V11 - known issues and their status

Zopper

6 hours ago, overkiel said:

Is this a known issue?

I did have that in the beginning, but I thought it was fixed with a firmware upgrade. Which version are you running?

1 minute ago, AtlasP said:

You have to make sure to depress the button and hear the beep before you lift.

The issue is not that it starts to spin full speed, it’s that it won’t stop doing that no matter how long you hold the wheel in the air.

1 minute ago, mrelwood said:

The issue is not that it starts to spin full speed, it’s that it won’t stop doing that no matter how long you hold the wheel in the air.

Since the button is disabled once the wheel crosses a certain speed, no amount of button pressing will make a difference.

Edited by AtlasP

6 minutes ago, AtlasP said:

Since the button is disabled once the wheel crosses a certain speed, no amount of button pressing will make a difference.

Yes, but once it reaches the max speed, it should not stay at full speed indefinitely, but do that for a few seconds and then power off. That’s what all wheels usually do. That’s what my V11 does.

4 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

Yes, but once it reaches the max speed, it should not stay at full speed indefinitely, but do that for a few seconds and then power off. That’s what all wheels usually do. That’s what my V11 does.

That's assuming it's actually hitting anywhere close to max speed/overspeed. If it's not, and it's just spinning "really fast" (from the perception of the freaked out person holding it) but still well within its speed capabilities, then there'd be no reason for it to stop.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, overkiel said:

I have an issue where sometimes when I pick up my V11 while pressing on the anti spin button under the handle, the wheel will start spinning FULL SPEED and beeping, it can't be stopped which is insane. I can press/unpress the anti-spin button as many times as I want, or keep the power button pressed down to shut off and nothing ever happens, it just keeps spinning full speed and beeping (I'm guessing it's the max speed limit beep)

The only way to stop it is to place it on the floor where it'll smoke the tire and slow down leaving a nice black tire mark wherever I'm lucky enough to experience that.

This seems dangerous and definitely not a pleasant experience as it happens randomly. The first time I experienced something like this was a quick test on ice, it started spinning uncontrollably until it touched a grippy surface.

Is this a known issue? Anyone else have this happen? I wish it'd be fixed relatively soon

We had this happen to a V11 here. We stopped it from spinning by having a second person grab one of the pedals and pulling it up until the wheel was tilted to a 45 degree angle.

The wheel had really bad bearings, our theory was that the resistance from the deteriorating bearings prevented the wheel from achieving cutout speed. Whether that's true or not, now that the motor/bearings have been replaced, the wheel no longer has the issue.

I guess another option is to try and get the wheel to level and keep it there until the spinning stops, or at least slows down enough to put it down safely. I personally haven't had too much success with this but if your wheel has this problem frequently maybe it is a something you could practice.

Edited by winterwheel