KS-16s firmware versions/changelog?

Austin

Hi all,

I was hoping someone might know of where I can find a list of all the different firmware versions and the changes that each version made for the KS-16s. I've spent like 20 minutes and can't find anything except a few comments on the forum about specific versions. Ideally I would also like to know the date they were released and if it's safe to upgrade straight from v1.07 to 2.01 or do I need to be cautious about how I upgrade?

Appreciate it!

I think @Seba ,s suggestion was update to  v1.09 then update to V2.01. i,m probably in the same boat as havent updated the firmware.I,m yet to be convinced of the value of this update.The KS app seems very average and u might have to get EUCworld app which seems better to update the firmware with.

For some unknown reasons 2.01 has been revoked by King Song, so it's not available now. Currently 1.09 is the latest available. Because of Chinese New Year, we will probably have to wait a month or so for new update.

I updated to 2.01, everything went well, just one drawback my calibration has gone out the window, tried a million times to no avail, downgraded back to 1.09 and the calibration issues was resolved. 

So it's a no bueno for me regarding upgrading. :angry:

• Like 1

I'm on FW 2.01 and I'm impressed. The wheel is silent now - the whining sound has now stopped. The lights are better for me as I get front light, rear and breaking light. The wheel also feels a little tauter but that might be my imagination. I've been on 2.01 for a week or two with no issues. You do need to do a careful calibration - I sat the wheel on two blocks of wood so it was level front and back AND left and right and that worked for me when doing the calibration. There are no downsides to 2.01 that I've noticed. 

• Like 3

16S is my backup wheel, and I normally use it extremely rarely. However, after the 2.01 update the wheel is a lot more fun for me to ride, and now I actually take the 16S if I’m going for a very short run only, or if I have to lift the wheel in my car for example.

The riding modes received a huge upgrade! The hard mode no longer feels like it’s struggling to get me up the short, steep and bumpy incline to the parking lot. I can just zippy up the bank, even with my full 210lbs. When braking, the wheel also oozes confidence, and I feel like I could push it much harder. The firmware makes it easier to utilize the fairly good amount of power the wheel has, but which the old riding sensation didn’t immediately reveal.

Now, this comes from a tall and a bit heavier Gotway rider, so the experiences and expectations will be vastly different for a light guy that recently got the 16S to replace an even older, very soft feeling wheel. For that guy the old firmware will already feel out of this world hard. And if you are a peaceful 20km/h rider, I really can’t estimate how you would preceive the difference. But some light riders have commented that they are not sure if they can even pinpoint the differences in the 2.0. To me the difference is mindbogglingly huge!

• Like 2