ewheels vs EUCO

Shyy

Hi everyone, I just put a deposit down for the V11 from ewheels.  I just found out EUCO is offering an additional free charger with the second batch of deliveries.  I’m starting to have buyers remorse, has anyone purchased from EUCO?  I see more people mention ewheels but not EUCO.  Purchasing late in the game, do you think I am still eligible for the second batch?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Shyy said:

Hi everyone, I just put a deposit down for the V11 from ewheels.  I just found out EUCO is offering an additional free charger with the second batch of deliveries.  I’m starting to have buyers remorse, has anyone purchased from EUCO?  I see more people mention ewheels but not EUCO.  Purchasing late in the game, do you think I am still eligible for the second batch?

I’ve bought 4 wheels with euco so far. I have no complaints and they’re always quick to respond. I have on the other hand had issues with ewheels. I can say with some confidence that euco is a reputable seller. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jpd said:

I’ve bought 4 wheels with euco so far. I have no complaints and they’re always quick to respond. I have on the other hand had issues with ewheels. I can say with some confidence that euco is a reputable seller. 

Interesting. I’ve never had any issues at all with ewheels, and I’ve purchased 3 EUCs from them as well as a lot of accessories and replacement parts. They even replaced the motor on my V10F for free. I’ve never heard of anyone having a problem with ewheels.

Edited by TechShizzle
Spelling
  • Like 3

Thanks for the replies,

I received replies from both companies, ewheels wanted to sell me an additional charger for $80, so I cancelled and went with EUCO which is offering an additional 2.5a charger free (compliments from both EUCO and Inmotion US).  Really a no brainer as I can now leave one charger at work.  I think ewheels is a great company however this deal is too hard to pass up.

22 hours ago, Shyy said:

Thanks for the replies,

I received replies from both companies, ewheels wanted to sell me an additional charger for $80....

Was it  a 5 amp fast charger?

Bruce

I have bought all three of my euc’s (v11  newest) and our escooter from eWheels. Jason has gone above and beyond for me in terms of after the sell service and support. I hear the same first hand from others in my area. 

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

I'm ewheels.com all the way. I was on the fence whether or not to preorder my v11 from ewheels.com or euco. I purchased my v10f from ewheels.com and it came fast. I recently had my motor die on my v10f and I purchased a new one from euco because that's where inmotion leads you for spare parts. Euco sent the motor and brackets quickly but i need screws and special washers to attach the brackets to the motor otherwise it is useless. I have sent 8 emails to euco trying to get the necessary pieces and Elmer can't seem to comprehend what pieces I need and is not able to receive pictures to help him with his lack of comprehension. I contacted ewheels.com about my situation and he knew what pieces I needed immediately and offered to attach them for me, they also said they only sell the motors with the brackets already attached because they know how difficult it is to attach. Ewheels.com has been in the game longer and it shows in their knowledge of the products they sell. I now have a v11 preorder from ewheels.com as they know their products.

• Like 2

EWheels and "Inmotion USA" are both distributors.  On the map at https://www.inmotionworld.com/where-to-buy, they are peers.

Saturation with Inmotion's name and trademarks by one of those distributors (having pivoted from "Solowheel") may be more a slick marketing technique than a sign of actual greater authenticity.  To be fair, no doubt it is to Inmotion's advantage to have a few distributors "flying the flag" as it were, because some customers will not write a check otherwise.  Thus, it is not pure sleaze.  It may truly make the pie bigger.

In any event, competition should benefit us all. 

P.S. It can be hard to say where exactly vigorous marketing strays into unfairness to the consumer or a disservice to the marketplace, but "Inmotion USA" might be misleading on its page titled "unauthorized dealers", at least as the page stands today.  Gray-market dealers may be slippery fish, so it's understandable that there is no naming-of-their-names on this page, but instead the page gives a short list of "authorized dealers".  I notice that EWheels is not on that list.  Well, if you read the page carefully, and if you remember from Inmotion's website that "Inmotion USA" is just one of the Inmotion distributors in the USA, you can see how the page, interpreted narrowly, does not exactly tell an untruth.  I believe the page is a referral to some partners of "Inmotion USA", not an exclusive list of proper and honorable Inmotion shops.  As such, the information can be helpful, but only if people understand the context. 

https://www.myinmotion.com/blogs/news/unauthorized-dealers  (read carefully!)

I hope "Inmotion USA" will clarify its website to remove any misunderstanding about this.  They may be very fine folks, but that particular page could easily be misunderstood.

• 1 month later...

I no longer do business with EUCO/IM due to poor customer service. I am sure that they are adequate when dealing with items that they actively have in stock, but I am having trouble getting my initial S18 deposit refunded. 

Full disclosure - EUCO refunded the balance minus the deposit on the wheel, but for some reason can't get the initial deposit back to me which was on a different card. Not happy with the lack of follow through...

California State University?

No fair from San Francisco. 

Someone from California State University Los Angeles (or CSU Sacramento) explain it to me. :confused1:

I've been to our state university and it's called the University of California. (I don't know what they got going on in Frisco).

Edited by RayRay

47 minutes ago, RayRay said:

No fair from San Francisco. 

Someone from California State University Los Angeles (or CSU Sacramento) explain it to me. :confused1:

I've been to our state university and it's called the University of California. (I don't know what they got going on in Frisco).

University of California (UC) and California State University (CSU) are different institutions...

10 hours ago, madbikes said:

University of California (UC) and California State University (CSU) are different institutions...

Like San Francisco, San Diego is a 'state of mind'... (Having both a UC and CSU is too confusing for us, so we changed it up a bit.) 

Could it be we are just a lazy coastal town? (we like to think so)

Are EUCO team too busy riding their wheels around San Diego to respond as quickly as eWheels? (Jason is super busy all-the-time, I worry about him, but he's the best.)

All right EUCO, this is your challenge, can you (as a team) match the customer service of one super-driven workaholic? (Come-on, you can do it!) 

Update- Apparently, it took some persistence on my end to get some answers on shipping. Elmer, from EUCO (seems to be the only employee who emails) readied an invoice for the remaining balance plus Air-Shipping cost (that I requested). Supposedly a new batch is set to reach CALIFORNIA (San Diego) within this week. 

These are the screenshots of the emails I received from EUCO throughout. 

I basically want to know how long most of y'all waited to receive your S18.

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1D_fYUDTa98dz6Kwbsew8yZjKnaS8oS-5uq9wX9wCofs/edit?usp=sharing

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kingman92 said:

I basically want to know how long most of y'all waited to receive your S18.

this is the Inmotion thread... you might get more info about the S18 in another place.

1 hour ago, buffs said:

this is the Inmotion thread... you might get more info about the S18 in another place.

"ewheels vs EUCO" is the title of the thread I commented in, so I don't fully understand where that came from. With that said, perhaps I need to be as specific as possible to get a straight answer. So,

If any of you fine folk have purchased an electric unicycle from EUCO within the past year, could you please provide me with the relative shipping time elapsed from purchasing to receiving?

How long did you have wait from Submitting Payment, to Hitting the PavementTM