Inmotion v11 tire pressure ?

Finn Bjerke

I just realised the GW MSX ideal is 35 PSI which means My V11 is prob 35 psi - 5 psi .... = 30 PSI...  35 PSI makes the suspension less smoooooooooooooooooooooth and less wonderfull. 

Edited by Finn Bjerke

• 2 months later...
On 9/30/2020 at 6:22 PM, gon2fast said:

32psi. I weigh 255lbs/ 116kg?

Well, thanks again. I was just looking for the ideal pressure for my new V11, and found your answer here. I just happen to weigh 255 as well, so going to give your 32 psi a try. Glide on brother!

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, dellhem said:

It says 35-45 PSI on the tire, so why are all of you below the recommended pressure?

Many people like the cushiness from a lower pressure, and will go as low as possible without the tire falling off. It's a matter of taste really, I prefer higher pressure (40-50psi) to lower the rolling resistance and feel the ground better when manoeuvring.

As for what tire says: it's just an indication, you have quite a margin to go both higher and lower. (source: the forums experience for years) They are not intended for EUCs anyway.

Edited by null
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, null said:

Many people like the cushiness from a lower pressure, and will go as low as possible without the tire falling off. It's a matter of taste really, I prefer higher pressure to lower the rolling resistance and feel the ground better when manoeuvring.

As for what tire says: it's just an indication, you have quite a margin to go both higher and lower. (source: the forums experience for years)

Yeah, sure. I get the pros and cons of higher vs lower pressure. I just think that the manufacturer should know their tires best in relation to pressure and performance. Going outside of the recommendations in either directions could really decrease performance. I'm a new rider, so I'm just trying to understand the essentials. One tire, single point of failure. Feels like you should really understand this stuff :)

26 minutes ago, Freestyler said:

32-34 psi at 85-90kgs

Anything higher than that and I get wobbles at hard accelerations / braking

I definitely get the wobbles to when the pressure is too high. I'm currently at 43 PSI (80 kg) on recommendation from fellow rider.

• Like 1

Im 200lbs geared up and ride my tire at ~34 psi . 30 was to soft and 38 was to hard so i settled in the middle. Took me maybe 3-5 miles to get used to the higher pressure but now i wouldnt change it (i started on the v11 at 30 psi)

Edited by GoGeorgeGo
  • Like 1

I feel it totally depends on your weight, and I also believe pressure is a dynamic thing based on what you are doing.   If you are doing any drops or bumps you will need more pressure to protect your rim and prevent pinch flats with your tube.  If I'm just staying on the road I love the feel of a lot of pressure and how nimble it feels.  If I'm trail riding I like to run a little lower as the tire will give more and get more tire on the surface to allow more traction.

I have a portable electric pump that fits in my pack and I can change the pressure on the fly if needed.

• Like 1

Yeah I experimented a lot with my tyre pressures... started at 30psi——>28psi—->33psi—->now 35psi. I think I might go back down to either 32 or 30psi.  28 was nice a cushy especially with the suspension but I want better rolling efficiency. 35psi seems a little too firm so 32psi might be a good middle ground. Part of the fun of EUCs I guess... all the experimenting!