Inmotion v11 Tilting forward and backward randomly Help

CharlesRomer

New to forums, just wondering I just received my V11 with significant damage to the packaging and minor scuffing to the wheel and small crack in headlight housing when I power it up with the light off (I know the fan is loud) it makes a loud humming noise, is that normal?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Biggouger said:

New to forums, just wondering I just received my V11 with significant damage to the packaging and minor scuffing to the wheel and small crack in headlight housing when I power it up with the light off (I know the fan is loud) it makes a loud humming noise, is that normal?

Definitely not normal. Can you make a video or a recording of the sound? It would be much easier to analyze, as we might be familiar with the noise.

• Like 1

Update on the tilt: repeat of last time.

I had it happen again after full charge, pretty much exactly the same as my last situation. 

Again, a "reboot" fixed it immediately.

(With the machine on, pressed power button and held, turning it off, and continued to hold for >60 seconds.)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Biggouger said:

Thank you, don't know how well you can hear it louder in person.

The video worked great, thanks!

Does the rumble go away if you very slowly move the wheel forward/backward?

It could be simply loose motor bolts. You’d need to remove just the side saddle panels, and tighten the four per side large 5mm allen bolts that are then revealed around the axle area.

Supporting what @mrelwoodhas said above, you'll want to doublecheck those motor mount bolts. They can back out over time and if they back out far enough your wheel will turn into a vibrator and freak out.

Below is an image recently from a service I had to do on a wheel that was vibrating - you can see that one of the 4 bolts is almost out, which was causing the vibration.

Zc71e2-9-ckJ9R3cLbj5mRcStD0sWG7a7JFSDtWEJu3Fxajesmia2VMrnwrlg_wcKqvZFBkQyNheNGg9q_AyeA7iqDPP3WaWet2qXttTZ-5SKO2foXRdMU8Ad4IhGXaLq_78O19NrJH3wLptSu8GyB6WVS_HYyNBqxOMNe4lNDyFo-2uHJ0Ot5JWtL3CB82MTlmCEsbATWViRWuj4NSG-lTRbLA1DifVUfRU8XA4Kdnhu2ZnbpZz3iVvl7wIDkurktixdaiyE1ahKKIjmvH7ksVUTGYDtkJpHPaVXdKl4IQx7DfScrbxeZ8Q3LMF8uDuVAlAhDp1kWj0S5hGrtn1mgqnACZRz5FWm0rGk2XKJAm6rcwTP-QWdCJH_BU3fUeggYBHPvExyU1veVhxQymao-w5YX1zvOP12pIpZ9Ad8ChFFCCOQocncy_qmrQwq23axEWPzAMgi3PhCzRZMkIGVEPMeGXAhFQPtawCpomXLJnM4-Kntkd5xwlcshHJVOJg0ywQrYhm94srKI5D8m0vOtx505bCsS874NIbVCsTxpvSuVabedYXAT84m_uTQ-m4wsQ2r2eU0kvhc8zLyqUKFfrEWajRDmxAE5ZdeNYZlCUDlEkvMawyPzo9k801BxpWJ-uMJIg1W5Y1OFcnbbblfah_jwzbeO8wDfW1bwPBrZZOW3-v0ngTR_EHyEMZjiciPDry7WOuYm2UjH078WRag0gXLA=w546-h969-no?authuser=0

If they are loose or are backing out you MUST Loctite them with blue Loctite as standard. Inmotion previously used crinkle lock washers to prevent these bolts backing out in the 6816 bearing version of the motor (earlier production runs) but I have not come across any recently that had been loctited in place from factory.

Edited by Brendan "nog3" Halliday
More details.
  • Like 1

Thanks for the help, I tried tightening those bolts it still made the same noise I am going to contact the retailer and see about sending it back for replacement. I only have about 1500 miles on my V8 but it has been flawless, this is a fair investment for me I don’t want a wheel that’s going to be to problematic.

More on the V11 full charge issues:

I just charged it to full.  Again I am using the Ewheels fast charger, set for the full 5A.  It went to higher voltage this time, fluctuating between 83.5 and 83.7 I believe, with occasional spikes up to 83.9.  This is getting close to the 84.2.  Also, EUC World is showing 99%.  It never hit 100%.  Obviously I am more concerned with battery health than software settings, but I didn't do anything different, so am wondering why it shows 99%, even with a slightly higher voltage.  It used to show 100% starting at ~83 volts (or upper 82s). 

Specific to the topic, it is not doing the tilt thing.  So I guess that's good.

2 minutes ago, PatrickD said:

Also, EUC World is showing 99%.  It never hit 100%.

At some point EUCw has the program default to a custom percentage curve that supposedly helps in estimating the actual remaining range. I think they changed the default to being linear again later on.

I would either check the percentage with the Inmotion app, or make sure that your EUCw is using the normal curve.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

My V11 did this but it was while i was going max speed on a road. Got 3 fractured ribs from it. I ride to work parallel to train tracks so if there was an alarm I didn't hear it going off. It just did a deep slow tilt forward and I went flying. The wheel is completely destroyed. I'm just lucky I was wearing my helmet and padding

• Sad 1