applied were chosen. In my understanding if all goes well, next month some new guys will be chosen again.

There’s conflicting information flying around about what the Fancy Mode actually includes though. Some even say that the speed limit would be removed altogether, but that sounds so un-Inmotional that I’m expecting it to be a speed limit moved up to 100km/h or something like that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

The “Fancy mode” On the V13 requires 700km ridden, a signed liability waiver, and a manual application. This month two of the many that applied were chosen. In my understanding if all goes well, next month some new guys will be chosen again.

There’s conflicting information flying around about what the Fancy Mode actually includes though. Some even say that the speed limit would be removed altogether, but that sounds so un-Inmotional that I’m expecting it to be a speed limit moved up to 100km/h or something like that.

that's kinda what i gleaned from the fb comments, except it sounded like bob yan was awarding prizes. and the unlock was 4 mph faster. big deal. i have the smaller street tire on mine so 50 mph is probably 45 anyway. 

i could see going fast on a closed course, and i have a pretty good idea i'd never overlean, because i drive with my feet, but idk if i'd ever trust any wheel not to just cut out because it's electronics. 

course harleys killed zillions of motorcycle cops. all u read, "he lost control": there is no ntsb for motorcycles, harley just kept making road kings that would get "wallowy" in corners. they finally moved the tie rod on the engine to the front of the motor in 2008. but how many died before that. 

the faceplant cutout, which i've never had a cutout on any of the 11 wheels i've own, but we have seen lots of videos, i think, mostly overleans. 

i'm very careful with all 3 of my wheels so i hope nothing ever shakes loose inside. i look at them like burning in a computer. took 150 plus miles for the king songs to get acclimated, and figured it would take 300 plus for the v13. and i think my guess was correct, because the v13 is getting much lighter.

i should hit 700km about monday. i've ridden it two weeks now. great practice stopping and starting every 2000'. that's the hardest part on this 40psi michelin. keeps u thinking. riding in this heat is nice, but not very challenging unless i hit a patch of leaves and oak blossoms. i did sweep my curve a bit today. it sliding out from underneath would be no fun either. more fun than practicing mounting. yuck!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

i feel like 45mph is so freaking fast, you are totally screwed if you fall at that speed and even more so if you get run over. Anything over that is just a death wish on one wheel. I don't want to have to wear a iron man suit to ride this thing so i could care less about doing faster than 55mph or probably even 45. They can keep their "fancier mode" for idiots. Maybe when i was 20 i was that stupid.

yeah, sidewalks and multiuse paths only for me. i hate cagers. they are all texting!

4 hours ago, mrelwood said:

a signed liability waiver

4 hours ago, mrelwood said:

speed limit moved up to 100km/h

Yes, riders would seem to be foolhardy wanting to ride at 60 mph.

Speed limits on roads have a purpose.

Speed of 60 mph would only legal on a freeway.....because it is designed for it.

Designed with factors considered, including:

there are no intersections

no traffic lights causing traffic to stop

no slow cars entering from drive ways, side streets 

On and off ramps with long merge/zipper lane

Smooth, well maintained

Other road users are expecting that speed

Other factors, etc.

60mph.

What is the visible distance, stopping distance, on a suburban road ...

Seems unlikely an EUC is permitted on a freeway.

Hence the signed liability waiver.

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

there is no "features" button so i would say that's not it.

"Features" is now renamed to "General Settings" in the new app, but rather than button it's a page title and no amount of clicking on it makes any difference with V13 or V12-HT. So I guess it will be some other way to do that in the new app. I've tried clicking on everything but no luck so far. And in case you've not read the pop up after upgrade, v8.0.5 now allows you to customize the the main dashboard by long press and add to up 10 values to be displayed there with extra 6 to be hidden / revealed by clicking at small arrow at the bottom. 

v8.0.5.jpg

Edited by HEC
  • Like 2

Manufacturers have a duty of care.

Signing a liability waiver may absolve them of any and all negligence.

Suppose a manufacturing fault, at a speed much lower than 60mph, causes serious injury/death.

The waiver may preclude compensation.

For the assignnor.....is the gain worth it?

• Like 1

The washer is still stuck on the wrong side of the case. I haven't rode an euc in months. I don't have money to take it to get fixed. Should I just break it off?

Edit: I hate my life. This is rock bottom for me. I really wish I had bought anything except this piece of junk. An e-bike. A motorcycle. An electric car. This thing is just useless.

20230401_114039.jpg

Edited by A High Roller
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, A High Roller said:

Should I just break it off?

No, you shouldn't. assuming the nut just keeps spinning, i would take out the headlight or the tail light whichever is closer to it and reach in and gently clamp a pair of needle nose vise grips on the inside rod to hold it from spinning with the nut. If you don't have a pair maybe you could shove a screwdriver beside it so it will have enough friction to stop turning. Either way the goal is to get the rod on the inside to stop spinning so the nut will come off.

Edited by Punxatawneyjoe
sp
  • Like 2

only 133 more km before i can go 4mph faster! woop woop!

i put vicious grip tape on my pedals per @Kuji Rolls recommendation after removing the screws. it is great!

i hope bob yan reads this forum and he stops with the pop up’s pimping his scooter. i start out in a good mood but then get pissed off after a dozen attempts of trying to close the pop up, and when i finally close it, i lose part of the connection to the wheel. still connected but mph is no longer working. please, no commercials in the app. just try to make it work correctly please. ur pissing off people!

another nice and windy day. 117 pounds between my legs keeps getting lighter.

image.png.9e21679ceaa1f03d51b41400cfc5e77f.png

3 hours ago, A High Roller said:

The washer is still stuck on the wrong side of the case. I haven't rode an euc in months. I don't have money to take it to get fixed. Should I just break it off?

Edit: I hate my life. This is rock bottom for me. I really wish I had bought anything except this piece of junk. An e-bike. A motorcycle. An electric car. This thing is just useless.

20230401_114039.jpg

if you don't want to mess with it, then don't mess with it. Take it to an EUC shop or sell it to someone who is handy and move on!

• Upvote 2

i've been riding the v13 exclusively to get use to it. feeling guilty i had abandoned the s18 and s22. 

so i decided to do a few laps with both after 40+ miles on the v13 today, which after 352 total miles now, i'm really enjoying. 40psi on the michelin street pilot 2 tire, 175psi  in the shocks, and 2.5 turns out from full counterclockwise on the damper, i'm about 185-190 pounds.

and first i rode the s18 and figured out the pos jiluer tire is not running true. not terrible, but when u get off the perfect michelin(thank u jacob at neltrek)and go to the s18 with the wobbly jiluer, it's like yuck! i just deflated and soaped it 3 times. i think it's better, but it will never be the michelin.

then i got on the knobby that's on the s22, and it's mounted fine, it's just it's a knobby that i think has a tendency for tramlining. again, it just isn't a michelin. 

so be forewarned, if u master the v13 with this michelin tire, ur other wheels are gonna suck. i am a fickle rider because i was liking riding the king songs before 352 miles on the v13.

offroad, i can see why tires are nbd to those riders, but on pavement, there is no comparison. the learning curve is higher with the v13 and michelin, but once ur mind and body get it dialed in, it is wonderful. it was quite gusty here today, but nbd on the v13.

i'm spoiled. i might sell the king songs. 

update, maybe not, yaay me, just did a night ride in my boxers and the tire is fixed on the s18. i knew it was off when i first rode it, but just a little, and at speed not too noticeable. 

now, if i could ever get the replacement sliders that king song/freemotion is suppose to be sending out, and get the s22 like wrong ways s22 unboxing, i think that could be my pasture wheel. the v13 i don't think will work at all in the pasture. too much weight on top.

Edited by novazeus
  • Like 1