EX:AR mountainwheel spec

Calling @Alien Rides:

Since you discovered how to raid the Gotway parts bin, please would you consider building a batch like this:

Shell: EX
Motor stator: MonPro (40mm magnets)
Motor covers/bearings: MonPro
Rim: EX Suspension
Pedal hangers: EX.N
Controller: EX Suspension
Battery: 1800wh (2 packs mounted in the front position); include harness connections for pack #3 so users could add it later
Tire: K262

I think all the parts exist already, we just need them to bolt together this combo. I have a bunch of locals eager for it, and I'm sure we're not alone ;)

Thx for consideration

23 hours ago, Alien Rides said:

https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/23223-alien-ridesbegode-collab-nikola-ar-2700wh/

I hope this is the first of many wheel evolutions we're going to release.

Edited by RagingGrandpa
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, RagingGrandpa said:

Calling @Alien Rides:

Since you discovered how to raid the Gotway parts bin, please would you consider building a batch like this:

Shell: EX
Motor stator: MonPro (40mm magnets)
Motor covers/bearings: MonPro
Rim: EX Suspension
Pedal hangers: EX.N
Controller: EX Suspension
Battery: 1800wh (2 packs mounted in the front position); include harness connections for pack #3 so users could add it later
Tire: K262

I think all the parts exist already, we just need them to bolt together this combo. I have a bunch of locals eager for it, and I'm sure we're not alone ;)

Thx for consideration

the parts listed already exist, but i think it's easier removing the suspension from the EX motor and makes pedals hanger for it ;)

could be even better makes the EXN with the c38 motor (lighter) which was already pointed to Begode attention ;) 

• 4 weeks later...

Awww, they chose C38 :(

https://alienrides.com/collections/electric-unicycles/products/gotway-begode-ex-n-torque
Built with the C38 motor, the EXN torque has serious off-roading and hill-climbing abilities.

Not bad, but I still dream of that C40 and its gorgeous stator...

• Like 1

On 5/20/2021 at 9:55 AM, Camenbert said:

Where you guys get these interesting info?

EX motor is absolutely insane in terms of torque smoothness and power delivery, but c38 motor is close and it's lighter.

they are also reducing the bearing size on it, smart choise ;)

EX motor weight 14.5 kg, i don't have a naked c30 or c38 to compare but should be around 9kg

Edited by EMA
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

I'm tempted to order EX Motor and controller as replacements for my EX.N . Did someone ever try to mount EX.N Pedalhangers to EX Motor? Or would RS C38 Motor and Controller be the better option? I certainly love the range of my EX.N, but could utilize more torque in my hilly area. If there had been an EX.N HT version, i'd have bought that.

5 hours ago, btl said:

Did someone ever try to mount EX.N Pedalhangers to EX Motor?

No.
EX:Suspension and EX.N have totally different motors, with different stator hubs, bearings, and side covers.

If you wanted to convert EX.N to EX:Suspension, you'd need the entire motor-rim-suspension-hanger assembly (and the different controller to match the 40mm motor).
And even then it's no guarantee to match your shell, since they've revised it since the first EX's were produced.

2 hours ago, btl said:

Almost :-) I'd want EX.N Speed to EX.N Torque conversion, if possible from parts.

An alternate version Ex.n is expected to come out with the c38 high torque motor straight from the factory in the near future. 

1 hour ago, RagingGrandpa said:

Ah. Then it just depends on if your new C38 motor has the gen1 hub or the gen2 hub... because the pedal hangers must match the hub design.

I see. So i have to order RS HT Motor Gen1 Hub (large bearings) and RS HT black controlboard?

Sure i could just wait until EX.N HT becomes available. But i think i'd loose more money on selling my EX.N Speed and buying new EX.N HT than on upgrading with parts, when i can even sell my used parts to somone in need of a repair.

2 hours ago, btl said:

RS HT Motor Gen1 Hub (large bearings) and RS HT black controlboard

Well, better to have an EX.N HT controlboard, since the heatsink shape is different.
Or, you could probably move an RS HT board onto your old EX.N heatsink, but that's even more labor...

Finally, watch out for motor cable length: an RS motor cable may be too short to reach the board mounting location for EX, since RS is more compact.
(Motor cables are very difficult to splice and extend in a durable and reliable way, and if they fail, you crash immediately.)

2 hours ago, btl said:

i'd <lose> more money on selling my EX.N Speed and buying new EX.N HT

If you have an intact and working EUC, and want a different model, I think it's better (and sometimes cheaper!) to sell it and buy something new, than to convert it...
The market for good used-condition EUCs is much larger than the market for used parts.

Edited by RagingGrandpa
  • Like 1

On 7/28/2021 at 1:51 PM, Denny Paul said:

An alternate version Ex.n is expected to come out with the c38 high torque motor straight from the factory in the near future. 

I'm quite temped to preorder one of these. AlienRides is the only seller that serving the USA that I've seen so far. I even messaged an ali seller and they didn't even know what it existed

Edited by I_Must_Bust

On 7/30/2021 at 12:42 AM, gon2fast said:

eWheels will have the EXnT with the upgraded battery options. I would reach out for a deposit now as they are only going to get so many.

They don't even have the EX.n speed on their site. Is this some secret menu type thing?

1 hour ago, I_Must_Bust said:

They don't even have the EX.n speed on their site. Is this some secret menu type thing?

You have to contact them and ask to put a deposit in. The initial build quality (EX & Monster Pro) was not up to eWheel's standards so they have not advertised the models.  Once their custom builds (Monster Pro, EX, EXn) are finalized they should appear on the website.

2 hours ago, BleepBloopBlop said:

For what its worth I've read Begode has discontinued the EX since switching motor suppliers and going to a smaller bearing hubless design..

EX will be updated with new motor supplier ;)

• Like 2

On 7/31/2021 at 10:27 PM, gon2fast said:

You have to contact them and ask to put a deposit in. The initial build quality (EX & Monster Pro) was not up to eWheel's standards so they have not advertised the models.  Once their custom builds (Monster Pro, EX, EXn) are finalized they should appear on the website.

Interesting, thanks.

On 8/7/2021 at 12:16 PM, lirva said:

EX controller with C40 in RS body. https://rd.se/products/irsx-20-ht-c40-pro

Awesome!

On 8/7/2021 at 2:07 PM, BleepBloopBlop said:

I doubt you could really discharge enough energy out of a 1800wh pack

Not true.

For the same ride (at offroading speeds <50kph) the C40 motor will be more efficient and require the same or less input power than the original C30 from MSuperRS.

1800wh is a really big pack... perhaps you forgot the state of the art just 2 years ago, with 1230wh MSX's being normal?

• Like 1