🇬🇷 Hellenic (Greek) Thread

Lefteris

4bc9l1B.gif

Hi there guys, this thread was created to unite the EUC Owners of Hellas (Greece).

If you speak the language or live in Greece you are so very welcomed!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Καλώς ορίσατε στην Ελληνική γωνία της κοινότητας.

Edited by Lefteris
greek flag emoji

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, Milan said:

I am AirWheel X8 owner, located in Athens. Using it for daily commute to/from job.

Now I am looking for battery change, so if somebody knows how to import battery from China - please help me.

Greetings and welcome to the Greek thread! Do you speak the language?

About the battery, it's going to be a pain to import from outside the EU a battery of that caliber and even by tampering the invoice you are going to have to go thru Customs, and trust me you don't want to go there specially Greek Customs are the worst.

I can ask a friend that sells EUCs in Greece if he can get one, also check European websites and i'll report back to you.

Hope one of the following weeks to gather up and take a ride down at Faliro near the sea, what do you say ? :D

13 hours ago, Milan said:

I am AirWheel X8 owner, located in Athens. Using it for daily commute to/from job.

Now I am looking for battery change, so if somebody knows how to import battery from China - please help me.

@1RadWerkstatt can build you high quality custom batteries, they're located in Germany, so it can shipped within the EU. 414Wh ((16S2P) for X8 with high quality LG-cells (MJ1), if I remember correctly.

Edited by esaj
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, esaj said:

@1RadWerkstatt can build you high quality custom batteries, they're located in Germany, so it can shipped within the EU. 414Wh ((16S2P) for X8 with high quality LG-cells (MJ1), if I remember correctly.

OMG there is a person ( @1RadWerkstatt ) that builds CUSTOM BATTERY PACKS ??!??!?!!??!?!?!

That is so cool and amazing! Does he have a post / thread or something???

1 minute ago, Lefteros (SomniusX) said:

OMG there is a person ( @1RadWerkstatt ) that builds CUSTOM BATTERY PACKS ??!??!?!!??!?!?!

That is so cool and amazing! Does he have a post / thread or something???

• Upvote 2

On 1/25/2016 at 7:23 PM, Lefteros (SomniusX) said:

Greetings and welcome to the Greek thread! Do you speak the language?

About the battery, it's going to be a pain to import from outside the EU a battery of that caliber and even by tampering the invoice you are going to have to go thru Customs, and trust me you don't want to go there specially Greek Customs are the worst.

I can ask a friend that sells EUCs in Greece if he can get one, also check European websites and i'll report back to you.

Hope one of the following weeks to gather up and take a ride down at Faliro near the sea, what do you say ? :D

Hello Lefteri,

Yes, I speak the language, but prefer to communicate here in English (otherwise esaj would not be able to help me... ;) (Thanx esaj!!!) )

Regarding fun ride - I use EUC to commute. Unfortunately I don't have enough free time (job and family are priorities). I live in Nea Smyrni, if you are near, we can meet in Alsos for a ride - but just on weekend.

But, first I have to change the battery - or else our ride will last 15 minutes... :(

• Upvote 1

esaj is great and have prompt reply's

you are located near one of my friends and from what I've seen there is a guy there displaying EUCs every Tuesday .. 

anyway when did you get yours it's over a year? I've got one now and still can't find the time to learn how to ride it.. maybe cause I'm waiting for friends to get hyped over EUCs and ride together. 

if you are up to a meeting and maybe exchange tips it'd be great.. 

p. s. I get that you can't have fun running only for 15 minutes on the wheel.. how come it broke down to this..? 

Greetings,

Anyone from Thessaloniki?

I can give a little tip to MILAN for the batteries he is looking for. I have already ordered the second pack of 16 baterries for my EUC. I plan to put it parallel to each cell on the pack that I have already upgraded. My original was totally useless like the one MILAN has. I am expecting a voltmeter as well to monitor the voltage before I have to carry it.

Best regards

• Upvote 1

A lot of people have seen me riding it in the city. I use it to go to work several days of the week because I am tired of the motorbike and the traffic. Hope that people will start buying those EUCs and change the way they move around our city...

• Upvote 1

On 1/26/2016 at 7:05 PM, Lefteros (SomniusX) said:

esaj is great and have prompt reply's

you are located near one of my friends and from what I've seen there is a guy there displaying EUCs every Tuesday .. 

anyway when did you get yours it's over a year? I've got one now and still can't find the time to learn how to ride it.. maybe cause I'm waiting for friends to get hyped over EUCs and ride together. 

if you are up to a meeting and maybe exchange tips it'd be great.. 

p. s. I get that you can't have fun running only for 15 minutes on the wheel.. how come it broke down to this..? 

There is somebody else with EUC in Nea Smyrni? I have never seen anybody else. Maybe your friend saw me? If it is me - I am not 'displaying' - I just ride to bakery, or supermarket, or returning from job...

I have bought mine in September 2014 - so now it is 1.5 year. My estimation is that I rode it for ~3000 km. So, it is normal to expect that battery is degraded by usage. I can still use the wheel, but I have to recharge it every day.

Edited by Milan

18 hours ago, puntofato said:

Greetings,

Anyone from Thessaloniki?

I can give a little tip to MILAN for the batteries he is looking for. I have already ordered the second pack of 16 baterries for my EUC. I plan to put it parallel to each cell on the pack that I have already upgraded. My original was totally useless like the one MILAN has. I am expecting a voltmeter as well to monitor the voltage before I have to carry it.

Best regards

Welcome Puntofato,

I am also thinking of putting two batteries in parallel inside the shell. I am not sure if they fit. It will add 1 kg in it's weight.

What EUC do you have? Mine is AirWheel X8.

From where did you order your battery pack? What is the price? How did you pay (regarding capital control)?

Edited by Milan

Hello Milan,

My EU is an airwheel x5 clone. At least that is what the mainboard says.

The first batteries I bought were from www.elektronik.gr at 95euros. The second pack is from a company called fastTECH at 58euros. I bought the exact type but there was a detail that I later found out. The discharge amps. The ones I bought are mainly used for laptops. They don't give many amps, not more than 5-6 so the mainboard thinks you are running low on battery and raises the flips, making it sort of uncomfortable at high speed.  I hope that will be solved with the extra pack in parallel that will double the amps at full.

You are right about the space inside. You need to "dig" the plastic underneath the battery pack for 1.2 cms in order to fit the extra pack.

IMG_20160128_190041.jpg

IMG_20160128_190348.jpg

IMG_20160128_190414.jpg

Edited by puntofato

On 2016/1/25 at 8:06 PM, Milan said:

Athens? how do you buy your Airwheel X8, do you have local Agents, you can ask local agents.or you can own it from Amazon.

you know guys, you should really be careful with custom mods over batteries and such..

it's always a firehazard ready to happen, don't get me wrong here, but it's true.. :-/

anyways there is a company that sells eucs and also has support, it's the guy i was talking about earlier, also the same guy that sold me my first euc..

• Upvote 1

You are absolutely right ,Lefteros

They can be dangerous and we need to be carefull with the type of battery to choose to buy. It is delicate job to put them on together as well. If there is a possibility for someone to buy the pack ready to play in exchange with the old pack including the BMS, it is the easiest solution.

And there is also the task to remove the excess thickness of the plastic case in order to fit the second pack...

But that damn thing is so addictive that I cannot wait to finish my mods and see positive results in range and performance....

• Upvote 1

Still, i'd prefer to use the device as it was meant from the manufacturer.. don't know why i still "can't feel" the thing that drives you to make modifications of that scale.

Let's say you want external protection, ok-ok, fill it up with that tape thing. Let's say you think it's a bit ugly, you can even make your own full body printout of stickers and with a bit of cut and proper paste make it look better, at least for your eyes. Let's again say it doesn't last long enough cause of the battery pack, well there you find me on a place that i would have placed it on a selling advertisement and buy a new/other one.

Don't know, but, modifications that are directly connected to the motherboard and other modules of our EUCs it's something i won't do. I'm even thinking of opening up one or two holes for something extra, like an extended cord for easy carrying or even a small revolving parking stand. But still, tampering with the electronics of the thing.. no.. it's a no-no thing for me.

And all the above, as always, my honest opinion. :-/ 

Anyways, let's leave this discussion for other sections of this Forum!

How about a meeting and stroll a bit, maybe pull up a vote for a meeting place?! Don't know, suggest something guys! :D

Edited by Lefteros (SomniusX)
calligraphy :-D

I agree that when you buy something that has some standards it is best not to mess with it. But when that thing is not even safe to use cause of bad batteries one must take immediate action before injuries happen. Sure one solution would be to sell it. But then again, somebody else would buy it and have the same problems. Problems won't go away unless somebody deals with those. Anyway...

I reckon there are some people who have bought that in greece. Maybe i-wheel.gr or any other company selling those should inform them about this forum, convince them to become members and share their experiences as well.

I was thinking that although this crisis, there are people who give a lot of money for things such as tablets or phones which, lets face it, they don't really need. Anyone can keep track of mail even with cheap phones, let alone surf the net. An electric unicycle on the other hand is THE ONLY REALLY PORTABLE "vehicle" the market has to offer. You can take it with you and ride whenever, wherever you want.

Yes, there are those two wheeled things with the platform,too, but since their wheels are too small, you cannot go far or anywhere with them. Not to mention how easier it is to fall on one of these, because of the two parts platform.

I would love to see other EUs in my city. People who would dare try something totally new in their daily routine and deal with new interest their commute wherever that would be. But there are few bold, physically and finacially, people in the country these days... Hope to be proved wrong!

Edited by puntofato

• 6 months later...

Hi there guys, it's been long since i've logged in and participated, well i had a rough time because we've lost a close relative, i've quit my job after 10½ years and after 17 days i've started working on another place (lucky), moved places .. anyways.

I've decided to get into the *wheels wagon once again! :P

I need some #help here, anyone? #please

• 2 weeks later...

There is a change i'm open Sunday 25th of September,
would you guys like to have a meeting at the Center of Athens?
---
The following is in Greek
---
Υπάρχει περίπτωση να έχω κενό/ρεπό στις 25 Σεπτέμβρη (Κυριακή),
θέλετε να μαζευτούμε για γνωριμία στο Κέντρο της Αθήνας?

• 2 weeks later...

I've got updates on my wheel with lot's'a photos and findings!

Check it out

@Milan I've re-read the thread and saw that 1st reply, there may be a guy that can build batteries for our little wheels, i'll know more soon. And when my wheel is fixed, i'll contact you to go out for a ride at your place or come over to Glyfada city and ride by the seaside :D