ewheels vs EUCO

Shyy

14 minutes ago, Kingman92 said:

"ewheels vs EUCO" is the title of the thread I commented in, so I don't fully understand where that came from.

This topic (= thread) was originally in the Inmotion (sub)forum, which was confusingly called "Inmotion thread". Now this topic has been moved into "General Discussion" and everything is good:)

31 minutes ago, Kingman92 said:

"ewheels vs EUCO" is the title of the thread I commented in, so I don't fully understand where that came from. With that said, perhaps I need to be as specific as possible to get a straight answer. So,

If any of you fine folk have purchased an electric unicycle from EUCO within the past year, could you please provide me with the relative shipping time elapsed from purchasing to receiving?

How long did you have wait from Submitting Payment, to Hitting the PavementTM

I would not pay the balance until they have received the wheel and it is ready to ship... and tell them to give me my $500 back, lol

On 9/30/2020 at 1:45 PM, Kingman92 said:

How long did it take to get your wheel from EUCO? My charger was delivered today, but no word on when the wheel will arrive. Just wanting to see a rough time estimate of shipping it from San Diego to another US state. 

Depends on how they ship it.  Overnight means overnight!  Ground can take 7 days to reach the opposite coast.  However, due to covid, if you live on a waterway, they might have sent the wheel on a barge.  This can take a bit longer, especially if they skip the Panama Canal tolls and go around the cape.  Also there may be delays at the Port Authority of New Jersey.  Then it's Lake Erie and down the Mississippi to New Orleans.  You'll get a postcard telling you where in New Orleans to come pick it up.

• Like 1

On 7/19/2020 at 8:53 AM, Solosmooth said:

Ewheels couldn't match the EUCO Free 2nd charger offer, so I cancelled and placed my order w EUCO.

InMotion (IM) initially offered the same free charger deal for eWheels and then pulled the offer after it was broadcast to Jason's customers. eWheels is not at fault and frankly speaking I feel it was unethical for IM to only offer EUCO this promotion when they know how many of their units EWheels sells each year.   

4 hours ago, gon2fast said:

InMotion (IM) initially offered the same free charger deal for eWheels and then pulled the offer after it was broadcast to Jason's customers. eWheels is not at fault and frankly speaking I feel it was unethical for IM to only offer EUCO this promotion when they know how many of their units EWheels sells each year.   

Idk about unethical lol.  It may have just been a buisness deal.  If in the EUCO contract it implies and exclusive giveaway then it would be illegal for inmotion to extend the promotion to ewheels.  We dont have access to see what contracts who signed to judge whether or not it was unethical

Just now, GoGeorgeGo said:

Idk about unethical lol.  It may have just been a buisness deal.  If in the EUCO contract it implies and exclusive giveaway then it would be illegal for inmotion to extend the promotion to ewheels.  We dont have access to see what contracts who signed to judge whether or not it was unethical

When you tell a customer (eWheels) that they are getting two devices with each unit purchased and then revise the statement to ,"oh, we meant a 2.5 amp charger upgrade, not 2 chargers", but their direct business partners get the original offer.. no, not right.

backing out of a "business deal" to help personal interests/investments is unethical IHMO. 

I respect everyone else's stance though.

One more thing concerning the root of this debate -

I obtained a V11 and 2 chargers from eWheels for far less than what the cost of buying a stock V11 from EUCO is currently. 

Edited by gon2fast
because i type slower than I think

1 minute ago, gon2fast said:

When you tell a customer (eWheels) that they are getting two devices with each unit purchased and then revise the statement to ,"oh, we meant a 2.5 amp charger upgrade, not 2 chargers", but their direct business partners get the original offer.. no, not right.

backing out of a "business deal" to help personal interests/investments is unethical IHMO. 

I respect everyone else's stance though.

I just don't know that it whent down that way. A miscommunication is common in buisness thats why there are contracts.  Are you sure EUCO is not paying a fee for the chargers? I dont work for either so it doesnt really matter much what i say, just pointing out there may be more going there

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gon2fast said:

I obtained a V11 and 2 chargers from eWheels for far less than what the cost of buying a stock V11 from EUCO is currently. 

Really? Its listed at the same price on both websites. Do you just haggle for better prices? I didnt realize that was an option. Both sites have it advertised at 1999$

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, gon2fast said:

Not sure what the 'debate' is here. (It sounds like you made out on this deal.) :thumbup:

• Like 2

On 7/19/2020 at 11:53 AM, Solosmooth said:

Ewheels couldn't match the EUCO Free 2nd charger offer, so I cancelled and placed my order w EUCO.

Ewheels is where I prefer to shop. Some people hyper focus on such petty little details. You couldnt get them to reduce the cost by a few dollars, so you took your business elsewhere? I bet that E-wheels is less than overly sad to lose a customer or two who holds to this mentality.  Being motivated by price is one method, but I find it does not help in the bigger scheme of things. I find that if I can get great service at a competitive price, I win. When everyone chases around the cheapest price and fail to see that there SHOULD be more to the decision than that, we ALL lose. 

Personally, I am an e-wheels repeat customer. Why? Because an euc is not a NEED. I am not down to my last dollar and if i cant afford an euc, I won't perish.  Same reason I dont buy from overseas sources to save a $$. I place comfort in customer service and I don't mind knowing that I have Jason to back me up, should something happen that shouldnt have. I am ALWAYS kept in the loop about pre-existing preorders. Jason's team does VERY good at applying pressure on the companies he sells products for. As a customer, I gladly focus on what Im getting for my money, not how much money I can save. As now I've a relationship with ewheels, I am afforded a LOT more help from them than I expected. My questions are always answered and his team and I always seeem to work out a deal where WE ALL WIN. My wheels were shipped nearly immediately upon payment. NONE of my preorders were handled in a way that made me wonder or worry. I understand that these resellers are at the mercy of the chinese work week and shipping services. Even so, I have always been kept in the loop and if my impatience begins to win, I am afforded a prompt, concise and courteous response.  I have nothing bad to say about euco, as I havent patroned them before. I like to fancy myself a loyal customer and I hope that ewheels trusts me as I do them. Not to mention, Im obviously a big pain in the ass, and e-wheels has some pretty thick skinned and laid back employed people. I can assume that euco is somewhat similar, but I just happened to find my way to e-wheels and I have ZERO need to shop around. In fact, I trust Jason enough that I went directly to him for my first scooter purchase. I knew NOTHING about them, so I took comfort in knowing that if Jason sells it and personally tells me WHY he sells the models he does, I can believe it and spend that money with little worry.  Good news, the scooter is awesome, fits our needs and E-wheels and I now have an even stronger seller/customer relationship.

Having said all that, I dont think its fair to either to directly compare them. I assume Euco does the best he can, as does e-wheels. In the end, pay what your retailer asks. They are NOT getting rich or trying to take advantage of us. Quite chasing down deals to save a measly dollar or two, and support the people who put themselves on the line for our benefit. Now I do ask for a little price break (i learned this tactic in the south). However, I think my seller already knows that I am the type who will accept the discount they can or can't give me, and buy anyhow. Belive it or not, even tho e-wheels knows Im a buyer (from my history), they still extend me the best deal they can afford. Again, I dont chase the discounts too hard, as it gives me peace to know that I'm supporting a buisness and its people. A business is not just a building, it is families and mouths to feed, same as in my home and neighborhood.

• Like 2

Yes, its true it was petty to cancel my order from ewheels for a charger. Ive since cancelled my preorder from EUCO and went back to ewheels and pre ordered the RS.

im tired of waiting for the v11. This is my 4th wheel from ewheels but i personally pledge no allegiance to anyone. I got nothing against Jason and his company he seems pretty cool via email. 

• Like 1

EUCO updated their preorder page statement about the shipment of the existing preorders of the S18 stating this: 

10/05/2020 - "All units have arrived at our warehouse, and all existing preorders will be shipped out by Oct. 9th. Newly placed preorders..."

Now today, the latest update on the shipment containing my wheel <_<

10/09/2020 - 

"Order Date: Up until Oct. 9th, 2020            Ship Date: By Oct. 16th, 2020"

"All units have arrived at our warehouse, and all existing preorders will be shipped out either within the following few business days or when the next batch of wheels arrives, which is expected to be in mid-late October..."

This is my first time purchasing a wheel after a couple years of research, so I cannot rightfully say who does it better as far as customer service, but thus far, it has been sub par. Especially since I paid $400 extra for faster, expedited air shipping. 

It seems like I should have gone through ewheels...:crying:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kingman92 said:

Especially since I paid $400 extra for faster, expedited air shipping. 

That should be refunded. Given the decreased amount of flights worldwide due to Covid-19 neither distributor should have offered  expedited air as an option.

Edited by gon2fast

9 hours ago, Solosmooth said:

Yes, its true it was petty to cancel my order from ewheels for a charger. Ive since cancelled my preorder from EUCO and went back to ewheels and pre ordered the RS.

im tired of waiting for the v11. This is my 4th wheel from ewheels but i personally pledge no allegiance to anyone. I got nothing against Jason and his company he seems pretty cool via email. 

SOrry I called you out like that. I am VERY impressed with your response. I mean hell, it aint like my approval means shit, but you sir have REALLY surprised me.  Blind allegiance is never a good thing. I like to be loyal, but not to the point that these companies dont have to remain competitive. One thing I am beginning to learn about the euc world: getting in a hurry, only winds in tears. Hopefully you get the wheels you are expecting, and all this wait will not be in vain. Take comfort that if anything should go wrong, Jason will probably be quick to try and solve it. Of course, if he doesnt.... you can't just let it go. Your purchase deserves you retailer support and you should always expect it. Thanks for the update and again, apologies for calling you out. Its really not my place to do so, and you responded in a manner that makes you look good and me look bad.....:thumbup:

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

On 10/10/2020 at 1:11 AM, ShanesPlanet said:

Thanks for the update and again, apologies for calling you out. Its really not my place to do so, and you responded in a manner that makes you look good and me look bad.....:thumbup:

No worries bud:cheers: Can’t wait to try out the RS HS!!

• Like 1

On 10/9/2020 at 11:39 PM, gon2fast said:

That should be refunded. Given the decreased amount of flights worldwide due to Covid-19 neither distributor should have offered  expedited air as an option.

I wish I could and I wish I was better at demanding things but I have been such a pain in the ass for Elmer (EUCO rep who emails-might be the only guy 😂) for 2 weeks now trying to understand all the “miscommunication” on what definitive statements were posted on the website versus the vague statements he was giving me through email...all in all, I’m hoping the return of my investment is enough to forget all about how long it took in relation to what I paid. 
I’ll give ewheels a go for my next wheel. 

To update though:

my order was picked up by FedEx in San Diego yesterday evening and the delivery date changed from Sunday to Monday in a matter of 20 minutes 😑 AND the shipping cannot be altered AND the Package must be signed for upon delivery. So, since I drive an hour from home to go to school, I gotta stay home Monday to receive the package.

There goes the week 🤣 but I at least get to zip to my classes faster! 

• Like 1

I'm planning to order a V11 this week.

Trying to decide between both of these sites as well. I've never ordered from either one. It's weird spending $2k on a product from any company that shares so little info about themselves online. I see that EUCO is located in San Diego. With Ewheels, from their website, I can't even see tell where they are located. I think they're in Florida.

2 Questions - 

1. Do either of these sites charge tax?
  2. Do either of them have an actual phone # to call?
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...
On 10/7/2020 at 11:15 PM, ShanesPlanet said:

Ewheels is where I prefer to shop. Some people hyper focus on such petty little details. You couldnt get them to reduce the cost by a few dollars, so you took your business elsewhere? I bet that E-wheels is less than overly sad to lose a customer or two who holds to this mentality.  Being motivated by price is one method, but I find it does not help in the bigger scheme of things. I find that if I can get great service at a competitive price, I win. When everyone chases around the cheapest price and fail to see that there SHOULD be more to the decision than that, we ALL lose. 

Personally, I am an e-wheels repeat customer. Why? Because an euc is not a NEED. I am not down to my last dollar and if i cant afford an euc, I won't perish.  Same reason I dont buy from overseas sources to save a $$. I place comfort in customer service and I don't mind knowing that I have Jason to back me up, should something happen that shouldnt have. I am ALWAYS kept in the loop about pre-existing preorders. Jason's team does VERY good at applying pressure on the companies he sells products for. As a customer, I gladly focus on what Im getting for my money, not how much money I can save. As now I've a relationship with ewheels, I am afforded a LOT more help from them than I expected. My questions are always answered and his team and I always seeem to work out a deal where WE ALL WIN. My wheels were shipped nearly immediately upon payment. NONE of my preorders were handled in a way that made me wonder or worry. I understand that these resellers are at the mercy of the chinese work week and shipping services. Even so, I have always been kept in the loop and if my impatience begins to win, I am afforded a prompt, concise and courteous response.  I have nothing bad to say about euco, as I havent patroned them before. I like to fancy myself a loyal customer and I hope that ewheels trusts me as I do them. Not to mention, Im obviously a big pain in the ass, and e-wheels has some pretty thick skinned and laid back employed people. I can assume that euco is somewhat similar, but I just happened to find my way to e-wheels and I have ZERO need to shop around. In fact, I trust Jason enough that I went directly to him for my first scooter purchase. I knew NOTHING about them, so I took comfort in knowing that if Jason sells it and personally tells me WHY he sells the models he does, I can believe it and spend that money with little worry.  Good news, the scooter is awesome, fits our needs and E-wheels and I now have an even stronger seller/customer relationship.

Having said all that, I dont think its fair to either to directly compare them. I assume Euco does the best he can, as does e-wheels. In the end, pay what your retailer asks. They are NOT getting rich or trying to take advantage of us. Quite chasing down deals to save a measly dollar or two, and support the people who put themselves on the line for our benefit. Now I do ask for a little price break (i learned this tactic in the south). However, I think my seller already knows that I am the type who will accept the discount they can or can't give me, and buy anyhow. Belive it or not, even tho e-wheels knows Im a buyer (from my history), they still extend me the best deal they can afford. Again, I dont chase the discounts too hard, as it gives me peace to know that I'm supporting a buisness and its people. A business is not just a building, it is families and mouths to feed, same as in my home and neighborhood.

Dam nice and articulate commet.

And he's not a babbling idiot either.

It seems to me we are all perhaps alittle on edge and worried about China and cheap worthless eucs being sold/flooded in the US.

Ewheels, Euco and a couple others can be trusted. Period. There are hundreds of old time forum members to listen to.

Hang on to them for dear life. Support them. What will we do if we nickel and dime them to death? Who will we trust, rely on then?

I'm a cheap ass. But im poor. I shopped. I got to. But still, I got rid of Alexi etc. I want and need a relationship. So do you.

Euco might be smaller. Ewheels bigger. 

But their good honest folk fighting our battles behind the scenes, doing very best they can.

Nb1 c+, 3000miles, 68yrs old. Soon - Telsa T3, 0 miles.

Jim - Iowa.

🙂🙃🙂

• Like 2

On 10/18/2020 at 4:36 PM, EL Shazbot said:

I'm planning to order a V11 this week.

Trying to decide between both of these sites as well. I've never ordered from either one. It's weird spending $2k on a product from any company that shares so little info about themselves online. I see that EUCO is located in San Diego. With Ewheels, from their website, I can't even see tell where they are located. I think they're in Florida.

2 Questions - 

1. Do either of these sites charge tax?
  2. Do either of them have an actual phone # to call?

Thats  good questions.

I think my invoices have always been made to assume that I would pay the taxes on it, as I am legally required when buying out of state. I do think tax laws change quickly, so you may have to verify that thru euco and e-wheels prior to purchases.

I am sure that e-wheels has a number, but I dont see it published. I would assume the call volume would be too great and they choose to not offer it openly. It does make one a little concerned, as I also like to call a business and hear a voice. Yeah, who'd have thunk it.. Even so, I've always found them to be reliable about emails. I still have no idea about Euco and please dont take my ignorance as a stance either way on them.

18 minutes ago, WIZARD said:

And he's not a babbling idiot either.

Well, opnions vary and everyone's has validity...

This year I bought a Gotway Mten3 from EUCO, and an Inmotion V8F from eWheels.  These unicycles were only about $100 difference in price (I bought the Mten3 with the big motor and big battery).  Each unit had an electrical/electronic failure within 30 days, so infant mortality in EUCs appears to be commonplace.  The Mten3 behaved erratically and then wouldn't turn off or on but the fan was still running inside.  The V8F stopped charging the battery.  The important difference between EUCO and eWheels is product support after the sale.  I first noticed this in the pace of email correspondence even before the sale.  But after the sale, I found that eWheels stands behind the product and the workmanship and went far out of their way to take care of me quickly.  EUCO also has a shop, but I regret to say that didn't work out in my experience.  In less than 70 miles I've now had the Mten3 apart twice to change my own controller board and then change my own leaky inner tube, even after I paid to return the unit once to EUCO.  Having a supply chain that takes the loss and fixes problems is important, that's the feedback mechanism that drives rise in quality.  Which you want because these are vehicles that carry people, if EUCs develop a reputation for injuring riders then EUCs will disappear.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Student4Life said:

This year I bought a Gotway Mten3 from EUCO, and an Inmotion V8F from eWheels.  These unicycles were only about $100 difference in price (I bought the Mten3 with the big motor and big battery).  Each unit had an electrical/electronic failure within 30 days, so infant mortality in EUCs appears to be commonplace.  The Mten3 behaved erratically and then wouldn't turn off or on but the fan was still running inside.  The V8F stopped charging the battery.  The important difference between EUCO and eWheels is product support after the sale.  I first noticed this in the pace of email correspondence even before the sale.  But after the sale, I found that eWheels stands behind the product and the workmanship and went far out of their way to take care of me quickly.  EUCO also has a shop, but I regret to say that didn't work out in my experience.  In less than 70 miles I've now had the Mten3 apart twice to change my own controller board and then change my own leaky inner tube, even after I paid to return the unit once to EUCO.  Having a supply chain that takes the loss and fixes problems is important, that's the feedback mechanism that drives rise in quality.  Which you want because these are vehicles that carry people, if EUCs develop a reputation for injuring riders then EUCs will disappear.

Those are all fair points which I would agree with. Although part of the difference in your two experiences is also likely due to InMotion vs Gotway/Begode. All EUC manufacturers have pretty poor early failure rates, but still in the case of the V8 it was probably a simple single part swap and then it was fixed. Conversely, and irrelevant of who did the repair work, you're saying your Gotway wheel required both sending it back once as well as additionally replacing your own controller board twice(!). If your resellers were reversed, EUCO might've had better luck with your simple single V8 fix and ewheels might still have required multiple actions/interventions to help you resolve your myriad problems with your Gotway wheel.

Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 1