Inmotion v11 Tilting forward and backward randomly Help

CharlesRomer

So I bought an inmotion v11 on Wednesday and it worked great until yesterday I turned it on and the wheel slowly tilted forward.

I checked the inmotion app and the calibration was on 0 (normal). I've tried. everything and nothing works. 

Can someone help?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, CharlesRomer said:

So I bought an inmotion v11 on Wednesday and it worked great until yesterday I turned it on and the wheel slowly tilted forward.

I checked the inmotion app and the calibration was on 0 (normal). I've tried. everything and nothing works. 

Can someone help?

Probably a stupid question but, is the wheel charged enough?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CharlesRomer said:

yep 100%

Well then we can clearly rule out the low battery tiltback :D

Sorry I can't help more, but I would at least suggest to run a wheel diagnostic in the Inmotion app.

Just now, EUC_user said:

What happens when you change the pedal angle? Are you able to correct the forward tilt using the app?

nope the wheel is titlitign at a 45 degree angle and the inmotion app only allows a 10degree tilt. 

The wheel also says "overload please step off"

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CharlesRomer said:

nope the wheel is titlitign at a 45 degree angle and the inmotion app only allows a 10degree tilt. 

Did you ride in water?

Did you try a hard reboot?

7 hours ago, CharlesRomer said:

It might recognise it of having to much charge try to free spin it a couple of times and then recalibrate it see if that helps ,I think it might of over charged a bit

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CharlesRomer said:

I've tried. everything and nothing works

You did recalibrate the wheel "perfectpy" aligning sidewards and forward tilt?

Which voltage is reported? More than 84V?

You did contact your reseller?

Some Inmotion wheels need remote manufacturer calibration to work properly.

• Like 1

Did you get this figured out?

I charged to full today, and am having a similar problem.  I used the V11 fast charger from EWheels.  This time, when I unplugged the wheel and turned it on, instead of the voltage showing 83.0 volts when disengaged, or transient, closer to 84 volts with the motor on and upright, the voltage was all over the place, 81-84(possibly 85?) volts, changing very quickly, but averaging maybe around 83 +/- volts.

I turned on the light to run down the battery a little, and after a few minutes it got down to normal voltages, with the motor engaged and disengaged.  However, like you, when I turn it on and engage the motor, it tilts waaaaay forward.  When it is tilted forward and I disengage/re-engage the motor, it goes waaaay back, and then if I dis/re-engage again waaaaay forward, and so on.  I let the battery run down with the light, a little further, down to 82.4 volts.  It's still doing this.

Also, when I logged into EUCWorld, it said there was a firmware update.   When I clicked to download, it immediately said "Download Failed".  I just charged it up with the "slow" charger, and it's still doing the same thing.

I also did the "Self-adjustment on motor".  

The diagnosis says everything is good. 

The voltage of the two battery packs is slightly different though; one is consistently 0.0 to 0.1 volts higher, probably an average of 0.08 volts higher.  It's not a lot, so I hope it's not an issue. 

The wheel has over 300 miles, with no problems until now.

UPDATE: A hard reboot seemed to work, for now.  I'm still not sure what caused this, though I think we can assume it has something to do with the full charge.

Edited by PatrickD
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I had a very similar experience today with my V11.

Hot day about 90F, rode to the hardware ~4 miles. Carried it up the stairs parked the wheel on the kickstand (but still on) and walked away to grab a CFCI outlet off the shelf. Maybe 5 minutes later I'm checked out and ready to leave. I tilt up my wheel to go and it just kept tilting forward. I picked it up and it ran to max speed then beep beep and shutdown. After it shutdown I lugged it outside. It turned on but Bluetooth wouldn't connect. I rode home very slowly, stopped about half way and was able to reconnect via Bluetooth.

I haven't done a factory reset, I plan to, but this scared the hell out of me. I can only imagine what would have happened if I was riding on it when it decided to do this.

The only thing I can think is either it overheated or maybe I didn't get it back to upright before parking it on the kickstand and somehow threw the tilt sensor off. Or maybe it's a firmware problem that has been fixed, I haven't updated the firmware since march.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated; This has significantly eroded my confidence.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Deep slow tilt backwards or forward is usually undervoltage, overvoltage, or overheat. I don’t know which other situations engage the mode.

First thing to do is to connect with the app, and run self diagnosis. If it shows everything ok, check both the common as well as the individual battery voltages. If they are within range (64-84V) and fairly close to each other, check the system temperatures. If they are also ok, press the power button for 30 seconds, wait for 10 seconds, and power up the wheel again.

At this point you might want to check for a firmware update. If there is one, install it, and afterwards do both the horizontal calibration and the motor self-adjustment.

Overvoltage (85+ V) can be a voltage sensor calibration issue, but it can luckily be calibrated remotely by Inmotion. You need to contact your seller for this.

• Like 1

On 7/7/2021 at 4:44 AM, YohannFrankfurderIII said:

I had a very similar experience today with my V11.

Hot day about 90F, rode to the hardware ~4 miles. Carried it up the stairs parked the wheel on the kickstand (but still on) and walked away to grab a CFCI outlet off the shelf. Maybe 5 minutes later I'm checked out and ready to leave. I tilt up my wheel to go and it just kept tilting forward. I picked it up and it ran to max speed then beep beep and shutdown. After it shutdown I lugged it outside. It turned on but Bluetooth wouldn't connect. I rode home very slowly, stopped about half way and was able to reconnect via Bluetooth.

I haven't done a factory reset, I plan to, but this scared the hell out of me. I can only imagine what would have happened if I was riding on it when it decided to do this.

The only thing I can think is either it overheated or maybe I didn't get it back to upright before parking it on the kickstand and somehow threw the tilt sensor off. Or maybe it's a firmware problem that has been fixed, I haven't updated the firmware since march.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated; This has significantly eroded my confidence.

Thanks!

I, too, have done this two times already. The total mileage is 400 km. There were no overheating and overvoltage or undercharging. Self-diagnostics showed that everything was ok. This behavior of the wheel scares me. ((

• Like 2

On 7/8/2021 at 10:56 PM, YohannFrankfurderIII said:

XOHDA did your experiences have anything in common? Parked on the kickstand while still on? Hot day? or anything else that would help point to a potential trigger?

Thanks!

Both times it was hot days, but the wheel was in the room, where I turned it on after a long idle time about 6-8 hours, not on the step. I don't use the footrest at all. By the way, the other day I contacted Inmotion's technical support, they connected to my wheel through the application and did and calibrate something with it. Let's see how it will be now, while everything is fine.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/6/2021 at 8:44 PM, YohannFrankfurderIII said:

I read this originally, but never commented.  I wonder if yours was tilting as far forward as mine/ours.  It sounds like a similar situation, so it probably was the same angle, but I couldn't imagine riding mine was it was doing that.  It seems like I would have slid off without being strapped onto it.  Then again, maybe it's just because I'm a chicken, and also you had more motive to get home.  Probably just that I'm inexperienced and it seemed "unridable".  Maybe I could have ridden it in that state, but I just wanted to make sure we are having the same problem with the same tilt angles.

Anyway, you said you got it to connect when you stopped on the way home.  My question is: Did the wheel ride normally when you reconnected, or did it just ride normally the next time you used it?  Or this problem continued?  As I mentioned, the hard reset worked for me and I haven't had this problem since then.  Have you updated the firmware?  I haven't attempted again yet.

Mine started doing something similar, but I am pretty sure after reading this thread that it only happening when I am at 100%.  For me, it starts making that sound that means: "Please Don't Move" and rocks back about 45 degrees slowly. I can also recreate it if I hold down the power button for 10-20 seconds.

• Like 1

On 7/25/2021 at 4:51 PM, Mr Dilkington said:

Mine started doing something similar, but I am pretty sure after reading this thread that it only happening when I am at 100%.  For me, it starts making that sound that means: "Please Don't Move" and rocks back about 45 degrees slowly. I can also recreate it if I hold down the power button for 10-20 seconds.

So, after comparing notes with others, this seems like normal behavior. Holding down the power button for 10 secs when it is off does this consistently. Works as intended I guess?

• Like 1

I don't recall pressing the power button but it's quite possible I did. I think mine was on and started when I tilted it from the kickstand position to upright but it is quite possible that out of habit I pushed the power button. I was inside the hardware store when it started running amuck. I was somewhat paniced to get it out of the store before any damage could be done, the details are a bit fuzzy.

Other than not wanting to connecting bluetooth for awhile it did ride normally after the event.

I checked the firmware version and I already have the latest.

I haven't had any problems after this except on two occasions I got a "voltage" warning from the EUC World app.  I don't know if the voltage warning is normal, my settings, or somehow related to the tilt problem.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, YohannFrankfurderIII said:

on two occasions I got a "voltage" warning from the EUC World app. 

Did you check the battery voltage when that happened?

3 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Did you check the battery voltage when that happened?

No, I wasn't really in a good place to stop in either case. I just backed off and went slower. I have checked it when it's fully charged and both banks are where they're expected and nearly identical voltage. Next time it happens, I'll pull over and check it.

Thanks!

• Like 2