V10F how much tire pressure for 220 lb new rider

rainystateguy

My first EUC, a V10F, will arrive tomorrow.  I am a complete novice.  I'm right at 200 lbs stepping out of the shower. I figure I will weigh up to about 220 lbs (100 kilos). after adding cold weather clothing and protective gear.

Are there any Immotion V10F riders out there who weigh about the same who can suggest an appropriate tire pressure?  From my reading and YouTube watching I have come away thinking that it may be good to start with the tires a bit under inflated?   If that is correct perhaps you could suggest a starting pressure and then what I might want to top them up to once I get halfway competent at riding.  

I do understand that there is no hard and fast rule as to the proper pressure.  I am just looking for starting pressures for both learning to ride and then normal day to day travel that I can tweak to my personal taste.  Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

I am about 80kg or 90kg geared up. I ride my V10f at 2.6-2.7bar. I pumped it to 2.75 and let out a tiny bit of air. 

Now as a new rider you don't want it too hard as you have less footprint of the tire to balance on. On the other hand you do not want to damage the rim or risk a snake bite puncture. The Tire God @mrelwoodmade an excel guide. I have to find this again, as I don't have the file on my new phone.

As a tip of you can get someone to take a picture of you film when just standing on the wheel you can get an idea of how much the tire give with you on it. 

Note since I have a very poon right knee, I prefer a softer ride, so I don't hit curbs or potholes or obstacles at high speed. Going over curbs is a skill that can be very useful. Also on this regard @mrelwoodknow a video that show how to do this perfectly. I just seem to forget the links to these. 

Ohh and I almost forgot, welcome. 

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 2

115KG :whistling: 2,7 Bar optimal 2,4Bar minimal i use Slime. No go up 3 bar is very bouncy and dangerous.

manufacturer recomended 2,8 = 40 psi

• Like 1

@rainystateguy I know you stated this is your first wheel. Have you tried EUC ridding before? Or used to use any balance vehicle/gadget before?

If not I posted a few tips for @PogArt Artur and @MR BRAD some time back. (search for threads started by them and you should find this.... I think🙄

• Like 1

I thought that yesterday I had thanked those who took time to reply, but I must have forgotten to hit the send button. Sorry about that.  I have looked up the threads that Unventor recommended, and yes indeed there was a lot of good info there.  Again I appreciate you more experienced riders sharing your knowledge.  Fedex tells me that my EUC should get here sometime within the next four hours.  Of course the Murphy's Law effect has kicked in and it is snowing heavily at the moment....  Hopefully this will be my last post as someone who has never ridden a EUC.  Have a good day, folks!

• Like 1

Just now, rainystateguy said:

I thought that yesterday I had thanked those who took time to reply, but I must have forgotten to hit the send button. Sorry about that.  I have looked up the threads that Unventor recommended, and yes indeed there was a lot of good info there.  Again I appreciate you more experienced riders sharing your knowledge.  Fedex tells me that my EUC should get here sometime within the next four hours.  Of course the Murphy's Law effect has kicked in and it is snowing heavily at the moment....  Hopefully this will be my last post as someone who has never ridden a EUC.  Have a good day, folks!

Hahaha I know this only too well, this is some time back when I were ready to practice. The day before we didn't have any snow. Resized_20180327_073255_4483.thumb.jpg.a5d6ec50897218e8001639626295dcc3.jpg

• Like 1

>>95kg here all geared up.  I'm riding at 2.2 - 2.4 bar (32-35 psi).<<

Kristof, that is probably really close to what my weight will be.  I'll start there and adjust as need be.  Awesome!

>>The day before we didn't have any snow.<<

Unventor, the exact same thing happened here.  Yesterday was beautiful.  The sun poked out for the first time in weeks, the streets dried off.  It was wonderful.  Today, snow.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rainystateguy said:

Unventor, the exact same thing happened here.  Yesterday was beautiful.  The sun poked out for the first time in weeks, the streets dried off.  It was wonderful.  Today, snow.

If you mark a section you should get an option to quote this section, just like I just did now. 

Now it should be odd if not more questions pop up. So here is a thread I think you might find interesting. I recommend the same to you, as I think looking back is what made the biggest impact to get to that click moment and you get the sensation of this is actually possible to Lear and masters 😊

Edited by Unventor

1 minute ago, Unventor said:

If you mark a section you should get an option to quote this section, just like I just did now. 

Got it.  Thanks!  What's the story on "Like"s?  On YouTube I am used to using likes as a way of acknowledging replies, but when I tried that here yesterday it only allowed me to like one of the 3 replies.  I got an auto-notice when I tried using it a second time that I would have to wait a day before liking something again.  Do you know if that is just because I am new to the forum or does everyone just get to like one message a day?

• Like 1

We have a reputation system here to stop spammer and scammers on the forum. 

As a member you don't see this as we, the team of moderators, filter this out and make sure we have as clean forum and community as possible for a interest driven forum. 

Ohh and another think we are look to change a few things so new riders/members can find the first few steps on EUC riding faster and more easy. We are not there yet, but it is in the pipeline thanks to @travsformation poking me and tossing some ideas in my direction that I already have thought about, but didn't get to execute. One again good job @travsformation 👍

As @rainystateguy good luck on you new journey of EUC fun. The first hour is hard then you will get to see the world though new eyes, that I promise😉👀

• Like 1