Gotway battery distance range STATS

I'm going to chime in here as ive had a 680wh msuper hs and now own a 850wh hs. Now I weigh about 92kg. On my 680 I was able to get about 5-6 miles before I went down to the third light. on my 850 I was able to get about 7-8miles before I got to the third light. so I was seeing about a 20% increase which is about what I would expect. Now I never ran my 680 down to the end but I think if I did I would get about 20-24 miles out of it and with the 850 I would probably be 20% more. So the only thing I can think of is that weight is playing a huge part in this and why these lighter riders are getting way better mileage. Im still very happy with both machines but I love my 850

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@edwin_rmDid you get any valid info out of this post, people took it completely off topic from pretty much the beggining, but Im interested in your actual question.

Im thinking of buying the MCM4, KS16 or ACM16 (thinking too heavy) and biggest concern is range.

I weigh 190lbs, but actually 210lbs with all my gear on. I get 9-11 miles on daily regular usage with all urban riding variables involved on my Ninbot E+, so I loose 7-8 miles from the spec of a much lighter rider.

On 11/16/2015 at 11:32 PM, Cloud said:

Amazing... I still have cant fully believe it though...

The specs of this kind are never correct in real life conditions. I dont think they can be, by their nature. If one is getting 60plus miles in real life conditions, it means the manufacturer can reach a much better result with lighter weight, warmer temps, and in perfect conditions, and will sure report his results in the specs. In my opinion they will always be inflated, from any manufacturer. I guess i will believe it when i get my own gotway and test it. 

KM not Miles

5 hours ago, StreetMeatNYC said:

@edwin_rmDid you get any valid info out of this post, people took it completely off topic from pretty much the beggining, but Im interested in your actual question.

Im thinking of buying the MCM4, KS16 or ACM16 (thinking too heavy) and biggest concern is range.

I weigh 190lbs, but actually 210lbs with all my gear on. I get 9-11 miles on daily regular usage with all urban riding variables involved on my Ninbot E+, so I loose 7-8 miles from the spec of a much lighter rider.

KM not Miles

On 11/16/2015 at 0:30 AM, edwin_rm said:

But the MCM4's case sucks for offroading. We'll see... 

Why does it suck?

Weight affects range significantly, that's the conclusion. Also, tire inflation. The less air, the less range. And MCM4 sucks for off-roading due to there being only 1mm gap between the tire and the case, meaning dirt, leaves, rocks, etc. all get stuck there.

Of those 3 you mentioned the MCM4 and the ACM16 are nowhere near as good as the KS16 due to the shitty Gotway firmware and phone app. The speedometer in the app is quite innacurate, and the tiltback can only be set to a very slow speed. If you want to ride at high speed safely, it is not possible on MCM4 nor ACM16. But for the KS16 you can set the beep and the tiltback to 30 kph real speed, which is definitely higher than the Gotway app allows for both the MCM4 and ACM16.

Thou if you want to mainly offroad, then the only options worth considering are the Gotway Msuper, and the KS18. No case covering the wheel, no crap getting jammed in the wheel.

6 minutes ago, edwin_rm said:

Weight affects range significantly, that's the conclusion. Also, tire inflation. The less air, the less range. And MCM4 sucks for off-roading due to there being only 1mm gap between the tire and the case, meaning dirt, leaves, rocks, etc. all get stuck there.

Of those 3 you mentioned the MCM4 and the ACM16 are nowhere near as good as the KS16 due to the shitty Gotway firmware and phone app. The speedometer in the app is quite innacurate, and the tiltback can only be set to a very slow speed. If you want to ride at high speed safely, it is not possible on MCM4 nor ACM16. But for the KS16 you can set the beep and the tiltback to 30 kph real speed, which is definitely higher than the Gotway app allows for both the MCM4 and ACM16.

Thou if you want to mainly offroad, then the only options worth considering are the Gotway Msuper, and the KS18. No case covering the wheel, no crap getting jammed in the wheel.

I do zero off road, and can use my Ninebot if I plan to

Also, my understanding from reading around, is that all the tilt-back & speed issues are resolved in newer firmware versions. I dont care much about the speed inflation in the app. I just want alarm nearing high speed & tilt back before cut out.

33 minutes ago, StreetMeatNYC said:

Also, my understanding from reading around, is that all the tilt-back & speed issues are resolved in newer firmware versions. I dont care much about the speed inflation in the app. I just want alarm nearing high speed & tilt back before cut out.

I dont believe the tilt back above 24kph has already been resolved in gotway but i believe they are working on the firmware upgrade that will resolve it. As to the speed, its still hard to tell which is faster ks14 or gotway mcm4 or acm.  Acm may be faster if the advertized speed ( minus speed discrepancy) is close to reality. Ive actually ordered a bike speedometer and planning to check KS application speed against it next week. 

2 hours ago, StreetMeatNYC said:

The tiltback issue was never resolved for gotway. The GW factory representative posted in another thread on this forum that the ACM will use the MCM4 app. That app has a max tiltback of about 20 kph real speed. She said no new app on the way for ACM. However, there is an user that has been modifying the app. Hopefully he can fix it / increase the tiltback speed. But no guarantees that it will happen.

10 minutes ago, edwin_rm said:

The tiltback issue was never resolved for gotway. The GW factory representative posted in another thread on this forum that the ACM will use the MCM4 app. That app has a max tiltback of about 20 kph real speed. She said no new app on the way for ACM. However, there is an user that has been modifying the app. Hopefully he can fix it / increase the tiltback speed. But no guarantees that it will happen.

You can disable the tilt back, and set one alarm for 25km h & second for 27km h?

3 hours ago, StreetMeatNYC said:

You can disable the tilt back, and set one alarm for 25km h & second for 27km h?

Yup. Thats how I ride my MCM4. No tiltback, and only the 27 kph (app speed) beep is enabled. Thou I have faceplanted as after it starts beeping there is no way to know if you are below the cutoff point or not (unless your holding and looking at the smartphone or smartwatch).

32 minutes ago, edwin_rm said:

Yup. Thats how I ride my MCM4. No tiltback, and only the 27 kph (app speed) beep is enabled. Thou I have faceplanted as after it starts beeping there is no way to know if you are below the cutoff point or not (unless your holding and looking at the smartphone or smartwatch).

Can you do just a 29km h beep? This way if you hear the beep you know you need to immediately stop what you are doing?

24 minutes ago, StreetMeatNYC said:

Can you do just a 29km h beep? This way if you hear the beep you know you need to immediately stop what you are doing?

This would be the most sensible use of the speed beep. Set it to the max safe speed you ever want to ride at and once you hear it, decellerate, and never go above it

1 minute ago, Cloud said:

This would be the most sensible use of the speed beep. Set it to the max safe speed you ever want to ride at and once you hear it, decellerate, and never go above it

Thats what I was thinking at first, but in NYC the noise can drown out the beeps possibly, I want manual tilt back when unsafe conditions happen

26 minutes ago, StreetMeatNYC said:

Thats what I was thinking at first, but in NYC the noise can drown out the beeps possibly, I want manual tilt back when unsafe conditions happen

Yes its possible when riding in traffic/ loud background noise. Tiltback at max safe speed would be nice to have. I dont think they have incorporated it yet. Overtime ive learned to judge my speed without the beeps. The only issue is that perception of speed changes depending on where you are riding and ehat you are passing. On sidewalk, passing lots of storefronts, etc will feel faster than riding on a bike lane.

Just now, Cloud said:

Yes its possible when riding in traffic/ loud background noise. Tiltback at max safe speed would be nice to have. I dont think they have incorporated it yet. Overtime ive learned to judge my speed without the beeps. The only issue is that perception of speed changes depending on where you are riding and ehat you are passing. On sidewalk, passing lots of storefronts, etc will feel faster than riding on a bike lane.

I can't not have a safe Tilt-Back, riding in Manhattan has many moments where you can push it too hard on accident. Also switching from the fast paces bob/weave of the sidewalks to the smooth long bike paths throws your speed off a lot. I tend to want to cruise as fast as I can in the clear open smooth areas.... I don't want to face plant on city streets in front of a car.

2 minutes ago, StreetMeatNYC said:

I can't not have a safe Tilt-Back, riding in Manhattan has many moments where you can push it too hard on accident. Also switching from the fast paces bob/weave of the sidewalks to the smooth long bike paths throws your speed off a lot. I tend to want to cruise as fast as I can in the clear open smooth areas.... I don't want to face plant on city streets in front of a car.

Yes this is very understandable. I felt the same way when i picked my first euc. If one plans to ride near the highest speed, having a tilt back is very useful and advisable.

• 10 months later...

Hi Folks,

So, what about the new/hacked software/firmware/app for MCM4 for removal 24km/h speed limit? Is it already out? :) Or do you have any new info?

Thank you

Archived