Begode / Gotway  black motherboard

Ronin

hello,

Anyone here has installed the latest Begode / Gotway  motherboard aka black motherboard? If so what is your feedback on this? Supposedly they allow to update the firmware OTA.

Edit: figured it out. 

thanks

Edited by Ronin Ryder
  • Like 2

In his Telsa3 review, Denis Hagov mentions the software update capability of its motherboard.
Which was broken at the time of the review - of course.

At this part of the video (21:37)

Edited by supercurio
  • Like 1

After burning my MSP board, ewheels sent me a black RS board for replacement. Couple minor issues: 1) it's a bit wider than the original one, so I had to drill new holes for the fan, 2) speaker cable is now too short to reach the socket (but I almost never use the speakers anyway). Otherwise, everything works as before, and the wheels rides more or less the same. I use the MSP mainly for off road and hill climb. Today I went for a 35 mile ride, maybe I chose a too steep trail, the wheel overheated quite a few times (>79c). I never got overheat warning from the original board though (this could be reason why it's burnt).

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Jia Liu said:

After burning my MSP board, ewheels sent me a black RS board for replacement. Couple minor issues: 1) it's a bit wider than the original one, so I had to drill new holes for the fan, 2) speaker cable is now too short to reach the socket (but I almost never use the speakers anyway). Otherwise, everything works as before, and the wheels rides more or less the same. I use the MSP mainly for off road and hill climb. Today I went for a 35 mile ride, maybe I chose a too steep trail, the wheel overheated quite a few times (>79c). I never got overheat warning from the original board though (this could be reason why it's burnt).

79c?! Geez, is it a HS or HT? I do some really long steep climbs on my HT and it never went above 52c.

8 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

79c?! Geez, is it a HS or HT? I do some really long steep climbs on my HT and it never went above 52c.

HT. I really suspect the original board didn't report real temp. Before my original board was burnt, the tire was rubbing inside the shell badly, the motor must have demanded some serious current to turn the wheel, and after climbing a slope, I checked the temp, it was only in mid 50s. Then the wheel started rocking back and forth, and soon after busted in fire.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Question to anybody with knowledge of current Begode boards:

Is this just the latest Begode board iteration that happens to have a different PCB color, or is something "special" going on here? (besides the supposed software update capability)

i recently installed a MSP C30 black control board into my MSX. rides the same, free spin speed is the same. i can still over power it at low speeds. runs hotter for sure. 45-60C during 25 to 40kph riding riding.  18C ambient. firmware is not upgradeable for this board. i wouldn't recommend it unless it is stronger or more capable of handling  bigger current spikes

41 minutes ago, Doug Hnut said:

45-60C during 25 to 40kph riding

Sounds fine to me...

On 6/16/2021 at 12:17 PM, RagingGrandpa said:

There are chip temperature values available at the IMU (MPU-6050) and the Microcontroller (STM32F).
The "reported temperature" is the one from the IMU, because its temperature is more important regarding self-balancing control... (confirmed for my 84V MSX at least)

The <MSuper> controller IMU, like most modern Gotways, is relatively close to the motor phases, and does not receive airflow from the cooling fan.
This is ok- it just means it's in a warmer physical location, so the reported temperature will be higher than if it were mounted somewhere else.

<140F> is fine.
The heatsink is much cooler than that.
Good that you saw the temperature stabilize.

41 minutes ago, Doug Hnut said:

firmware is not upgradeable for this board

Hmm, I thought all black boards were update-capable using the Gotway app?
(But I don't think there is any newer FW available yet, so something for the future...)

Did you notice that your "80% beep" speed changed?
(You can discover it quickly with a careful lift-spin.)
MSX 84V got +4mph beep speed with 2020 firmware...

Edited by RagingGrandpa

in the begode app there isnt a firmware upgrade button like the one in the wheelers pro video.

i haven't tested the 80% beep speed yet. only got to 65kph no beeps. still need some time to fully trust this new mobo.

oh one thing i did forget to mention is the low voltage tilt back starts at <78v. before it was <79v. 

so at what speed does the MSX 84v beep at now? more than my MSP HT 58kph?

Just brick my mcm5 yesterday doing firmware upgrade, luckily with the help of a fellow rider dealer friend i manage to unbrick it ^_^ Atm its the same firmware GW1401001 as my board so no point updating, you have been warned :lol:

15 hours ago, Doug Hnut said:

in the begode app there isnt a firmware upgrade button like the one in the wheelers pro video

As mentioned on WheelersPro u-tube, you gotta download the latest Android version v1.0.2 from begode site. Somehow i have to use my PC then only it downloads. He did mentioned this.

Edited by yuweng
Update info

On 6/19/2021 at 2:58 AM, yuweng said:

Just brick my mcm5 yesterday doing firmware upgrade, luckily with the help of a fellow rider dealer friend i manage to unbrick it ^_^ Atm its the same firmware GW1401001 as my board so no point updating, you have been warned :lol:

As mentioned on WheelersPro u-tube, you gotta download the latest Android version v1.0.2 from begode site. Somehow i have to use my PC then only it downloads. He did mentioned this.

looks like i do have the latest begode app. maybe my "black" board really isn't a black board?

Screenshot_20210624-084801_Begode.jpg

20210609_193410.jpg

15 hours ago, Doug Hnut said:

looks like i do have the latest begode app. maybe my "black" board really isn't a black board?

you need to create an account to be able to flash firmware, try it

• 3 weeks later...

I may need to get a new MCM5 board due to failure of the dc converter. Every system connected to 12V and 5V no longer work, including fan, bluetooth speaker, USB and light. Where can I get the black motherboard? Is contacting gotway directly ( https://www.facebook.com/gotwaycn/ ) the best way to go?

Edited by thendless

Generally step down buck converters are quite robust & easy to repair if damaged, try with your local electronic shops, i'm sure they are able to repair it. But first, disconnect all 12v & 5v from board, measure with multimeter, it could just be shutting down from over current or short circuit from one of the device, BT, headlight etc.

On 7/11/2021 at 9:08 AM, thendless said:

Is contacting gotway directly ( https://www.facebook.com/gotwaycn/ ) the best way to go?

Try your local dealer first, whole world is in shortage because of disruption cause by covid, it could be months before your board can reach your hand :P

• 3 weeks later...