How Lazy Can You Get?

SlowMo

The EUC hobby is making me lazier. Before I always walk around 100 meters to and from our parking area. Now I ride the EUC. Does that count as a daily commute?  Also, afternoon walking and running exercises have been replaced by riding practices. Well, I still think I'm developing some muscles (shin muscles). :D

If i have my euc with me, i dont walk if the distance is more than 10-15 ft, i ride it.

i havent stepped outside my building on foot in 3-4 months ( except the few days that my tire was flat and i coukdnt ride)

I walk in my office building but if i need to step out to get lunch across the street, i take my wheel with me.

i am either too lazy or too addicted now, or most likely, both.

1 minute ago, Gimlet said:

The first step towards a cure is admission that you are a eucoholic! :)

Yeah, it seems that the more I learn, the more I want to ride. I still exercise my fingers though when i chat in  this forum and play LOL. 

We should add eucoholic to the EUC terminologies thread. :lol:

I'll advise, if you feel lazy, take an off road path, or aim for the cracks and potholes. After riding on a trail, I felt more sore than do when I run the trail. It's all core, hips, and shoulders, swinging weight around to stay upright.

Perhaps the before and after pics will show a shift in muscle mass: swollen calves and thighs, tiny atrophied arms like a Tyrranasaurus Rex.

5 minutes ago, Villac said:

I'll advise, if you feel lazy, take an off road path, or aim for the cracks and potholes. After riding on a trail, I felt more sore than do when I run the trail. It's all core, hips, and shoulders, swinging weight around to stay upright.

Perhaps the before and after pics will show a shift in muscle mass: swollen calves and thighs, tiny atrophied arms like a Tyrranasaurus Rex.

You forgot a swollen behind. :D

Funny thought, I haven't thought about becoming more lazy by riding, but it would make sense. I just hope we don't turn into those fatties like in Wall-E! That might make it difficult to ride our EUCs! :P

LOL, this is a good topic.  The reason I purchased my 9B1 is to keep my cars in the garage when I want to make short trips (the gym, local pub, cigar shop), or just to ride the neighborhood on a good cool Florida day.   I drive everywhere, so in my case, I am using my EUC more as exercise than 2 or 3 mile car rides! 

I guess I am the one oddball in the group!

Cheers,

Jim

I've been using mine to get out of the dorm at my university. There are many things off campus that are interesting, but I would be walking half an hour or more each way, and I don't have time for that.

The battery on my EUC is just big enough to get me from campus to the beach and back, too! The only problem is I don't have any friends with EUCs that can join me.

I've been trying to avoid riding it to all of my classes, but when I'm late it's really useful.

Im in Melbourne Australia in the CBD, and have just begun riding in public. Sometimes on my commute around town I will stop, pick it up and walk until the path ahead is clear then hop on again....so Im thinking that as well as riding I doing a light weights workout too....lol

Your quadriceps make up a pretty large part of your body's muscle mass.

i would not underestimate the calories burnt during the continuous isotonic contractions of the quads (+ all the other muscles triggered to keep your balance) when riding rough surfaces, with holes and bumps, on and off sidewalks, etc. for several Km/day at a relative high speed.

Of course if it's about low speed riding in the shopping mall, you'll probably better walk for your health.

I use a Gold's Gym bike and a bench press for exercise. The EUC was supposed to just be fun, but I was shocked to find out how it DOES great cardio, core and leg work for me. I also got it for a reason that has to do with disability- I have trouble walking very far anymore due to a very bad left foot/ankle and knee issue (both permanent), so when I saw one of these I thought to myself- "I could use THAT to take walks like I used to, enjoy the outdoors again!"

The only catch was this- I can overcome my physical disabilities with it IF I don't acquire new ones from learning how to ride this thing! I swear, it was very tense and scary for me to take the chance. Learning was really scary at 1st. I was as careful as one could be, and only fell hard one time because my foot got stuck while I tried a run off. I tweaked my knee a few times, but I finally got to the point where I could actually ride it. It was worth the risk. I am careful, but I do have the need for speed, so I push it here and there every time I am out. It feels good to take my "walks" again, and walking was never this good. Plus everyone wants to talk to you- you become popular right away. How many good looking females have I talked to as I ride this thing? A lot and more to come. :lol:

2 hours ago, BobbyDee said:

.....Plus everyone wants to talk to you- you become popular right away. How many good looking females have I talked to as I ride this thing? A lot and more to come. :lol:

And now that you have bluetooth connection and can play music, the number of good looking females who will want to talk to you will increase exponentially.....you may find it useful to have a bunch of business cards in your pocket saying " unicycle riding lessons, call me...." 

9 hours ago, SlowMo said:

I rode 9.8 miles last Thursday. 3.1mph average and it says zero calories burned. :D 

3.1 mph average is only just about a slow walking speed! Did you really ride for 3 hours at a crawling speed? :huh:

Archived