FS: MSX 100V 1230wh, ~14+11 miles, Louisville KY, $1500 (SOLD)

Had 14 miles on the original main board, now has a brand new MSP/RS c30 main board installed and rides beautifully.

Price is $1500 shipped (see next paragraph), negotiable.

Shipping to the contiguous US/Canada, and only willing to pay up to $150 of shipping.

Includes the stock charger and silver Nikola pedals installed, comes in original box. Stock pads installed.

Payment via PayPal Goods and Services for both our protection. Willing to do local pickup within 2 hours' drive.

I'll respond to PMs and messages in this topic in the order they're received based on timestamp.

Edit: More photos of scratches, and screencaps of freespin speed and odometer here:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=11nFgVvyPWGKvrFwlnOjWmRID26r9IrWU

Edit 2: Sale on hold until I install a new control board, found an issue in my test riding and want to get that fixed. Feel free to inquire in the mean time. Thank you!

Edit 3: Back on the market, new control board fixed its oscillation issue, but disabled USB port and headlamp is always on (confirmed correct behavior of single lamp on the new board with Jason at ewheels, no problem with the board). New pictures added to the Google Drive folder with new freespin speed and new board.

Background:

Found in El Paso severely underpriced but local pickup only. I had a friend ship it to me, essentially as a speculative investment opportunity but also to hopefully get it in the hands of someone who would actually ride it. I also had possible plans to take its control board and motor and turn my MSP into a high-speed version, but I found a better alternative for that plan and I'm just selling this wheel instead.

Its story is that the guy's son got it a year ago and put 2.3 miles on it failing to learn how to ride, so rather than taking up space in his living room he wanted it gone. It was listed for $800, I paid to have it shipped to me, tested it, found this oscillation issue occurred specifically while riding seated, and so I ordered a new board from eWheels for $250. That fixed the issue and increased the top speed a bit but made the headlamp always-on because of the old single-bulb design, and disabled the USB port because the cable was now too short to reach where the pins are located on the new board.

This wheel is being sold very nearly at cost now despite its initial price when I found it. I'm not some kind of professional wheel-flipper, it just seemed like a good single-case opportunity and a fun project, but if this bothers you then please look at another offering.

Edit 4: c30 motor and new board dolt to friend, building a frankenwheel with remaining parts that will be listed here for $900.

16167971374813300348120904973969.jpg

Edited by Dan Hillary
New details for the sale

1 hour ago, Denny Paul said:

I'll offer $800 bucks for it...

Man, you guys should work on the negativity in your life. I have no problem sharing the Carfax.

It was bought in El Paso severely underpriced. I incurred the risk of buying sight-unseen from an uninitiated second-hand owner and as a result am replacing the control board to fix front-back ocillation. I also paid the shipping to get it here and have the know-how to inspect it, ride it and sell it with full confidence that it's a working, discontinued, in-demand model. I have it priced $400 under what it would take to buy a 2 months backordered RS, and this won't have hollow-bore motor bearing issues.

Also, if being 10lbs lighter at the cost of 600wh is worth it to you, then you might be my buyer, but if not you're welcome to look at another listing. 🙂

Edited by Dan Hillary

• Dan Hillary changed the title to Paused: MSX 100V 1230wh, 25 miles, Louisville KY, $1750+shipping

This forum is starting to get used by euc buy-and-flip side hustlers.  As a community, it shouldn’t be hard to find a good solution. 

For starters, If someone is a flipper, they should be identified as such. Why not? There is one thing I do no appreciate: someone poses as an eager buyer, when they are in truth “eager seller.”

As this situation illustrates higher prices on used euc’s will be one obvious and guaranteed result. All that’s needed is to find someone who sells too low or buys too high (and ideally both).

The problem is that the flippers get the benefits of this forum—the single largest market of euc enthusiasts. What measures can there be to ensure the community’s needs come first? It’s not negative, Dan, it is reasonable.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Denny Paul said:

I'll offer $800 bucks for it, which is probably what you paid, cause that's what it was listed for

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/4077614605603383/?referralSurface=messenger_lightspeed_banner&referralCode=messenger_banner

I’ll offer 900 + shipping! 🙃 He “tested” it. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dan Hillary said:

Man, you guys should work on the negativity in your life. I have no problem sharing the Carfax.

It was bought in El Paso severely underpriced. I incurred the risk of buying sight-unseen from an uninitiated second-hand owner and as a result am replacing the control board to fix front-back ocillation. I also paid the shipping to get it here and have the know-how to inspect it, ride it and sell it with full confidence that it's a working, discontinued, in-demand model. I have it priced $400 under what it would take to buy a 2 months backordered RS, and this won't have hollow-bore motor bearing issues.

Also, if being 10lbs lighter at the cost of 600wh is worth it to you, then you might be my buyer, but if not you're welcome to look at another listing. 🙂

I call BS, send screen shot of the Bluetooth ID then. If it’s the same, we will know it didn’t need a new board. If you get defensive about this, we all know you didn’t replace anything. 

I got no problems with scalping, trying to overprice a scalp is a whole different game altogether and you deserve every bit of shame coming your way. 

58 minutes ago, Treatz said:

As a community, it shouldn’t be hard to find a good solution.

Chiming in with the original sale like @Denny Paul did is fine, then people can decide themselves if they want to buy a EUC upmarked 200% and above new value.

The forum moderation can't do much without suddenly being responsible for things, but as far as I'm concerned, I'd encourage members to add information or warnings about a sale. Sellers are free to sell at any price, but not free from critical reactions. The good of the community and forum users prevails.

Edited by null
  • Like 1

I have to side with the OP on this, seems he’s being responsible with trying to ensure the unit is sound, and is pricing to see what the market will bear. Does one ever have to say that it’s a flip? To me it would be more transparent to have discussed the pedigree of the wheel in the original posting but I can also see that part being discussed during negotiations.

It’s a used wheel, we now know it’s on at least it’s second owner. As long as buyers understand that and the seller is truthful about the wheel’s history 🤷‍♀️

1 hour ago, Ben Kim said:

I call BS, send screen shot of the Bluetooth ID then...

Dude, it does need a new board. I just found out after my test ride last night, and I ordered the new board last night.

I won't sell it until I've switched it out and have checked that the front-back oscillation issue is fixed as a result.

You can call it whatever you want, but I found a severely under-priced wheel in a location that was utterly inaccessible to you, and I'm bringing it to the national market at what I believe is the market value. Maybe I won't get my original price, maybe I'll have to come down a couple hundred dollars, we'll see what the market decides.

What's in there now is the original board, it has 13 miles on the odometer because of my ride last night. When the new board comes in it will go back to zero, and I'll make note of the change in my original post. 

Jesus. I guess thanks for being the scalping police in your free time? I sure wouldn't classify what I'm doing as scalping though.

Edit: When you play BS, there's a cost to calling someone out. You don't have one here, but I'll mollify you anyway. I'll post another screenshot when the new board is here and installed.

Screenshot_20210327-124511.png

Edited by Dan Hillary

1 hour ago, Dan Hillary said:

Dude, it does need a new board. I just found out after my test ride last night, and I ordered the new board last night.

I won't sell it until I've switched it out and have checked that the front-back oscillation issue is fixed as a result.

What's in there now is the original board, it has 13 miles on the odometer because of my ride last night. When the new board comes in it will go back to zero, and I'll make note of the change in my original post. 

All excellent, community supporting, responsible things to do. Seeing a problem and fixing it beforehand with an EUC is a safety thing, so its nice to see people try to keep other's people's experience good. Legally, you don't even have to, used sales are 'as is,' and up to the buyer to vet it out beforehand.

1 hour ago, Tawpie said:

Does one ever have to say that it’s a flip?

No, you don't have to say that...

1 hour ago, Dan Hillary said:

Jesus. I guess thanks for being the scalping police in your free time? I sure wouldn't classify what I'm doing as scalping though.

...But at this point call a spade a spade right? Using your words, you're buying an "in-demand model" for a "severely under-priced" value and trying to sell it for as much as you can get for it. Buy cheap, sell higher. Nothing wrong with that. You see the same thing with used car dealerships, pawn shops, and yeah scalping. When a person sees a more extreme example of it, it tends to rub them the wrong way. I think that's roughly what we're seeing here.

This is not something that necessarily helps a budding niche hobby get more traction. A lot of us here want the community to grow in hopes that more people will bring better products, or we'll all collectively enjoy it more, or whatever. That's how I see it anyway. In it for the fun of it, trying to pass it along. Not everyone aligns with that, and I mean this genuinely, that's okay, to each their own.

But shit, at least own up to it.

Edited by Denny Paul
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Dan Hillary said:

You can call it whatever you want, but I found a severely under-priced wheel in a location that was utterly inaccessible to you, and I'm bringing it to the national market at what I believe is the market value. Maybe I won't get my original price, maybe I'll have to come down a couple hundred dollars, we'll see what the market decides.

Edit: When you play BS, there's a cost to calling someone out. You don't have one here, but I'll mollify you anyway. I'll post another screenshot when the new board is here and installed.

Screenshot_20210327-124511.png

Free time? You were begging me to look at your post “when it’s available” in my WTB post, so naturally I looked. No rule against calling out an overpriced wheel with no warranty. Evidently many others agree with me in this thread. 

PS: Given the supposed problems you’re having with the wheel, it wasnt as underpriced as you think now, is it?

Edited by Ben Kim

4 hours ago, RetroThruster said:

IMO conversations should not be allowed in sales threads, contact seller via PM with questions/comments/concerns.

As this is not a sales forum but an euc forum giving their members a subforum for their private sales activuties and noone gets provisions on sales the rules are not very strict and especially not tuned to maximize turnover.

This sales subforum is intended to have a possibility to "get rid" of ones used wheels and help new riders getting some used, good priced entry point. It's private community trading! So everyone hiding something, trying too "overdo profit" has good chances to get questioned.

Seems some good arguments got pointed out here and no unfair putting down  - if its such a wanted wheel and worth the price it'll work.out, if the new wheels from the shop with warranty are a better deal for buyers the'll choose this. Now even not informed people trying to get a new wheel have pointers to help them deciding in regard to this offer.

But, yes - imo bout (a bit more than) enough is said. If people want to go on with discussions this should happen in other subforums.

Edited by Chriull
  • Like 3

38 minutes ago, Chriull said:

Now even not informed people trying to get a new wheel have pointers to help them deciding in regard to this offer.

Agree 100%.

That's what a forum is for.

• Dan Hillary changed the title to FS: MSX 100V 1230wh, ~14+11 miles, Louisville KY, $1500
  • Dan Hillary changed the title to FS: MSX 100V 1230wh, ~14+11 miles, Louisville KY, $1500 (SOLD)