V11 270 lbs Range Test

Rich Sam

Not clinical by any means but did attempt to @15 with some carving for fun...   Dusk river trail run.  Battery was 95% to start,  ended trip 14 miles later with 47% left.

I would say on a full charge keeping it @15 mph a heavy rider of 270lbs could push the v11 just over 30 miles to be safe.

Not bad!

https://euc.world/tour/595039331346140

31 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

That’s enough for twice around Thrilla in Woodinvilla! (barely)

some serious elevation change on that route, tolt trail right next to my house :)  I don't think I would get anywhere close to 30 miles on that route hehe.

• Like 1

For reference: 110kg (240lbs) riding weight, riding normally (pretty fast, avg ~25km/h), riding until the very end of the Go Home Mode, knobby tire:

60km @ 15•C

50km @ 0•C

40km @ -10•C

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mike_bike_kite said:

Perhaps this should be seen as an incentive to loose some weight gentlemen? ;)

Bollocks. Referring to my previous post above, if anything it’s an incentive to warm up the planet, FAST!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mike_bike_kite said:

It continues to be very helpful to see threads about the riding experiences of heavier people. At 6'1" and 235 lbs sure, I could lose 15-20 pounds if I only did endurance training and carb starved myself for months, but I will never, ever be 175 or less, weights many of the ride reviews are based on. Some heavy riders are also taller than me and super lean and strong (I only need to look to my 6'4" and above immediate family), all of us need more info on the riding experiences for full sized men.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mike_bike_kite said:

Ha! Way ahead of you, I was 290, I'm now 270 and still losing fast on Carnivore diet.  I'm hoping to hit @220 zone and take stock on how I feel at that weight.  I can't lie that the EUC has been a big inspiration already for my gains.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, UniMe said:

It continues to be very helpful to see threads about the riding experiences of heavier people. At 6'1" and 235 lbs sure, I could lose 15-20 pounds if I only did endurance training and carb starved myself for months, but I will never, ever be 175 or less, weights many of the ride reviews are based on. Some heavy riders are also taller than me and super lean and strong (I only need to look to my 6'4" and above immediate family), all of us need more info on the riding experiences for full sized men.

Yes!  My hopes are other heavy people not feeling like they are excluded from this sport.  Perhaps like me, once they feel the pure joy of riding perhaps they can choose to lose weight as well.  Or not if they are happy where they are.

There are lots of range tests for folks way below an attainable weight for me, not very many at reviews even close to my weight.  ThaBlackCobra was probably the most in depth review of the v11 and if I'm not mistaken is around the 220lbs range.

9 minutes ago, mike_bike_kite said:

I'll admit I'm not skinny myself (6'3" and 212 lbs). I'd like to loose 10 lbs but it's difficult when one of the few pleasures left in post Covid UK is eating.

If you're feeling chubby at that weight/height you either have a very lean build naturally or need to hit the squat rack :) My family just isn't built like that, I was 175 at 16 years old and had a 29" waist and was only about 5'10".

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UniMe said:

If you're feeling chubby at that weight/height you either have a very lean build naturally or need to hit the squat rack :) My family just isn't built like that, I was 175 at 16 years old and had a 29" waist and was only about 5'10".

Me as well, you know thin folks sometimes want bulk, while some bulky guys wish to be thinner.  I always had a thick bone structure that goes beyond being just fat.  I grew up swimming and have a swimmer's back and shoulders.  Very wide shoulders. I'm thinking 220 is going to be a good weight for me, if not, I will keep going.

@Rich Samthis is awesome info and thank you for sharing.

I'm trying to decide between a v11 and the RS 19 and my height and weight (6'2" ~220lbs) has me worried that the V11 wouldn't be up to the task.  Seems like my decision is coming down to whether I want to have less stress on my knees and back or if I want a larger safety margin at speed and up hills.

Have you ever felt that you have had to slow down heading up hills or that you were on the edge of the V11's ability to keep you upright?

• Like 2

I moved up from my KS 18xl (2000 watt) to the RS HT. The RS is a GW product, and feels more primitive than my KS, but it handles my weight and riding style much better. I would frequently trigger the 80% warning on my XL but haven't been able to push the RS that hard yet (yet being the operative word, I haven't had it very long lol)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UniMe said:

full sized men

ROFL, that's a new one on me--another (loaded) euphemism to add to the list along with "big-boned". So apparently according to UniMe any dudes under ~225 lbs--including large swaths of most men in some entire countries/continents--are less than full-sized men/aren't fully men?

I'll extend the benefit of the doubt that (hopefully) you didn't mean it that way (although who knows, maybe you did). But really, there are already a host of functional euphemisms for this kind of use ("athletic" and the like), no need to invent another one that turns the subject into "us versus them" divided by weight class.

Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, dangasaur said:

@Rich Samthis is awesome info and thank you for sharing.

I'm trying to decide between a v11 and the RS 19 and my height and weight (6'2" ~220lbs) has me worried that the V11 wouldn't be up to the task.  Seems like my decision is coming down to whether I want to have less stress on my knees and back or if I want a larger safety margin at speed and up hills.

Have you ever felt that you have had to slow down heading up hills or that you were on the edge of the V11's ability to keep you upright?

Not at all, V11 has surpassed all my expectations by a long shot on how it moves my fat butt up hills, I live smack dab in the middle of big hills in every direction and I have never set off my amperage pull alarm [set at 50 amps on euc world app] or have the device overheat.  Lately I have been trying to spike the amperage alarm by really leaning into a big hill against my power pads but yet to ever pull 50 amps.  I had really low expectations going in, but surprised in every way.  I consistently ride faster than most folks say I should, what can I say... I love speed.

I heard 60 amps is where you want to be concerned on the v11.

Edit: I do notice that on a big hill it is not as "peppy" as it is in the flats.  I can still accelerate on a steep incline with more power than I ever expected given my weight, just not as fast on the flats.

I believe most reviews of the v11 are first batch or pre-production.   InMotion gave it more power in 2nd batch I think, 3rd for sure if not second.  200 watt sustained power bump on the motor.

I would love to see Marty's overheat hill rematch with a late model v11.

Edited by Rich Sam
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, AtlasP said:

ROFL, that's a new one on me--another (loaded) euphemism to add to the list along with "big-boned". So apparently according to UniMe any dudes under ~225 lbs--including large swaths of most men in some entire countries/continents--are less than full-sized men/aren't fully men?

I'll extend the benefit of the doubt that (hopefully) you didn't mean it that way (although who knows, maybe you did). But really, there are already a host of functional euphemisms for this kind of use ("athletic" and the like), no need to invent another one that turns the subject into "us versus them" divided by weight class.

I can't speak for UniMe, but I can say I wish I was not big-boned.  All six years of my military service my weight vs height has always been jacked up.  at 5'10" I would trigger obesity alarm with my BMI scores and automatically send me to the doctors for caliper fat testing.  Every single time at twice a year it would show that I was WAAAY within acceptable fat levels.  Twice a year like clockwork I would fail acceptable BMI scores and require doctor scrutiny because I did not fall into their normal algorithms range.  I have a mutant chest and shoulders :)  Any jacket that would fit my shoulders would be a parachute in the waist.  Irony however is cruel and eventually my waist caught up hehe.

Well riders, like it or not you’re getting a bang up core and isometric leg workout on the wheel. When you were a fledgling you even got in a little arm/shoulder action from flapping. Ride off road and everything is working. More mass, better workout. And your balance is h.o.n.e.d.

So while the holier than thou but secretly jealous bi-cyclists will snort and say you’re cheating, you are not in the laz-e-boy anymore.

(keep speeding up little by little when they’re on your tail. when they’re puffing red in the face, slow down and let them pass... then stay on their tail for a while. It’s a great way to make enemies. Oh, first make sure the medal they have pinned to their jersey isn’t for the “bike lock throw”)

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, AtlasP said:

Naw, more that the EUC was initially designed for children (or so it seems) and the EUC reviews and test rides tend to be mainly from people 150 - 175 lbs i.e. welter and light weight men. An EUC performs completely differently with a 225 pound 'dude' on it i.e. me if I've been eating light for a week. I'm pretty lean at 220... that's all, and I don't appreciate being 'fat shamed' for my height to weight ratio.

1 hour ago, Tawpie said:

Well riders, like it or not you’re getting a bang up core and isometric leg workout on the wheel. When you were a fledgling you even got in a little arm/shoulder action from flapping. Ride off road and everything is working. More mass, better workout. And your balance is h.o.n.e.d.

So while the holier than thou but secretly jealous bi-cyclists will snort and say you’re cheating, you are not in the laz-e-boy anymore.

(keep speeding up little by little when they’re on your tail. when they’re puffing red in the face, slow down and let them pass... then stay on their tail for a while. It’s a great way to make enemies. Oh, first make sure the medal they have pinned to their jersey isn’t for the “bike lock throw”)

I believe it!  I'm honing road skills, I'm thinking any day now with no mud out, I'm going to hit Tolt McDonald trail.  I already rode a bit in firmish sand to just feel it.  It is definitely a different felling, much touchier on the turning.  Excited to hit it up!

Road riding has proven to use muscles I don't normally use, I bet off-road is more of the same.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, UniMe said:

the EUC reviews and test rides tend to be mainly from people 150 - 175 lbs i.e. welter and light weight men. 

I know all the standard performance figures for EUC's (speed, range) are produced with a rider weighing 154 lbs (70kg). That weight turns out to be the average weight for a European male. I guess I'm overweight :( 

• Like 1

If the battery display on my Inmotion app shows 95% after unplugging it from the charger I lose a LOT of possible range on my V10F. Even if it shows 100% after unplugging the actual battery voltage is still a good deal below the maximum 84V. The charger will keep charging the wheel a good time after the app shows 100%.

If you want to get the full range you need to leave the charger plugged in a LOOONG time after the wheel shows all five bars and almost as long after the app shows 100%.

I weigh around 295lbs in my gear and my V10F with only a 960Wh battery will easily carry me 40-45km in terrain that is almost all hills, at a speed between 20 and 25km/h.

Edited by mhpr262
  • Like 1

On 2/5/2021 at 7:58 PM, Tawpie said:

That’s enough for twice around Thrilla in Woodinvilla! (barely)

I did a mini thrilla in woodinvilla!  well my firs time riding off road, had a blast!!

Steep, muddy hill at the end of pipeline trail, shocked v11 carried me up it.

https://www.relive.cc/view/vPOpYNyPpE6

https://euc.world/tour/595197685502293

• Like 1