Finally I got my MCM4 HS 340Wh

Pasi

Hi, I am new one (54y).

I ordered it 29.12.2015 and got it this evening (15.01.2016) by UPS. It came fast, although it did not feel like it. I already ordered ips 191 once (never got it) but it is in different topic.

Today I trained with my old generic euc in big parking hall at my job, so it is nice I can do the same next monday with GW and compare them. Outside it is a lot of snow and -12 C, so it is not so nice to drive there.

I loaded app to my Samsung S6 and tablet galaxy note but I could not get them talk with GW? I opened zip and changed language to english and bt see each other..? Maybe better try in the morning again without beer.

20160115_204921_resized.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could not wait till monday. I did 1km trip in fresh air, -12C.

GW feel great after generic although my top speed was 20..22km/h. I took some video but I do not know how to share, my son said he will help me some day.

Wife was not very happy when I brought euc inside, after it start to melt all snow.

Tomorrow I will do longer trip and put more clothes on.

By the way,  maybe I put the trolley on the wrong side( see the lights), but the hex nuts were so tight the other side that hex key could not open it, it brokened.

Is it any importance which way you ride? Generic did not care.

20160116_152911_resized.jpg

8 hours ago, Pasi said:

Is it any importance which way you ride? Generic did not care.

For GotWay, the power button goes to your right. You are suppossed to ride with the battery bars in front of you, and the brake light behind you. But where you mount the trolley is irrelevant. You can mount it front or back.

6 minutes ago, edwin_rm said:

For GotWay, the power button goes to your right. You are suppossed to ride with the battery bars in front of you, and the brake light behind you. But where you mount the trolley is irrelevant. You can mount it front or back.

The tire usually shows you in which direction it is supposed to rotate. Other than that the wheel should be able to ride the same way in either direction, but i ride forward , just in case :)

7 hours ago, edwin_rm said:

Thanks, I did not know that those lights are battery bar. There are red lights so I though they should be backside... Other ligths are brake, ok...

@Cloud , yes there is direction arrow in the tire.

Now I know how to ride "right" direction ?.

Have to go ride soon, it is only -9C and the sun is shining. Snowboard clothes and helmet on and out...

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/17/2016 at 1:54 AM, edwin_rm said:

Putting the handle bar in the back seems preferable to me. Like this it won't be in the way when bending the knees and pushing the wheel with the bar behind seems to be more stable, on and off (though one can of course switch the direction for pushing).

EDIT: it turns out that in my case (Gotway 14" with additional cushioning) the handle bar is not be in the way on either side, at least when fully retracted. 

42 minutes ago, Niko said:

Putting the handle bar in the back seems preferable to me. Like this it won't be in the way when bending the knees and pushing the wheel with the bar behind seems to be more stable, on and off (though one can of course switch the direction for pushing).

You can try riding it with the handle bar half raised. This is what I normally do and it helps a lot when dismounting and catching the wheel.

Today I tried it (MCM4 HS) in old school  treadmill (no motor or electronic) with 40% battery. After 20..25kmh it started to beeb and then 25..30 tiltback and all leds blinking. It was easy and not dangerous way to test it. I will do it again with better time and with different battery capasity (100...60...30). So many stories about face plants, I would like to avoid them and want to know how my EUC behaves.

8 hours ago, Pasi said:

Today I tried it (MCM4 HS) in old school  treadmill (no motor or electronic) with 40% battery. After 20..25kmh it started to beeb and then 25..30 tiltback and all leds blinking. It was easy and not dangerous way to test it. I will do it again with better time and with different battery capasity (100...60...30). So many stories about face plants, I would like to avoid them and want to know how my EUC behaves.

I've been wanting to get my hands on a treadmill to test some wheels. This should give you a decent idea of how fast you can go before a over speed cutout. At least you can figure out you max speed you should safely ride at.

8 hours ago, Pasi said:

Can you do a video when you conduct the test for us to have an idea how it's done?

2 minutes ago, THA said:

@Pasi @SlowMo I tried that too, just couldgo over 29.4...29.7 kph because of Lhotz hard tilt back - cushioned mine after that, harsh punishement to the wheel! But probably the safest way to test, just grap the rails, no planting occured :D

Did you do it on an electric threadmill?

Yes @SlowMo and it's abit scary. Slow start is difficult, from 3kph to 20kph is easy but then I started to feel instability, probably because my mass wasn'tmoving -> less momentum. When I increased speed 29.5 kph, I found my limit, after next push (to 30) I had to grab the rails immediately. And had to take all the studs off before they let me try it on local gym. Altough I had all the time todo so since they had only one piece that can go up to 35 kph.

No! From 3->20kph only some of the time!
E: at low speeds it's like balancing in place. When speed increases, effect of angular momentum becomes obvious but at higher speeds lack of momentum starts to play some role. First observation is in harmony with my findings on RW GR16, second isn't (since RW made sudden changes in direction also at top speed).

You guys are brave. For some reason it sounds scary to me :) 

Im just wondering. The soeed limit discovered is way is it a true speed limit? Isnt the treadmill doing basically all the work for the wheel?the wheel just has to roll and overcome its own friction in the bearings, but the treadmill is really propelling you forward. Wouldnt the max speed determined on the treadmill be much higher than the real life max cut out speed?

Archived