IPS ZERO Review

micro

You can see the reply sent to me by Shanghai IPS Investments Co. Ltd. here.

It clearly explains that the first batch of Zero's were sold to obtain test results from customers (for around $500.00+shipping which is not cheap). I would still consider buying it once all the problems have been resolved.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

The Zero is compact, sleek, light and beautiful. It has the power that very few EUC's can match given the same weight class of 10.7 kgs. It gives a very comfortable ride and is very responsive due to it's powerful motor.  I agree, it attracts a lot more attention that the Ninebot One.

Edited by SlowMo
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, SlowMo said:

The Zero is compact, sleek, light and beautiful. It has the power that very few EUC's can match given the same weight class of 10.7 kgs. It gives a very comfortable ride and is very responsive due to it's powerful motor.  I agree, it attracts a lot more attention that the Ninebot One.

Can you recreate the grinding noise that Paul had with his? As yours is 340.

Edited by Viktiga
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Viktiga said:

Can you recreate the grinding noise that Paul had with his? As yours is 340.

I have never experienced the grinding noise yet. I might never will since I don't push my EUC to the limit. Machines need TLC too. :P

Edited by SlowMo
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Viktiga said:

But would you say it can keep up with your ninebot? 

Of course, Ninebot has max speed of 22km/h. The Zero can have an average speed of 25km/h and max at 28-29km/h. So at 22km/h, the Zeros engine is running at normal operation. Also, I find it a lot more comfortable to ride the Zero than the Ninebot and the compact size plus the weight difference of around 4 kg. is an absolute advantage. :)

The Zero can be compared to the Ninebot One P in terms of speed. You can buy 2 Zero's for the price of a Ninebot One P. Think about it.

Edited by SlowMo
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, SlowMo said:

Of course, Ninebot has max speed of 22km/h. The Zero can have an average speed of 25km/h and max at 28-29km/h. So at 22km/h, the Zeros engine is running at normal operation. Also, I find it a lot more comfortable to ride the Zero than the Ninebot and the compact size plus the weight difference of around 4 kg. is an absolute advantage. :)

The Zero can be compared to the Ninebot One P in terms of speed. You can buy 2 Zero's for the price of a Ninebot One P. Think about it.

I was thinking about what Pagsy said and I just thought it sounded strange that the 9B1 would be stronger as the motor in the Zero is 800w while 9B1 is 500w(?). Maybe I'm thinking or/and reading it wrong?

On 2015-11-23 02:13:58, Pagsy said:

Note that when going uphill, I would say that the Zero will go up slower than the 9B1 as it is definitely better and more powerful, but the Zero will go though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SlowMo said:

The Ninebot One has more torque which is good for going up hill but in normal flat pavements, the Zero will run faster. I think the 800w rating is the peak power output of the Zero so it could also be rated at 500w nominal.

Ok then I understand.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, micro said:

ZERO-130 seems to use this battery:
http://www.saftylipobattery.com/sell-2770756-18650nrh10-16s1p-60v-2000mah-lipo-battery-for-e-scooter.html

I guess ZERO-260 has the same cells. Has one of you seen what is being used in the ZERO-340?

Interesting. In my teardown the 260Wh battery pack looks like this:

http://imgur.com/X9IlOEw

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, SlowMo said:

I suggest you buy from Iamips factory directly.

Yes, Tony is a rather 'special' guy

you could also  try monowiel.be; it's all still rather new to them too I have the impression, but they are friendly people, selling from their garage/webshop.

consider maybe also the 16" IPS models, especially the Lhotz model if you're a new to the game, this type will handle falls probably a lot better than the fancy Zero (stick with 340Kwh battery)

welcome to the brother and sisterhood of the big EUC

Good luck,

Jurgen

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SlowMo said:

I suggest you buy from Iamips factory directly.

Thanks for the advice SlowMo. Can you give me a url to the "lamips factory"?

@Jurgen, I will surely compare to monowiel.be but just want to be sure to pay the right price as there seems to be some difference depending on where you order.

Thanks!

7 hours ago, Supersmi said:

Thanks for the advice SlowMo. Can you give me a url to the "lamips factory"?

@Jurgen, I will surely compare to monowiel.be but just want to be sure to pay the right price as there seems to be some difference depending on where you order.

Thanks!

Try to contact

孟闰瑞 <runrui.meng@iamips.com>. You won't regret buying the Zero.