8 hours ago, Lode said:

Ouch, take care of yourself mate. Overexertion is no laughing matter.

I've overdone it mate, i'm beat with cold feet running nose, and i can't sleep cause i cough a lot.. damn it..

7 hours ago, Maarten Mariën said:

I have an offer for a second-hand pebble time for 50 euros. Should I go for it, I can probably get it for 40?

Or should I join this group buy?

For 50 no, for 40 yes it's a reasonable price, i've bot mine 9 months ago for 35€, pebble time, it was in an ok condition, but battery was ok

6 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

If you can get it for 40 (in your hands) and it's in good condition, sounds like a winner. The ones in this group buy are probably going to cost ~40 by the time shipping, etc. is included.

Hope they don't go near that price point, i'll make sure the post office gives me a fair price for postage, it's just that everyone is in a different country and the clerk wants me to ask once for these, not call him each time i need a price quote :P

5 hours ago, travsformation said:

Don't push yourself too much and take it easy! :)

Whats-App-Image-2020-02-03-at-14-41-38.jpg

I'm really tired, i'm not joking, i've taken a day off from work, and see here, it's gmt+2 in Greece like 5am and i can't sleep..

I've made a tea and hang around the forums :-/ 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've personally put this project on a "pause" cause the Greek Postal Office controlled by the government added extra fee's of +15€ per postage.

This is clearly a thing that is going to blow off, but until then all postage from outside the EU have this added.

I can't start the group buy and add extra for each user that said they want one. Please stand by for further information.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lefteris said:

I've personally put this project on a "pause" cause the Greek Postal Office controlled by the government added extra fee's of +15€ per postage.

This is clearly a thing that is going to blow off, but until then all postage from outside the EU have this added.

I can't start the group buy and add extra for each user that said they want one. Please stand by for further information.

I was wondering what happened :confused1:

You mean 15€ was added for sending a ~30-gram package?  :shock2:

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I was wondering what happened :confused1:

You mean 15€ was added for sending a ~30-gram package?  :shock2:

Yeah.. crazy !@!%#$^ you can read more here

https://www.cnn.gr/news/ellada/story/206955/elta-allages-stis-xreoseis-xaratsi-15-eyro-stis-agores-ektos-ee

and a rough google translate of this here

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.gr%2Fnews%2Fellada%2Fstory%2F206955%2Felta-allages-stis-xreoseis-xaratsi-15-eyro-stis-agores-ektos-ee

There are discussions that this whole thing was canceled cause it is illegal but still we need to wait and see results from people that bought things, cause the post office says we charge extra, news-outlets say it's not in use, nobody really has a clear understanding on the "if" it is canceled. We will know soon from people that bought stuff from outside the EU.

image.png.1f055080dd15f400fe02a8d2e543ddae.png

and also the checking at customs is done by Customs Authorities and not by the Greek Post Office, so they choose on a whiff to charge anything the want.

For a small fan with outlet for freon that was ment to be used in a lab, they charged +80€ cause they've put it in the hazardous items, a plastic fan with an outlet..

Edited by Lefteris
edit extras
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Lefteris said:

Yeah.. crazy !@!%#$^ you can read more here

https://www.cnn.gr/news/ellada/story/206955/elta-allages-stis-xreoseis-xaratsi-15-eyro-stis-agores-ektos-ee

and a rough google translate of this here

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.gr%2Fnews%2Fellada%2Fstory%2F206955%2Felta-allages-stis-xreoseis-xaratsi-15-eyro-stis-agores-ektos-ee

There are discussions that this whole thing was canceled cause it is illegal but still we need to wait and see results from people that bought things, cause the post office says we charge extra, news-outlets say it's not in use, nobody really has a clear understanding on the "if" it is canceled. We will know soon from people that bought stuff from outside the EU.

image.png.1f055080dd15f400fe02a8d2e543ddae.png

and also the checking at customs is done by Customs Authorities and not by the Greek Post Office, so they choose on a whiff to charge anything the want.

For a small fan with outlet for freon that was ment to be used in a lab, they charged +80€ cause they've put it in the hazardous items, a plastic fan with an outlet..

Wow. This Pebble effort may be dead :-(

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Yes :( I've just checked in Poland and cheapest customs clearance fee is about ~4 EUR (Polish Post Office). Up to 150 EUR there is also 23 % VAT added, above 150 EUR there is 23% VAT and customs (may be 0% in case of import from US).

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Well of nothing happens to change this, yes, and also all us Greeks are in trouble with this extra tax.

People say it's illegal, rumors say that is lifted, but the result matters, the people that have ordered phones and stuff will report back soon from groups on telegram.

• Like 1

In Spain it's about the same for products coming from a company; if it's between private citizens, if the declared value is <45€, they're exempt. If @Marty Backe can send them as "used Pebbles for parts" or something like that...

• Like 1

He can send them like that, even if it's free for samples or parts or something, it depends on the whim of the officer that gets his hands on the pebble.

You want an example, a friend here from the forums sent me an Pebble Classic from the US and it took +3€ euros even if it was sent as a gift, before this whole +15€ ordeal, if it was now it would have taken +15€ tax.

1 minute ago, Lefteris said:

He can send them like that, even if it's free for samples or parts or something, it depends on the whim of the officer that gets his hands on the pebble.

You want an example, a friend here from the forums sent me an Pebble Classic from the US and it took +3€ euros even if it was sent as a gift, before this whole +15€ ordeal, if it was now it would have taken +15€ tax.

Still... +15€/10 people = 1.5€/person...it could be worse...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, travsformation said:

Still... +15€/10 people = 1.5€/person...it could be worse...

But wait, you don't mention that they tend to "up" the price if they think the product is more expensive than 0€ or gift. If they see 12 pebbles on a box, just imagine what would they add.. haahah let's say +60€ and i'm on the safe side :P 

• Like 2

On 2/4/2020 at 4:00 AM, Lefteris said:

it's gmt+2 in Greece like 5am and i can't sleep..

Damn insomnia. Here in Poland we have a medicine for this - it's called baltic porter:

Porter_zywiec.jpg

It warms up, calms down and effectively helps you to fall asleep. And it's OTC - no prescription needed!!

:cheers:

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Seba said:

Damn insomnia. Here in Poland we have a medicine for this - it's called baltic porter:

Porter_zywiec.jpg

It warms up, calms down and effectively helps you to fall asleep. And it's OTC - no prescription needed!!

:cheers:

:thumbup:

I'm partial to the Hot Toddy for winter colds, flu, insomnia, etc.:

Classic_Hot_Toddy-700x461.jpg

As the saying goes, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. While the Hot Toddy often acts as a blank canvas for whatever variety of boozy ingredients its creator feels like customizing it with, the basic recipe is still a surefire classic to start experimenting with warm cocktails. And while we don’t profess to be experts in the medicinal benefits of honey, lemon and brown liquor, this throwback remedy is known to provide relief when cold winter days leave you feeling a bit under the weather.

Ingredients
  • 1½ ounce brown liquor such as brandy, whiskey or rum
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • ½ ounce lemon juice
  • 1 cup hot water
  • Lemon wedge, cinnamon stick and star anise, for garnish (optional)
Edited by travsformation
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Lefteris said:

But wait, you don't mention that they tend to "up" the price if they think the product is more expensive than 0€ or gift. If they see 12 pebbles on a box, just imagine what would they add.. haahah let's say +60€ and i'm on the safe side :P 

Yeah, too many unknowns :(

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lefteris said:

Too much work, pour me one cold, or a scotch with 1 rock and i'm good to go! ;):P 

One? The medicinal part comes with repetition... ;)

"Well Hector, here's the game plan: you're going to bring us two Absolut Martinis--you know how I like them, straight up--, then precisely 7 & 1/2 minutes after that you're gonna bring us 2 more. Then 2 more after that, every 5 minutes until one of us passes the fuck out"

2020-02-16-17-00-34-2-Wolf-Of-Wallstreet

Edited by travsformation
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, travsformation said:

One? The medicinal part comes with repetition... ;)

"Well Hector, here's the game plan: you're going to bring us two Absolut Martinis--you know how I like them, straight up--, then precisely 7 & 1/2 minutes after that you're gonna bring us 2 more. Then 2 more after that, every 5 minutes until one of us passes the fuck out"

2020-02-16-17-00-34-2-Wolf-Of-Wallstreet

Martini's.. hm.. forgot i had a bottle :P 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...