(Video) practicing in the kitchen to ride backwards better...

Bryan Wells

Yeah, Impressive riding!  I also use the kitchen, and livingroom, I'm just glad it does not leave black marks on the floors, or my wife would kick me out.  Love the dog, he's well behaved, my Shepherd likes to go lay just where I'm trying to ride.  She's jealous of the wheel. :wub:

6 hours ago, DangerousDick said:

You're making that all look far too easy Bryan - and bending down to pat Chubby later on is just too much ;)

How long to get this good?

I have been riding since November 10th, this year, started riding backwards early December.

I probably have 200 miles on EU's

1 hour ago, trya said:

@Bryan Wells - you seem to be riding barefoot, is this on purpose? very impressive skill :)

I just don't wear shoes in my house because all the carpet, nothing to do with riding. The socks make it harder if you ask me, they slip everywere.

1 hour ago, dpong said:

Obviously an unmarried man. ;)

Oh I got a ring on it ;) she rides too!

59 minutes ago, DSeucist said:

Wow man, that impressive!

I'm trying to do that also in my room and have some progress in riding backwards...but you gave me inspiration for more mastering :)

Thanks man. All you need to do is plan to spend an entire battery in one session riding backwards. Avoid going forward. It's like the day you started riding EU's all over again.:)

Tried it myself today, in the kitchen as well, without the dog however, two very curious cats RSVP'd though.
Respect for you has grown even more. Very impressive and hard to do, your skills have my respect!

1 hour ago, Tyred said:

Tried it myself today, in the kitchen as well, without the dog however, two very curious cats RSVP'd though.
Respect for you has grown even more. Very impressive and hard to do, your skills have my respect!

Thanks Tyred, It take just as long as learning to ride forward all over again. your habbits from going forward need to be 100% backasswards to do it. The longer you keep riding forwards the more of a "bad" habit you will get towards reverse. So cut off going forward and use a wall to start.

Riding backwards with your hands on the a poll helps. Using Shopping Cart to ride backwards. Riding backwards on grass at higher speeds. Finally, riding backwards while following the circle on the ground (ie. circle lines on a basketball court). I think the tire on the ninebot one are thicker than other brands, it may be easier than other euc brands to perform tricks.

I find when I am almost good enough to ride on cement, it helps a lot by switching to grass forward and backward riding. Afterwards, cement riding is much easier for me.

Speedyfeet uk got the best training videos on youtube with advance techniques like 180 degree turns, jumping, riding bumps, riding backwards, etc

here is the link https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLN2A3b85jdnPWbyMshvORvRbk8i3CmCiJ

For those not using custom shells already! The speedfeet translucent outer shell kicks ass. The light rings actually shows on the back and front https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24nNHag2Oqc

3 hours ago, Tyred said:

Actually interested in this as well. Does it give you a better balance?

I quoted on this earlier, but no I just hate shoes in the house lol.

as far as shoes goes, the more grip you have on your peddles the better FOR LEARNING.

After you are good to go backwards I prefer my peddles a little slippery like they come stock, being able to adjust foot placement by twisting my shoe mid ride is very important to me. You simply cant do this with added grip tape on them. you'l be hopping around funny to adjust and risk total dismount mid ride! Ouch!

Learning to ride backwards just make sure your peddles are dry, and you got shoes on (not slippers) they fly off your feet running backwards to catch yourself haha. I am about to post a tutorial video for all things riding backwards for you guys as many seem to have questions :)

On 1/3/2016 at 1:18 AM, Bryan Wells said:

Thanks Tyred, It take just as long as learning to ride forward all over again. your habbits from going forward need to be 100% backasswards to do it. The longer you keep riding forwards the more of a "bad" habit you will get towards reverse. So cut off going forward and use a wall to start.

Not sure about that. I didn't train going backwards for the first 1000+km, yet starting now I seem to be able to learn it rather quickly and smoothly and without assisting wall. I am not yet at your backward and idling skills level though.  

Archived