Begode / Gotway  black motherboard

1 hour ago, zeroSIXzero said:

Am I understanding it correctly thet there is a black controllerboard working for MSX84 volt?

All MSP are 100volt... are they not? 

All of the boards Begode is making right now use the same hardware no matter the voltage. The biggest limiting factor is the voltage rating on the big Capacitors, and the ones used for the 100v systems can also be used for the 84v systems (just not the other way around).The only real difference between the boards now is the firmware. As evidence, I just received a new black board for my 84v Monster, complete with the 168v caps used in the modern 100v wheels where traditionally Gotway/Begode has always used 100v caps for 84v systems because they cost less.

Edited by Arbolest
  • Like 3

Received my black motherboard last week for my MCM5 V2. One thing I noticed is that there is an extra 4 pin connector, looking at the other black motherboards I believe it is for the LCD display that is being installed on some newer models like the Tesla T3. I wonder if this will be added in the next version of the MCM5 or it was just easier to include it in all new motherboards?

81gh7Z4.jpegMfgH5Gi.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/3/2021 at 1:09 PM, Arbolest said:

All of the boards Begode is making right now use the same hardware no matter the voltage. The biggest limiting factor is the voltage rating on the big Capacitors, and the ones used for the 100v systems can also be used for the 84v systems (just not the other way around).The only real difference between the boards now is the firmware. As evidence, I just received a new black board for my 84v Monster, complete with the 168v caps used in the modern 100v wheels where traditionally Gotway/Begode has always used 100v caps for 84v systems because they cost less.

And from whom did you buy it?

• 1 month later...
38 minutes ago, Augus said:

I have RS C38 black motherboard and when I'm going to update firmware I see 2 updates, 'RS C38' and 'RS C38 accelerated stability'. Which one do you recommend?

try both, it's rider preference and depends what mode you ride most

c38 stock is more like gotway classic

accelerated stability keep more the pedal flat, rise them when you accelerate and lower them when you brake

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/5/2021 at 11:13 AM, Paco_LUE said:

Any of you has updated his black motherboard though the app? In affirmative case, which wheel model? Thanks! 

lot of boards for me and my friends : mcm5 RS EXN EX

• 2 months later...
On 10/17/2021 at 12:08 PM, EMA said:

try both, it's rider preference and depends what mode you ride most

c38 stock is more like gotway classic

accelerated stability keep more the pedal flat, rise them when you accelerate and lower them when you brake

sorry to revive this old thread, but do you mean for accelerated stability your toes or heels will raise? just confused with knowing what is rising or falling. And is it roughly the same behavior on all ride modes? any new observations or opinions about 'accelerated stability' versus the classic gotway tuning we all know?

I'm just hesitant to play with the firmware before I know what I'm doing. Whatever can go wrong will.

17 minutes ago, Denny Paul said:

sorry to revive this old thread, but do you mean for accelerated stability your toes or heels will raise? just confused with knowing what is rising or falling. And is it roughly the same behavior on all ride modes? any new observations or opinions about 'accelerated stability' versus the classic gotway tuning we all know?

I'm just hesitant to play with the firmware before I know what I'm doing. Whatever can go wrong will.

Accelerated Stability is the new behaviour where the front of the pedal will rise as you push into it. This seems to counter pedal dips while accelerating out of corners. It will also raise the back of the pedal when you brake - this is actually detrimental to braking because you lose braking leverage the harder you brake. Having pedals calibrated 1-2 degrees tilted back helps.

At first it is a very weird feeling if you're used to the old firmware. I even thought my wheel was defective when the pedals went up and down like crazy when you push hard on them. Got used to it eventually and doesn't bother me much when switching between wheels now. IMO worth the change for less pedal dipping.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

@Dangeruss - probably not a "black board" specific problem... some percentage of all controllers have manufacturing defects and are dead on arrival.

If you've got a brand new board, connected properly, and a known-working fan won't turn on (e.g.: if you gently warm the board past 50°C with a hair dryer), you should contact your vendor and request a replacement. It happens.

5 hours ago, Dangeruss said:

Anyone installed this board on a monster V3? For some reason my fan Bluetooth speaker and lights aren't working correctly.

I have indeed! It works perfectly for me. Based on your symptoms, it sounds like the DC-DC converter board (the small one off to the side) may either be inoperable, damaged, or incorrectly connected (ribbon cable not seated properly). Verify that the ribbon cable coming from the main control board is seated properly on both ends, and if it is then definitely follow the suggestion from @RagingGrandpa and contact your vendor! Good luck and keep us posted!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Just got a new black board for my 84v Nikola and anyone could help me identify where I plug those cables?? 

They didn't send my any layout instructions

Thanks!

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, RagingGrandpa said:

These connector colors are standard across all of today's Gotway boards, even if their positions on the board vary from model to model: 

AM-JKLU3hJlnu8EwTWmWtauT-z0XV6EkXbcHmrUC 

Thanks.

But see my photos. I'm one cable left, plugged in a yellow connector, but no yellow in my new board... Wires are a bit thicker than the others..

https://photos.app.goo.gl/hSc9s7NoCmgZUBCj8

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Eric plam said:

see my photos. I'm one cable left

AM-JKLWi67EYzkXvIOl1MP4MU1bKiAYIWGpkEJSH

I think it's the Nikola headlight.
Better prove it- leave it disconnected, and check that everything else works with your new board.

It should go in the 2nd-from-the-right white receptacle on your new board, next to the jumpered-out connector.
Perhaps they ran out of yellow connectors in your batch :( 

AM-JKLUJjv9VVSgGRGPTMOAaTV9Is8uQv_It6yci

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

New question... I'm considering repurposing a black MSP controller for use in an MSuper RS, by installing the controller onto the RS heatsink. 

The controller mounting is turned 90° in RS, so MSP firmware won't work of course.

Can I just load RS firmware to the MSP board?
Has anyone tried this sort of crossflashing? @Freestyler do you know?

TIA

Yeap, it can be done with some trickery.

Already done it for several people.

But, from what I remember your board was not flashable even though it's black. Is that right?

You can confirm by connecting to euc dash and checking the firmware version (or lack thereof).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2